Lizz&Mohamed

URGENT! I AM LOSING IT!!! USCIS-Review Case

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry for your plight! Please take care of yourself during this stressful time.

Couldn't take the time to read your long run on post without paragraph breaks, though, so FYI. :blink:

Take care and we are hoping for the best for you!

:star:

Thank you for your response and words of support. Is it just me or did Mustafa totally came down hard on me and/or my case? Maybe it's just me...:blink:

Timeline

It all depends on a country your spouse wants to immigrate from.There are some so called high risk countries where more or less people do get married for GC more then other so those who really wants to get married because they are in love,are sometimes treated as majority who don't,whose number one thing is to come to US...But I know how it is..waiting to find out what is going to happen after 6,8,10 or more months of waiting is nervewrecking and I can imagine if someone is told he/she is denied because of lack of info on his spouse..But even when everyghing seems to go wrong,at the end-love wins and eventually you'll be reunited.In your case I'd send all the proofs I can to show them we're differenet then those other 'bad' guys...And tell your hubby every single detail about you(which I am against of doing in normal circumstances,because we all have to have some things just for ourselves..) so he can't fail once he goes again for an interview.It's sometimes stupid that someone is denied because of nnot knowing who was your boss..but,that's how it works for us who decide to fall in love with someone from different nationality wanting him to move with us here in US :(

Hope it all works out!

Thank you for your kind words of support. I do appreciate it and need them too. :thumbs: I am glad there are people out there who understand what I am going through and how I am feeling.

Thanks again,

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

Hi Lizz...I know exactly how you feel...my husband and I are going thru the same thing...our 180 days will be up the 21st of this month and still no word...it is VERY stressful to have to wait but I have kept in contact with my congresswoman's office and I send an occasional "reminder" email to the service center that has it to let them know that there is a family waiting...in my case I decided to stay in Morocco with my husband while we wait because the seperation was too much...I've been here since a month before his interview at the end of Jan.and although I love it here I want to get back home...what is really upsetting is that immigration doesn't seem to care that families are seperated for long lengths of time, go thru emotional stress and have their lives turned upside down while "waiting" for them to take their sweet time..in our case uscis sat on the petition for 3 MONTHS before they even started reviewing it...absolutly ridiculious...I hope in your case that you hear something good very soon

My heart goes out to you during this stressful time. Though I am saddened by your situation, it does offer some sort of relief that I am not the only one in this kind of situation. I am not alone. I too keep in touch with my Congresswoman's office and am in constant contact with USCIS. I wish I had the opportunity to stay in Egypt with my husband but I have young children that prevents me from doing so. Actually, my husband would love it, if instead I were to decide to make Egypt my home...:blush:

I hope and pray that all of us who are patiently waiting for our spouses to be reunited with us get their happy ending soon.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

And the correct answer is: Speedy Gonzalez on a caffeine high!

Is is me or is Mustafa's response to my post blaming me for my husband visa denial? Was he not a bit judgemental of us and/or our case without having full knowledge of what happened?

Maybe it is me and I am not reading his response right???:wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you for your response but I disagree with your opinion of my & my husband's relationship/marriage. First of all, I don't know where you get the impression that my husband & I never talk or tried to get to know each other. Yes, we both fell in love but I also waited 1year before i married my husband for that reason alone. I wanted to take time to get to know all about him and his family. And with all due respect to you, you were not there at the interview to witness how the CO, who by the way are human and perhaps when they are having a bad day at work they can sometimes take it out on the visa applicants. They may not mean to do it but it happens and for you to say that they are not wrong and that they are doing only their job...I am sorry you are blinded. There is such a thing as discrimination and people having bad days at work...I see it all the time even in my line of work. I also have family who works for immigration & both of my cousins tell me all the time of some injustices that have taken place against immigrants. Again, I am not saying ALL CO's are guilty of this but I just want you to know that it is possible that either they have bad days and/or just discriminated on certain aspects of our case. One important thing some CO's or any person for that matter that may deal with an immigrant who is not fluent in English, without any professional training and/or patience, will easily get frustrated with the person who cannot communicate well in English. My husband asked her if she could slow her speech a little so that he can understand her questions better and she did not. Instead her response was "no if you can communicate with your wife in English then you will communicate just fine in English with me". My husband was already nervous to begin with being alone without me and in the US Embassy and to add a CO who was a bit upset and intimidating by the way she communicated with my husband...so of course my husband got confused in answering some of the questions. But this does not mean that My husband did know enough about me. My birthday for one is one of the first things he learned about me and I about him. His only mistake was giving my birthday in the Arab format. He did answer one question wrong, but even if I had married an American Citizen, it does not mean that I would of discussed every major event in my life, with every single detail. That's not reality. And these CO's have been known to find any litlle excuse to reject and visa & return it back to USCIS for a possible denial, which I am sure they are hoping they will do with my case. So to answer your question, yes the CO's have every right to ask their questions. All I am saying is that, they can also be fair, understanding and accomodating and most important treat people with respect. For example, when my husband tried to answer her questions clearly for her to understand him, she would cut him off and not allow him the opportunity to explain himself! People deserve to be treated with respect and in a professional manner. Not be talked down to and be intimidated.

Now from personal experience at the US Embassy in Cairo, I can testify to the treatment I received as an American Citizen when I went to register my marriage. The way they spoke to me, both an american and an egyptian employee...it was sad to see. They spoke to me in a manner which made them totally unprofessional. They were upset that I was there to register my marriage. The American even tried to convince me not to do it, not to register my marriage with them! She tried to tell me how Egyptian men have been known to marry for personal gain, for the greencard. She even told me that I could be in danger, physically & asked me if I had registered my trip with them. Though, I understood and respect their safety concern...for them to try to make me feel uncomfortable for trying to registrer my marriage to an Egyptian citizen, I did not appreciate that & feel they have no right in deciding or trying to influence the decision of who I fell in love with and chose to marry.

And while I respect your opinion, I will continue to believe in my husband...I can tell you that my family who are Immigrants from Mexico have experienced discrimination going through the Immigration Process. These officers are human and some are influenced by what the media portrays about any particular ethnic race. Like the negative stereotype of Egyptian men marrying foreigners only for the greencard. We should all be judged on our personal merits/accomplishments and actionsnot by ignorant stereotypes! We should all be given a fair opportunity to apply for a visa, be given a chance to be interviewed (as I volunteered myself and my children for them to see the legitimacy of our union/marriage) and simply treated like decent human beings, with respect and professionalism.

Again, thank you for your response & forgive if I may be coming across harshly but I believe you have misunderstood our case.

Respectfullly,

Lizz&Mohamed

hi Lizz&Mohamed iam not blaming you and my purpose is not heart your feeling iam only telling you reality of your case and your answer create lot of question if you fell in love with your husband before marriage and i think 1 year is a lot of time to know each other there is a lot of way to commicate to talk each other and know about each other

question no 2 as you say in your post that your husband not fulent in english and before your husband interview and as you say in your post you know your husband very well so why you dont tell your husband every embassy have a option to select their choice of language let suppose for example you forget about that option and you are not aware of that so at that time of before your husband interview when usa embassy officer ask your husband select your choice of language and also your husband very well know about him self that he is not fulent in english so why your husband cannot choose other language option here is the question mark and soon inshallaha when your husband going for his second interview and your husband blaming to consular officer that consular officer talk me or speech very fast english and iam trying to say lot of time to consular officer please dont speech so fast please speech slowly if you speak in slow pace i can better understand your question but consular officer cannot coperate me and consulr officer say to your husband in 2 interview if you not confortable or fulent in english why you choose english language so here is a another question mark

Timeline

hi Lizz&Mohamed iam not blaming you and my purpose is not heart your feeling iam only telling you reality of your case and your answer create lot of question if you fell in love with your husband before marriage and i think 1 year is a lot of time to know each other there is a lot of way to commicate to talk each other and know about each other

question no 2 as you say in your post that your husband not fulent in english and before your husband interview and as you say in your post you know your husband very well so why you dont tell your husband every embassy have a option to select their choice of language let suppose for example you forget about that option and you are not aware of that so at that time of before your husband interview when usa embassy officer ask your husband select your choice of language and also your husband very well know about him self that he is not fulent in english so why your husband cannot choose other language option here is the question mark and soon inshallaha when your husband going for his second interview and your husband blaming to consular officer that consular officer talk me or speech very fast english and iam trying to say lot of time to consular officer please dont speech so fast please speech slowly if you speak in slow pace i can better understand your question but consular officer cannot coperate me and consulr officer say to your husband in 2 interview if you not confortable or fulent in english why you choose english language so here is a another question mark

Mustafa - One of the first things my husband asked the interviewing CO, was that he preferred the interview to be given in Arabic, if possible. When the CO heard this, she got mad with him and told him "NO. The interview will be done only in English because if you can communicate in English with your wife, then you will communicate in English to me." She was very short with him! She made no attempt, to even slow her speech a little even when he asked her to. Had that been me, I would not wait for an interviewee to even ask me to slow my speech down. I have enough common sense to know that any person who's first language is not English & has expressed his concern to me over his limited English skills to begin with...I try to assist in the best way possible. But that is just me, I understand not everyone will be willing to go out of their way to help someone who is trying to immigrate to the US.

And so you will know, my husband has enrolled himself at the University and is taking an extensive Conversational English course, to prepare for a possible 2nd interview - "Insha Allah". Also, in the one year that my husband & I took to get to know one another, we discussed our lives often, our backgrounds, our cultures. I don't know what you think we talked about or discussed but believe me, I did everything to learn all that I could about him and his life, family, culture, religion, beliefs...but no one is perfect. Even I that have a great memory, sometimes forget some details as I am sure the CO's themselves do as well. All I am saying, is that CO's need to remember that we are all human, no perfect and so that if a person who is being interviewed may answer a question about their spouse, it does not mean the marriage is a fraud. My biggest mistake, was believing that I did not need to be present with my husband at his interview. Boy was I wrong! But I assure you, I will not leave him alone again! I will be right there to support him in the interviewing process.

I believe ALL people, from ALL nations, should always be treated with dignity and respect...unless they themselves do not respect me.

Thank you.

Lizz&Mohamed

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My heart goes out to you during this stressful time. Though I am saddened by your situation, it does offer some sort of relief that I am not the only one in this kind of situation. I am not alone. I too keep in touch with my Congresswoman's office and am in constant contact with USCIS. I wish I had the opportunity to stay in Egypt with my husband but I have young children that prevents me from doing so. Actually, my husband would love it, if instead I were to decide to make Egypt my home...:blush:

I hope and pray that all of us who are patiently waiting for our spouses to be reunited with us get their happy ending soon.

Lizz&Mohamed

Well don't give up hope but you should be prepared in case USCIS sends a NOID/NOIR...have your rebuttal prepared early and all evidence ready to submit to them as you'll only have a short amount of time after the notice...we are preparing for this as well since I'm the type to expect the worst case scenario...lol...my husband was put thru a similar situation at the consulate here in Morocco and I feel that the CO had the same problem as yours did...barely looked at the evidence, etc..what really makes me mad is that these people presume to know your relationship by a 1/2 hr to hours worth of questions and ignore the fact that your and his families and friends know the relationship is real.....just keep your spirits up and don't stop contacting them...I plan to bug them to death about our case until they finally get a decision done..they will be so sick of hearing from me...lol

Edited by anas_tracy_love
as1cERB0g410010NDMxc2x6fDIwN2xzfHNpbmNlIFwiSSBEb1wiLi4uLi4uLi4u.gif

Mustafa - One of the first things my husband asked the interviewing CO, was that he preferred the interview to be given in Arabic, if possible. When the CO heard this, she got mad with him and told him "NO. The interview will be done only in English because if you can communicate in English with your wife, then you will communicate in English to me." She was very short with him! She made no attempt, to even slow her speech a little even when he asked her to. Had that been me, I would not wait for an interviewee to even ask me to slow my speech down. I have enough common sense to know that any person who's first language is not English & has expressed his concern to me over his limited English skills to begin with...I try to assist in the best way possible. But that is just me, I understand not everyone will be willing to go out of their way to help someone who is trying to immigrate to the US.

And so you will know, my husband has enrolled himself at the University and is taking an extensive Conversational English course, to prepare for a possible 2nd interview - "Insha Allah". Also, in the one year that my husband & I took to get to know one another, we discussed our lives often, our backgrounds, our cultures. I don't know what you think we talked about or discussed but believe me, I did everything to learn all that I could about him and his life, family, culture, religion, beliefs...but no one is perfect. Even I that have a great memory, sometimes forget some details as I am sure the CO's themselves do as well. All I am saying, is that CO's need to remember that we are all human, no perfect and so that if a person who is being interviewed may answer a question about their spouse, it does not mean the marriage is a fraud. My biggest mistake, was believing that I did not need to be present with my husband at his interview. Boy was I wrong! But I assure you, I will not leave him alone again! I will be right there to support him in the interviewing process.

I believe ALL people, from ALL nations, should always be treated with dignity and respect...unless they themselves do not respect me.

Thank you.

Lizz&Mohamed

Two things-first-even if you are with him,they will interview him by himself-not with you.Most of the time is like that...In our case,I couldn't even go in there inside if the building when my hubby was interviewed.Second-I don't get this part-he couldn't understand simple questions about you,how do you guys talk then??? You say you've learned all about his life,culture,beliefs...for this type of talk,you need to know english,much more then just simple get -to-know you talk...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you.

Lizz&Mohamed

hi Lizz&Mohamed as you mention and explain in your post that consular officer take your husband interview without give any select choice of language offer to take your husband interview by force threatning your husband and give unnecessary presure and mentally toucher and unnecessary bond to your husband that you marry to a usa citizen that why you are completely bond to give interview only in english which is completely against the law immigration rules and regulation as my knowledge of experince consular officer cannot bond to any one for any resons and this lady consular officer violate the usa immigration law because consular officer have no right to give any threat to any kind of unnecessary presure to any person who comming for visa interview its totally illegal to give any sort of threat or any kind of mentally presure because consular officer cannot bond to any person that you obey follow the consular officer own rules this is completely illegal and criminal act so in that scnerio if you look over your case now you have a strong point in your hand and you can take action against the consular officer so immidetely hire a lawer discuss with your lawer how you can lawsuit or case in court against the consular officer if you make your case in better shape the case go to you and your husband favour and write a letter senator or congressman that she can take your husband interview in english by force refuse to give any language choice offer and she is also threatning and mentallyt toucher to my husband that he is bond to give interview in english and my husband already told that he is not fulent in english and he is enable to explain any type of answer to consular officer question because lack of or littell english please give me justification and explaination if consular officer take my husband interview in arabic language he is in good and comfortable position to give answer any type of question or cross questioning if you look my case in usa law and justification point of view my husband is completely inocent and all blame goes to consular officer because he is fully responsible for my husband visa denied and in my opnion my husband interview have no worth or value because this interview is taking in the way of breaking the usa immigration law .

SO LIZZ&MUHAMMAD AS MY KNOWLEDGE OF EXPERENCE USA IMMIGRATION LAW CANNOT BOND ANY PERSON TO GIVE ANY TYPE OF VISA INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE BECAUSE THERE IS A THOUSAND OF MAN AND WOMEN WHO MARRY TO A USA CITIZEN AND THE MAJORITY OF THE COUPLE WHO DONT KNOW A SINGLE WORDS OF ENGLISH AND EVEN CANNOT WRITE READ AND SPEAK ENGLISH AND IF YOU LOOK IN AMERICA THE MOST MAJORITY OF CITIZEN CANNOT COMMUNICATE OR TALK PROPER ENGLISH

Hello Jane,

Thank you for responding, now I know that there are quite a few of us out there in the same boat.

I have been checking our case via USCIS website & see that they are touching it monthly, last touch was August 31, 2010. It is my hope that by the 180 days (Sept. 13th), I will have some sort of decision and/or NOIR/NOID. When I received NOA from USCIS that they were in receipt of our case as of April 13th, I immediately began putting a new supporting evidence package that was mailed off the first week in June. It included flight info from my last trip to Egypt (April 2010) with my children, pictures of my husband with my children, neice & all of his family, months worth of emails, chat logs, & cell phone bills detailing the multiple, daily calls. When I called USCIS & informed them of me doing this, the representative told me that I shouldn't have done that because there is no guarantee that my package would even get attached to the paperwork/case. I told her, I did not want to risk them making a final decision without considering our new information. I unfortunately cannot add my husband to my insurance because they need him to be here/present & have no joint accounts because I imagine he would have to be present to be added as well.

I will start to print out more emails, chat logs, call logs from skype & yahoo messenger, my cell & our paperwork on packages that we send to each other ocassionally, so that I can be ready for their request. I have however, even read some postings here where some people's cases were re-affirmed without even being request a single document...Go figure. It's crazy how that works out right? Some are put through the ringer & others are so lucky....

Please keep me updated on your case & if there are any other things you can think of that will help me, please do not hesitate to share.

Lizz&Mohamed

"no joint accounts because I imagine he would have to be present to be added as well.

You can get a ITR [in trust For] savings account without your hubby being here . No need SSN either. Been there, done that when my wife was still in PI.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

hi Lizz&Mohamed as you mention and explain in your post that consular officer take your husband interview without give any select choice of language offer to take your husband interview by force threatning your husband and give unnecessary presure and mentally toucher and unnecessary bond to your husband that you marry to a usa citizen that why you are completely bond to give interview only in english which is completely against the law immigration rules and regulation as my knowledge of experince consular officer cannot bond to any one for any resons and this lady consular officer violate the usa immigration law because consular officer have no right to give any threat to any kind of unnecessary presure to any person who comming for visa interview its totally illegal to give any sort of threat or any kind of mentally presure because consular officer cannot bond to any person that you obey follow the consular officer own rules this is completely illegal and criminal act so in that scnerio if you look over your case now you have a strong point in your hand and you can take action against the consular officer so immidetely hire a lawer discuss with your lawer how you can lawsuit or case in court against the consular officer if you make your case in better shape the case go to you and your husband favour and write a letter senator or congressman that she can take your husband interview in english by force refuse to give any language choice offer and she is also threatning and mentallyt toucher to my husband that he is bond to give interview in english and my husband already told that he is not fulent in english and he is enable to explain any type of answer to consular officer question because lack of or littell english please give me justification and explaination if consular officer take my husband interview in arabic language he is in good and comfortable position to give answer any type of question or cross questioning if you look my case in usa law and justification point of view my husband is completely inocent and all blame goes to consular officer because he is fully responsible for my husband visa denied and in my opnion my husband interview have no worth or value because this interview is taking in the way of breaking the usa immigration law .

SO LIZZ&MUHAMMAD AS MY KNOWLEDGE OF EXPERENCE USA IMMIGRATION LAW CANNOT BOND ANY PERSON TO GIVE ANY TYPE OF VISA INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE BECAUSE THERE IS A THOUSAND OF MAN AND WOMEN WHO MARRY TO A USA CITIZEN AND THE MAJORITY OF THE COUPLE WHO DONT KNOW A SINGLE WORDS OF ENGLISH AND EVEN CANNOT WRITE READ AND SPEAK ENGLISH AND IF YOU LOOK IN AMERICA THE MOST MAJORITY OF CITIZEN CANNOT COMMUNICATE OR TALK PROPER ENGLISH

Thank you Mustafa. I have consulted an Immigration Attorney & she said we can sue them & take our case to court. The problem with that is that she quoted me a price if we take this to district court 10,000-15,000...I want to first wait for USCIS decision and then I will make the decision of what to do next.

Shokran.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

Two things-first-even if you are with him,they will interview him by himself-not with you.Most of the time is like that...In our case,I couldn't even go in there inside if the building when my hubby was interviewed.Second-I don't get this part-he couldn't understand simple questions about you,how do you guys talk then??? You say you've learned all about his life,culture,beliefs...for this type of talk,you need to know english,much more then just simple get -to-know you talk...

If I am with him, I will be there for moral support for one. Second, I have heard from people in the MENA portal that have been interviewed at the Cairo Embassy that sometimes they do take both wife and husband inside, interview the wife or USC a little, ask them to then wait outside for their spouse, so that they can interview the beneficiary. Second - the simple questions, he did understand. Like my birthday - he understood it perfectly but answered it in the Egyptian format. How do we talk? In simple English and some Arabic. I know some Arabic because I have a best friend of 22+ years, who is Syrian and her husband is from Egypt. I have been around the Arab/Muslim culture for that long. I have also worked in the Educational Field in teaching students English (ESL/ELD). I also am U.S. born but raised in Mexico & returned back to the States at the age of 10. I have the first hand knowledge of how hard and difficult it is to learn a 2nd language & because of all this, I have the patience and understanding needed when communicating with people whose English is not their first language. So, with all this experience, I communicate with my husband just fine. Now, the CO that interviewed him and others like her may not understand how this is possible...frankly I think they use that to their advantage so that they can trip the person up on their questioning and have a reason to deny the visa.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lizz&Mohamed

Timeline

Well don't give up hope but you should be prepared in case USCIS sends a NOID/NOIR...have your rebuttal prepared early and all evidence ready to submit to them as you'll only have a short amount of time after the notice...we are preparing for this as well since I'm the type to expect the worst case scenario...lol...my husband was put thru a similar situation at the consulate here in Morocco and I feel that the CO had the same problem as yours did...barely looked at the evidence, etc..what really makes me mad is that these people presume to know your relationship by a 1/2 hr to hours worth of questions and ignore the fact that your and his families and friends know the relationship is real.....just keep your spirits up and don't stop contacting them...I plan to bug them to death about our case until they finally get a decision done..they will be so sick of hearing from me...lol

Thank you for your kind words of support. From some of the replies to my post, I don't know why I feel some to be critical than understanding or simpathetic...??? I have been preparing the rebuttal package and will be ready if and when they decide to make me submit more evidence of our relationship. I too share your feeling on how people presume to know our relationship by that half hour to hours worth of questions, ignoring the fact that both our families and friends know the relationship is so real. Again, thank you for your kind words of support and encouragement. I will keep contating USCIS as I have been and not give up the fight. :angry:

May all of us who are in the same situation be given our happy ending.:innocent:

Lizz&Mohamed

If I am with him, I will be there for moral support for one. Second, I have heard from people in the MENA portal that have been interviewed at the Cairo Embassy that sometimes they do take both wife and husband inside, interview the wife or USC a little, ask them to then wait outside for their spouse, so that they can interview the beneficiary. Second - the simple questions, he did understand. Like my birthday - he understood it perfectly but answered it in the Egyptian format. How do we talk? In simple English and some Arabic. I know some Arabic because I have a best friend of 22+ years, who is Syrian and her husband is from Egypt. I have been around the Arab/Muslim culture for that long. I have also worked in the Educational Field in teaching students English (ESL/ELD). I also am U.S. born but raised in Mexico & returned back to the States at the age of 10. I have the first hand knowledge of how hard and difficult it is to learn a 2nd language & because of all this, I have the patience and understanding needed when communicating with people whose English is not their first language. So, with all this experience, I communicate with my husband just fine. Now, the CO that interviewed him and others like her may not understand how this is possible...frankly I think they use that to their advantage so that they can trip the person up on their questioning and have a reason to deny the visa.

Thank you for your understanding.

Lizz&Mohamed

And plus maybe your husband was nervous and when you're nervous no matter how sure you feel about something you say wrong things...like my hubby knew exactly i was there from feb to april at one time but he said just april,which they may take as-oooh he doesn't know,but he says he was so nervous that he thought of it later...how he could of been tricked.I was nervous for him here wiating on his phone call,then I understand how he felt.

Timeline

And plus maybe your husband was nervous and when you're nervous no matter how sure you feel about something you say wrong things...like my hubby knew exactly i was there from feb to april at one time but he said just april,which they may take as-oooh he doesn't know,but he says he was so nervous that he thought of it later...how he could of been tricked.I was nervous for him here wiating on his phone call,then I understand how he felt.

Exactly! You see? My husband is not the only one. Insha Allah the next time around will all be so much better...

Thank you for your response.

Lizz&Mohamed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.