Jason96

K-1 Visa package questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, so now I am FINALLY finished with gathering everything together for the K-1 visa, and I'm ready now to mail the packege to the lockbox in Texas, but I had two questions before I mailed it.

The first question was, does anybody know of any reason why it would be a problem for me to have front and back copies of our proof of relationship documentation? As it stands at the moment, my package is 88 pages long, with all forms and evidence included, with some separator pages to divide things up a bit, and to save on the number of pages I needed in the package, I did a number of pages front and back when it came to emails and chats, as I just didn't think it would matter on those if they were front and back, but does anybody know of a reason why having front and back copies of proof of relationship evidence would be a reason to get an RFE or rejection of my application for some reason?

Also, due to the fact that my package is 88 pages long, I'm a little bit self-conscience that it is TOOOO long, and that it will get rejected or something, so can someone out there quiet my fears, or else confirm them so I can change my package around before mailing it? LOL

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Not saying I did it right or anything, but our packet was about 10 pages total. We included passport stamps, pics of us together when we were in Korea together for a few months and again in the Philippines for a week. We didn't include any emails or chats. So I guess in a few months, I can report back to you whether it was enough or not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I only sent 20 pages of evidence; passport stamps, airline tickets, western union transfers, emails, phone records, pics. What I am going to do is send the remaining evidence to my fiance, so that if they ask for additional evidence he can prove it at that time. I don't see why you couldn't copy front and back. But if you are unsure than just copy the front, to be on the safe side.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, so now I am FINALLY finished with gathering everything together for the K-1 visa, and I'm ready now to mail the packege to the lockbox in Texas, but I had two questions before I mailed it.

The first question was, does anybody know of any reason why it would be a problem for me to have front and back copies of our proof of relationship documentation? As it stands at the moment, my package is 88 pages long, with all forms and evidence included, with some separator pages to divide things up a bit, and to save on the number of pages I needed in the package, I did a number of pages front and back when it came to emails and chats, as I just didn't think it would matter on those if they were front and back, but does anybody know of a reason why having front and back copies of proof of relationship evidence would be a reason to get an RFE or rejection of my application for some reason?

Also, due to the fact that my package is 88 pages long, I'm a little bit self-conscience that it is TOOOO long, and that it will get rejected or something, so can someone out there quiet my fears, or else confirm them so I can change my package around before mailing it? LOL

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Are you asking if it's ok to print on both sides of the page? If so, then yes, it's fine. I wasn't really worried about killing a tree to put my package together, so most of the stuff was singled-sided, but there were some documents and evidence that were two-sided in their original format (birth certificate, photos with writing n' stuff on the back, etc.) and I create two-sided copies of these.

Unless you have some issues in your case you feel need to be addressed in the petition package, front loading a lot of emails and/or chat transcripts is probably overkill, even if you were dealing with a high fraud consulate. USCIS isn't going to read them because they aren't needed to prove the two year meeting requirement. The consular officer is only going to spend a few minutes with your petition package before the interview, so they aren't going to read dozens of emails or chats. Front loaded evidence is more compelling if it reads like an enticing brochure, and not like a novel. My package was also heavily front loaded, but it was mostly pictures and travel evidence. There were less than half a dozen pages of text.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.