aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I hated having a connecting flight throught LAX with 3 hours it should be enough. But the poster abover is right. Long lines and disinterested staff will drive you batty after being on a plane for 14 hours. I told my fiance to make sure he has plenty of time between his connecting flight once arriving in LAX. I didn't and I missed my flight. :angry: But the time I got to the gate after running it was taking off. :angry:

Good luck on your trip Hampster. I can't wait till I have an actual date till I see my sweetheart. It will be a year 5/7/07 :cry::clock:

Thanks Tiff + Kev :thumbs:

It won't be long before you both are reunited :luv:(F)

Cheers

Paul

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all Aussies both here and obviously not here :lol::unsure::whistle:

This is a link to a great site for Old Australian Food Recipes :dance:

http://www.oldaussierecipes.com/myaussiememories.htm

It brought back a lot of memories from growing up here :whistle::unsure: ,

In Adelaide in the 60's 70's 80's 90's and 00's.

Hope it jogs some memories out there :lol::yes:;)

Enjoy

Paul

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi Patricia! Nice to see another K-1er!

Where abouts in Australia are you based and where will you be living you get to the US?

I'm at the 'waiting for my interview in Sydney' stage of the process.

Hi Jess!

I'm based in Adelaide & will be moving to Columbia, Missouri (Zach will be attending MU). How about you? (Sorry if you've already answered this question, I'm still catching up on old posts).

Thanks to both you & Paul for all the resources. Zach has been very helpful and putting everything together. All I've done so far is fill out my Biographical Information form & trying to search for my original birth certificate (I was born in the Philippines & was adopted at the age of 10 so I essentially have 2 BC's). The woman helping us out said to find it "just in case" - I didn't think it was possible to lose one's BC, but apparently one could!

I'm taking advantage of the ANZAC Day public holiday to sort my stuff out and I'm aiming to get things sent off by Thursday. Wish me luck! Though it shouldn't be too hard since the only thing I really need to send to Zach is my Bio Form and photos.

Now, I do have a question...when I get everything "notarized", I just need a Justice of the Peace, right? Please say "Yes" :D

Okay, off to get some Zzzzzzzzzzzz's for tomorrow is yet another day to discuss visa stuff (lately, it's all Zach & I chat about). I can't wait for him to come back to Australia in June - then we can go through this together, in the same country, in the same time zone, in the same room!

Thanks for all your help again, much appreciated!

Patricia

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:K-1 VISA INTERVIEW DATE ISSUED!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Guys, this was lightning fast!

-I sent off my letter on Thursday 19th of April

-They sent my letter Friday 20th of April

-I received the letter today, 24th of April

-Interview date 4th of MAY! I can't believe it, my interview is next Friday!

I'm just a little excited... excited and afraid. It was a lot quicker than expected, I thought I'd receive notification after a month or so, and then the interview a few weeks after that. Nope, visa process always surprising. :D

Yippeee!

EDIT: I have to say, my baby is ASLEEP! I want so badly to call him up so we can jump up and down in excitement together. LOL, I'm a silly person. :whistle:

Edited by jezz85

whooo hoo jess fantastic

ohh wake him up its important lol im sure he wont mind lol

so ya ready for it jess...

ok you lot who else is waiting for their interview notices

seren have you heard anything yet...

moonie...rings where you at in the journey...

so rapt for you jess ...

good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline
whooo hoo jess fantastic

so rapt for you jess ...

good luck

kath

Thanks Kath! I'm still so excited!

I'm dying to wake him up but I won't cos I only said goodnight on the phone to him less than 3 hours ago, and he's a tough Navy man who has to wake up long before the sun rises. My baby needs his beauty sleep LOL. I will SMS him later so he can find out before he goes to work though :D:dance:

I reckon I'm ready for it Kath, almost. I've still got to make final touches and I have to receive his notorized tax still, but that was put in the mail last week and I'm expecting it any day now.

I had a card to post this afternoon so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and pay the $130 and get my 3kg express post sachel at the same time so... thats done!

Yipeee!

Timeline

A little joke...

Is it just me, or is the US consulate kind of like the soup nazi from seinfeld... think about it... You have to have everything prepared in exactly the correct order, laid out correctly, no folders or plastic sleeves... you approach when called on, you hand it over and wait for further instructions...

If its done wrong, or you follow the procedure incorrectly.... NO VISA FOR YOU!

;) I know its not really like that, but it kind of amuses me anyway to think of it like that. ;)

thats great ya nearly ready and i hope ya get the info you need in time mate ...

and good on ya for doing the receipt and package...

ya know what i didnt like about the interview..

we had to travel up to sydney ...ours was on the friday..we stayed the weekend

i still had packing to do so it wasted 5 days of packing time for a 5 minute interview which took an hour an half to get...

i just wish they would look at what people have to do to get visa's and not make them travel interstate for them...

ok vent over. lol

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

:dance::dance::dance:K-1 VISA INTERVIEW DATE ISSUED!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Guys, this was lightning fast!

-I sent off my letter on Thursday 19th of April

-They sent my letter Friday 20th of April

-I received the letter today, 24th of April

-Interview date 4th of MAY! I can't believe it, my interview is next Friday!

I'm just a little excited... excited and afraid. It was a lot quicker than expected, I thought I'd receive notification after a month or so, and then the interview a few weeks after that. Nope, visa process always surprising. :D

Yippeee!

EDIT: I have to say, my baby is ASLEEP! I want so badly to call him up so we can jump up and down in excitement together. LOL, I'm a silly person. :whistle:

:dance::dance::dance: Congratulations Jess on your Interview Date :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I fly into Sydney on Monday 7th May

lol and then fly out of Australia Wednesday 9th May,

and will be reunited with Cheryl :luv: on Thursday 10th May,

when I fly into Providence Rhode Island 9.17am.

Good Luck Jess and remember to smile @ ya interview.

You will do just great Jess.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by hampster

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven't worked out how to do my time line yet, but I am from Australia, arrived in the USA in february, married in march and am now getting together my things for the AOS. It's scary to me because I hope to have everything, there were things I thought I didn't need to keep so i'm stressing a little. It's good to find the aussie forum here for when I get home sick.

Married............................................................03/10/07

Filed AOS for me and daughter...........................05/18/07

Checks cashed... ..............................................05/25/07

Received NOA1 on... .........................................06/01/07

Biometrics appointment scheduled for..................06/18/07

Touched for EAD on ...........................................06/11/07

Attended Biometrics on... ....................................06/18/07

Touched for EAD, and I-485 on ............................06/19/07

Touched for EAD and AOS on...............................06/20/07

Case transfered to California Service Center on ....06/26/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/09/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/10/07

EAD Card production ordered...............................08/01/07

EAD Approval notice sent.....................................08/07/07

EAD Card arrived in the mail.................................08/13/07

Touched for AOS.................................................09/11/2007

Contacted local Congressman...............................02/21/2008

Touched..............................................................03/06/2008

Touched..............................................................03/07/2008

Received my permanent resident card...................march 2008

letter mailed requesting more information for my daughter......04/15/08

Checks were cashed October 17th 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Welcome Winterr....

CONGRATS JESS!! I am so glad it was fast! The interview will be a piece of cake! You'll be back together in No time!

HAPPY ANZAC DAY EVERYONE...I guess it's tomorrow technically...

Stewart has decided to make Anzac biscuits tonight...I'm a bit worried :) But I'll help him.

HOOOORAY!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Kath! Thanks Paul!

I SMS'd Tony and he's so excited :D It doesn't change the time I'm leaving Australia but it does mean a whole lot of stress will be over and I can book my flight with total confidence etc etc. *fingers crossed* Only 10 more sleeps.

Having to come to Sydney is such an added hurdle for you non-Sydney people, it really sucks and I can't believe you have to do it! :( I live an hour (2 hours by public transport) north of the city... I promise I won't complain about the commute into the city guys :D Still, I guess they figure if you're willing to move to the other side of the planet, then whats the big deal about travelling interstate? :D Oh well, I'll be cheeky and say to you guys that Sydney is the greatest city in Australia and I hope you guys make/made time to enjoy it :P hahaha sorry, I know, I can't resist thought ;)

Hi Winterr, nice to see ya :) I hope you figure out your NOA2 troubles soon.

Timeline

Thanks to you too CarolineM :)

I see you're from Jacksonville Florida, I spent a few weeks there visiting my darling fiancee at the beginning of last year. I loved it :) Tony was at the NAS for 6 months of school.

Timeline
whooo hoo jess fantastic

so rapt for you jess ...

good luck

kath

No we haven't heard anything. We only just sent our checklist off probably last week. I emailed the consulate and asked if they received our paperwork but haven't received the checklist. But once the checklist comes in, we will get an interview within a month's time.

I'm not too worried about the visa at the moment(Oh my! I bet I'm the only one not worried about it! haha) The end of my semester is almost here and I've had sooooooooo much work/projects/examinations to worry about, I just don't have enough worry in me to worry about the visa as well. I've been staying up till 4am to do schoolwork! Insane, I tell ya.

How have you been?

How's the husband? :)

Edited by serendipitous

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.