tei

What's should I do next, (NOA2) approved.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey all,

There is a lot of confusion in what comes next so, I have a few questions that I hope some of you have answers to.

1. What AOS form should I use, and what AOS form should my Parents (co-sponsors) use? I am living in Romania with my Fiance and therefore I do not have a job, so I have to file using my parents as co-sponsors. I just don't know which form I should use and/or my parents should use, I-134, I-864, or I-864A.

2. For the AOS, how much income and assets will be adequate? There will be 5 people living in the household My Parents (co-sponsors), me (sponsor), and my Fiance and her son (2 beneficiaries). I know there is a 5 x rule, but I don't know what amount to multiply it by (eg. $15,000 or $20,000).

3. Will the NVC require us to send them any information/documents?

4. Will we need to send the Romanian embassy any information/documents before we go to the interview?

5. I know there must be a background check and a medical checkup completed for my Fiance. When should she start working on this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. As I am sure you can all understand, I want to make sure that I have everything organized and ready as soon as they are requested to speed the process along.

Thanks much, j and E

Living in NE Romania with Fiance and her Son.

3-27-2006 I-129F Sent : to Nebraska Service Center

4-12-2006 I-129F NOA1 :

6-1-2006 Touched sort of...... sent to CSC (California Service Center) like many others

6-14-2006 CSC emailed me a notice of receipt of my 129f (transfered from NSC)

6-17-2006 Touched

7-3-2006 IMBRA RFE received at home

7-5-2006 Mailed IMBRA RFE back, Also my file was touched for the first time since 6-17

7-13-2006 Received email that IMBRA RFE was received by CSC

7-14-2006 Touched

8-10-2006 I-129F NOA2 APPROVED !!! (no touches before approval, as many have spoke of)

9-08-2006 NVC case approved:

: I started calling the NVC automated line about 2 weeks after NOA2. They never had any information for me or acknoledged that they received our case, so I sent an email to the NVC on 9-01-2006. On 9-08-2006 I received a reply to that email saying that our case was processed and forwarded to the US Embassy (Romania) on 8-31-2006. They also included the case number in the reply to my email inquiry. I guess I would have not been notified by the NVC..... very strange.

9-6-2006 Romanian Embassy received our K1 paperwork.

9-11-2006 Received packet 3 in the mail

10-11-2006 Set appointment for interview by calling the Romanian Embassy !!! ONLY SET AN APPOINTMENT AFTER HAVE ALL DOCMUMENTS ARE COMPLETE !!!

10-18-06 Visa interview - Visa granted :)

11-7-06 Welcome to America

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I was wondering which form I will need for my fiancee's financial sponser, too. Does anybody know? Is it different for different countries?

Regarding question 4, Tei, your fiance will get an instruction packet in the mail. It varies per case, but it should include something like the following.

DS-2001 (or OF-169 or UK/85) -- This is your main set of instructions. It is also a checklist of items required for the interview.

OF-167 -- information sheet about financial responsibility. You may also receive an I-134 Affidavit of Support form.

DS-230 or OF-230 Part 1 -- biographical data sheet.

DS-156 -- Nonimmigrant visa application form

DS-156K -- Nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa application

DS-157 -- Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all males between ages of 16 and 45)

You may, at this time, receive medical exam information, and a list of required immunizations.

DSL-1083 -- An information sheet about police certificates, military records and more.

After you get this packet, you will have to submit DS-230, which is basic bibliographical info, and then the DS-2001 checklist, which is just a checklist of documents your fiance needs to gather. You won't have to submit any of the documents besides those two before your interview.

Regarding question 5, the medical exam will be just about the last thing you do. In fact, some embassies require you to do the medical exam and interview on the same day. You can prepare a little bit by checking what immunization shots your fiance has had.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2006/03/05 - engagement

2006/04/06 - sent I-129F to NSC from Japan

2006/04/24 - NOA1

2006/06/14 - application forwarded to CSC

2006/06/23 - RFE "sent" by CSC

2006/07/02 - RFE received in mail

2006/07/23 - "RFE received" confirmation from CSC

2006/08/25 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Congrats are in order!!!! so, Congrats!!!!

Edited by AndyMisiu

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: Timeline

tei,

I-134

Yodrak

Hey all,

There is a lot of confusion in what comes next so, I have a few questions that I hope some of you have answers to.

1. What AOS form should I use, and what AOS form should my Parents (co-sponsors) use? I am living in Romania with my Fiance and therefore I do not have a job, so I have to file using my parents as co-sponsors. I just don't know which form I should use and/or my parents should use, I-134, I-864, or I-864A.

2. For the AOS, how much income and assets will be adequate? There will be 5 people living in the household My Parents (co-sponsors), me (sponsor), and my Fiance and her son (2 beneficiaries). I know there is a 5 x rule, but I don't know what amount to multiply it by (eg. $15,000 or $20,000).

3. Will the NVC require us to send them any information/documents?

4. Will we need to send the Romanian embassy any information/documents before we go to the interview?

5. I know there must be a background check and a medical checkup completed for my Fiance. When should she start working on this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. As I am sure you can all understand, I want to make sure that I have everything organized and ready as soon as they are requested to speed the process along.

Thanks much, j and E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.