Obama 2012

Would You Support The Mosque More If This Nutbar Imam Weren't Running the Show?

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Four posts derailing the topic and introducing offensive stereotypes and posts quoting same have been removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You can let this BS artist have his way with you but I choose not too. This was more than him just pointing out a time line of historical events and if you dont think he partially blames America for 9/11 then you are being very naive.

As far as Hamas, he doesnt want to condemn them because of the support for Hamas that exists is in the middle east due to the hatred for Israel. He claims it for peace keeping reasons. How do you keep peace when you wont condemn this nonsense. Hes a coward for not admitting that Hamas is nothing more than a bunch of thugs that resort to violence for results and brain wash children to kill innocent people. Like I said Imam is a coward.

Is this another Simpson misinterpreting what's actually being written? Hopefully not.

Hamas is what it is- a terror group that does terrorist things as a means to an end. Maybe your hangup (rightly so, perhaps, as I also feel animosity towards those cowards) with them is methodological versus the ideological which is what the Imam is talking about? That's why I continually dissociate one from the other, and so could you without harming OUR feelings towards those punks.

So what if he said that we didnt deserve it, thats a no brainer. What should he give him a pat on the back for stating that. :wacko: The fact that he pretends that we are partially to blame for 9/11 is what I took issue with.

I read your post on Northern Ireland. It adds or takes nothing away from my point.

Then you're taking issue with reality. Like it or not, just like cause and effect exists, there is also another concept you're skirting here: action and reaction.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Is this another Simpson misinterpreting what's actually being written? Hopefully not.

No Simpson is not. Is Hal seeing only what Hal wants to see?

Hamas is what it is- a terror group that does terrorist things as a means to an end. Maybe your hangup (rightly so, perhaps, as I also feel animosity towards those cowards) with them is methodological versus the ideological which is what the Imam is talking about? That's why I continually dissociate one from the other, and so could you without harming OUR feelings towards those punks.

I disagree, if he is leader he claims to be he would condemn Hamas.

Then you're taking issue with reality. Like it or not, just like cause and effect exists, there is also another concept you're skirting here: action and reaction.

I get the cause and effect. We did somethings in the middle east that made irrational thinking men do irrational things. This in no way makes us a accessory to the crime. Your kidding yourself if you dont think he partly blames the US because of our policies in the middle east.

Timeline

No Simpson is not. Is Hal seeing only what Hal wants to see?

I disagree, if he is leader he claims to be he would condemn Hamas.

I get the cause and effect. We did somethings in the middle east that made irrational thinking men do irrational things. This in no way makes us a accessory to the crime. Your kidding yourself if you dont think he partly blames the US because of our policies in the middle east.

5 days ago... Simpson.. give it a rest. If you're having problems reading things correctly, try reading them again, particularly where question signs are placed and where contextual clues are written.

I wonder what the next issue, irrational or not, will be that will be 'used' to attack the building of this Center. :lol:

5 days ago... Simpson.. give it a rest. If you're having problems reading things correctly, try reading them again, particularly where question signs are placed and where contextual clues are written.

Actually I was doing the right thing. I havent been here for a few days and I was getting back to a comment you had directed towards me. Most people would be grateful. ;)

I wonder what the next issue, irrational or not, will be that will be 'used' to attack the building of this Center. :lol:

Spin it how you will Hal but there is just no valid argument for the US being a accessory to the crime. Your naive to believe he doesnt partly blame America.

Timeline

Actually I was doing the right thing. I havent been here for a few days and I was getting back to a comment you had directed towards me. Most people would be grateful. ;)

Spin it how you will Hal but there is just no valid argument for the US being a accessory to the crime. Your naive to believe he doesnt partly blame America.

:lol:

Yes, I was also gone for a few days. We should thank each other then.

Drama much?

I am not blaming the US, and if you paid attention to the miscontextualized words that exist, you, in a more rational mind, would also notice that accessory does not equal blame all of the time.

:lol:

Yes, I was also gone for a few days. We should thank each other then.

Drama much?

What? You mentioned 5 days, well I havent been here for awhile and I was just getting back to where we left off. Drama :no: Common courtesy :yes:

I am not blaming the US, and if you paid attention to the miscontextualized words that exist, you, in a more rational mind, would also notice that accessory does not equal blame all of the time.

I didnt say you were Hal, focus. I am talking about Imam's statement. I know what doing, your trying to say he meant something other than what he said and I call BS on that line of reasoning. Because if it was as innocent as that then why even mention it. Do we need to talk about the man who sold the shoe bomber his shoes?

Timeline

Simpson, its no major leap of logic to notice your hyperbole post after post. Sometimes that's borne out of not reading things carefully.

Simpson, its no major leap of logic to notice your hyperbole post after post. Sometimes that's borne out of not reading things carefully.

No no no, I get your line of reasoning. Its just that Im not buying it. Imam was doing more than saying if we had not helped Obama then maybe 9/11 wouldnt have happened and that we should be careful of who we aid. The mans not happy with our foreign policies and partly blames the US.

Timeline

No no no, I get your line of reasoning. Its just that Im not buying it. Imam was doing more than saying if we had not helped Obama then maybe 9/11 wouldnt have happened and that we should be careful of who we aid. The mans not happy with our foreign policies and partly blames the US.

You claim this is my line of reasoning:

I know what doing, your trying to say he meant something other than what he said and I call BS on that line of reasoning. Because if it was as innocent as that then why even mention it.

When you can't understand exactly what it is he said (or wont, I'll leave that up to you)... can you judge someone else's perspective?

My reasoning (just to spell it out for you):

Imam is not proven to be an extremist based on his comments stating that 'when you play out a certain foreign policy in a certain part of the world, you have to consider that if extremists from that part of the world target you, then you have some cause in that effect.'

Blame is a bit strong, and it implies something wrong was done to begin with... and before you misread this, no, I am not claiming the US has done anything wrong in the Middle East, although our foreign policy history there is far from a shiny example of being favorable to the Muslim world.