J Y J

Hola I'm mexican any advice for my interview at consulado de ciudad juarez?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hola a todos!

I am waiting for the pack 4 to make the appointment for my interview at the Consulate in Ciudad Juarez Mexico any advice?

Thank you! Gracias!

Do you mean packet 3? If so, you can get a head start by going here http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html and downloading the instructions and forms, filling them out and gathering the required info.

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent: 2010-01-08

I-129F NOA1: 2010-01-11

I-129F NOA2: 2010-03-17

NVC Received: 2010-03-24

Consulate Received: 2010-04-02

Open Appointment Letter Sent: 2010-04-47

Open Appointment Letter Rcvd: 2010-05-21

Medical Exam Date: 2010-06-15

Interview Date: 2010-06-16

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received: 2010-06-17

POE ATL: 2010-09-05

Married!: 2010-10-30

AOS package received: 2010-11-30

Biometrics: 2011-01-13

AOS transferred to CSC: 2011-01-18

EAD card production ordered: 2011-02-09

AP Approved: 2011-02-09

AP Letter Received: 2011-02-12

Green card production ordered: 2011-02-16

Green Card Received!: 2011-02-22

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do you mean packet 3? If so, you can get a head start by going here http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html and downloading the instructions and forms, filling them out and gathering the required info.

Hi. thanks a lot!

I will going directly to the consulate on 13 september to get my visa appointment letter cause my fiance is leaving to Houston on octuber and we want to leave together, we dont want to wait longer. We have al documents ready, we hire a lawyer but has not been to much helpfull cause we still having a lot of doubs, she told us that we need to notarize the letter of intent of marry but we never heard heard in VJ nothing about it. Is that normal?

Did you notarized your letter too?

Nuevamente muchas gracias por sus consejos!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Even if you are from Mexico, you still are not completely ready for this type of process. It is a cross of Amercan busisness and Mexican corruption. I am not trying to sound negative, but as a resident of Mexico you certainly have your own stories from living there.

My wife and I found the entire process quite simple and yet at every turn we found more information seemingly contrario.

First, and most importantly, K-1 Visa holders do not need an appointment.

I think this response will just go faster if I just give you a list of Do's and Don'ts:

While staying in your hotel or Casa De Huespedes, trust no one. Never leave your Visa documents in the room while you are out eating, etc... There are some hotels that I am sure that are trustworthy from the front desk and up, but room attendents know why you are there, and simply cannot be trusted.

Do not trust anyone while waiting in the line outside the consulate. Do not allow any papers or documents out of your possession until you are actually inside the building doing your interview. There are people dressed in similar uniforms as the consulate workers who are stealing from gullible, desperate people.

Do not bring cell phones, medications, nail clippers, and frankly nothing more than your documents and money. It seems easier to say it this way, than to make you think that what you will have in your pocket. Don't forget your identification.

Be sure you pay for the actual Visa. There is a bank at the mall accross the street.

Bring something to drink while waiting outside, throw it away before you enter the consulate.

Make sure you give yourselves at least 3 days, while waiting for the Medical screening results. DO NOT OPEN ANY PACKETS. DID I SAY THAT CLEARLY ENOUGH? THIS INCLUDES WHEN YOU GET YOUR DHL PACKET AFTER YOU ARE APPROVED, TO TAKE TO THE BOARDER CROSSING POINT OF ENTRY!

Make sure that you have copies of everything, and never let anyone copy your documents. You do all the copying.

Don't worry too much about the interview. Although their job is to weed out the fakes. Relax, do your best.

Also, you will visit a window inside. This person will make sure that you have all the necessary documents in order for them to interview you.

My wife is telling me more things than I can write down. Don't forget your etiquette. Never forget to tip the people that help you, and never assume that the tip you leave will get to the person that is intended. Give it to them personally.

Before the interview, both of you go over the requirements at your hotel room. Do not assume anything. All Spanish is translated into English.

Bring enough money. Do not carry more cash that is needed. Save all your receipts. Don't trust all taxi services. Check for identification. Trust your instincts. If anything seems too good to be true, be careful. There are no shortcuts in this process. There are rules.

There certainly is more that we can say, and frankly, if we could be there to hold your hand, we would. Good Luck to you both.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.