miker32us

Never received NOA for N-400

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

We moved to an apartment in June in the same city where were have been living for 4 years and completed an AR-11 for my wife with the new address. I filed the N-400 for her July 27 and our check was was cashed August 3. As of yesterday we have still not received a NOA. I called USCIS customer service yesterday and was told it had been sent and that my wife's Biometrics was August 25 and we had missed it. The agent said that we must not be receiving mail at our apartment under my wife's name and that a new appointment would have to be set up and sent to us. I was given the N-400 receipt number by the agent but the online USCIS case status service says the receipt number I was given is not valid. Swell, Can I make an InforPass for Biometrics now? Will I need a valid Receipt number when I go for the InfoPass or is our A number adequate?

I am worried that since we are not receiving mail for my wife this next appointment letter will not be delivered either.

Edited by miker32us

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline

We moved to an apartment in June in the same city where were have been living for 4 years and completed an AR-11 for my wife with the new address. I filed the N-400 for her July 27 and our check was was cashed August 3. As of yesterday we have still not received a NOA. I called USCIS customer service yesterday and was told it had been sent and that my wife's Biometrics was August 25 and we had missed it. The agent said that we must not be receiving mail at our apartment under my wife's name and that a new appointment would have to be set up and sent to us. I was given the N-400 receipt number by the agent but the online USCIS case status service says the receipt number I was given is not valid. Swell, Can I make an InforPass for Biometrics now? Will I need a valid Receipt number when I go for the InfoPass or is our A number adequate?

I am worried that since we are not receiving mail for my wife this next appointment letter will not be delivered either.

Also for those of you who have filed through the Lewisville, Texas location did your receipt number start with WTC or TSC?

Edited by miker32us

I-130...CR-1

Lifting Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

We just spoke to USCIS and were given the correct receipt number. I enter it online and see

On August 11, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is this just telling us they need biometrics completed?

I-130...CR-1

Lifting Conditions

Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For N-400 the RFE is the Biometrics appointment.

We just spoke to USCIS and were given the correct receipt number. I enter it online and see

On August 11, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Is this just telling us they need biometrics completed?

05/06/09 - Mailed I-751

05/15/09 - Check cashed by VSC

05/18/09 - Received I-751 Receipt Notice

05/30/09 - Received Biometric appointment for 06/08 (dated 05/22)

06/08/09 - Completed biometrics. Still unable to access case status online. Now the real wait begins!

06/09/09 - Finally case status showed up online!. Touched today

09/21/09 - Approved (Letter from USCIS Vermont, dated 09/16/09)

09/23/09 - Card production ordered

09/30/09 - Card received!. USCIS done until citizenship!

05/21/10 - Mailed N-400

05/24/10 - N-400 received at Dallas, TX Lockbox

06/01/10 - Check cashed

06/04/10 - Received N-400 receipt notice (NOA dated 05/27)

06/29/10 - Placed service request for not receiving biometrics. Transferred to immigration officer, who confirmed that the Biometrics

letter has been generated and I would be receiving it shortly.

07/01/10 - Email and SMS case update stating that the Biometrics letter has been sent on June 29'th 2010.

07/06/10 - Received Biometric appointment for 07/23 (dated 06/30)- DONE

08/02/10 - Received yellow letter reminding me to bring my state ID (dated 07/28)

08/05/10 - Case touched. Email and SMS case update stating that the case has been transferred to the local office for interview.

08/06/10 - Case touched

08/06/10 - Received interview appointment for 09/10 at 9:20AM in Philadelphia, PA

08/07/10 - Case touched

08/10/10 - Case touched

09/10/10 - Interview completed and recommended for approval

09/17/10 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sep 29!.

09/29/10 - Oath completed. US citizen as of today. Journey complete!.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sounds like the source of your problem is the USPS, did you fill out a forwarding address card? Even at that, depending upon where you live, they many just ignore it. But sounds like you are doing everything right to correct it.

Should start a rule book, rule #2 is to never move while you have an application pending, will leave it up to "saywhat", for rule #1.

While we may send our applications with return receipt, pay extra for overnight, etc., just get a first class letter from the USCIS or the DOS, with some very important documents on the inside. Even got in the habit of opening all my junk mail while an application is pending, that could be rule #3.

Timeline

Sounds like the source of your problem is the USPS, did you fill out a forwarding address card? Even at that, depending upon where you live, they many just ignore it. But sounds like you are doing everything right to correct it.

Should start a rule book, rule #2 is to never move while you have an application pending, will leave it up to "saywhat", for rule #1.

While we may send our applications with return receipt, pay extra for overnight, etc., just get a first class letter from the USCIS or the DOS, with some very important documents on the inside. Even got in the habit of opening all my junk mail while an application is pending, that could be rule #3.

We did not move while we had an application pending. We moved in early June and filed the N-400 July 28. I have already spoken to USPS numerous times. I made an InfoPass for next week and hope the fingerprining can be done at that time.

I-130...CR-1

Lifting Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

We did not move while we had an application pending. We moved in early June and filed the N-400 July 28. I have already spoken to USPS numerous times. I made an InfoPass for next week and hope the fingerprining can be done at that time.

Guess the USCIS screwed up then, not that they are noted for that, but never their fault. For marriage, how many applications do you have to send? Three, the AOS, the I-751, and the N-400, they misplaced our applications twice, but I guess batting a 333 is pretty good by some standards.

Timeline

After talking to USCIS and getting several different explanations we decided to do an Info Pass. We arrived yesterday at 2 PM. We explained we had never received our appointment letter. Their office was very understanding. They even gave us a copy of the appointment notice for 8/25 we never received. My wife got her fingerprints completed and picture taken within a few minutes and we were finished!!!

As we were leaving the doors to the adjacent hall where the citizenship oath is administered were opened and dozens of new citizens streamed out.

I-130...CR-1

Lifting Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline

After talking to USCIS and getting several different explanations we decided to do an Info Pass. We arrived yesterday at 2 PM. We explained we had never received our appointment letter. Their office was very understanding. They even gave us a copy of the appointment notice for 8/25 we never received. My wife got her fingerprints completed and picture taken within a few minutes and we were finished!!!

As we were leaving the doors to the adjacent hall where the citizenship oath is administered were opened and dozens of new citizens streamed out.

With your experience, wouldn't mind having he option of paying 15 bucks more with confirmed overnight delivery. On other boards, while I feel we have a decent post office, our post master general even came in early to trace down a envelop for me I was desperate to receive. Many complain of very poor postal services in other parts of the country. Well, kind of another governmental agency.

Wife from Venezuela really enjoys receiving mail, tells me 80% of their mail is lost down there, and living in an apartment complex with all those mail boxes in a foyer, if she thought she received something, would find her box broken into. So she even wants to see all of her junk mail and got a bit angry at me when I said I was pitching it. Even postcards from DirectTV we receive practically daily? You know we can't have DirectTV unless we cut down all of our trees first. But I just put that in her stack now. But was sure opening all of our junk mail when waiting for a reply from the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.