aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Departing Sydney Airport 11.40am Wednesday May 9th.

Arriving Taipei /Chiang Kai Shek China 19.10pm same day

depart above 22.50pm same day

Arriving LAX Airport 19.35pm Wednesday May 9th.

Working on a priceline.com flight from lax - Boston

Cheers

Paul

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I went to Mac for like a semester but I didnt like my degree so I switched and went to Western Sydney. Eric and I have been doing this long distance thing since 2001...so yeah its been a long time coming! But I cant wait to move!!

About the drivers licence -- I think all you have to do is do the written test, eye test and the driving test, which from what I told is -- is in a parking lot. Im not actually in MD yet -- looking to fly out late June. Hubby is visiting next month tho :) Oh and lol I dont have my licence in Oz either...soooo driving for me is a toughie! Its probably the only thing I really am petrified of with moving there. Cuz MD public trans. aint the greatest - so I have no choice but to drive!

I'll send ya a couple of links with the driving...just got to find it.

So after you get married, you will be flying back in Syd? Or are you deferring your graduation? Will you guys be living together in base?

How exciting! Completing your degree and very soon after being with ur future to be hubby!

Hey I don't mind 20 questions at all :) I'm in my last semester at Macquarie, doing a social science degree. Tony and I have been an item for two years, we met in May of 2005 on a train going to Epping station of all places... hahaha. We got to chatting and I invited him to meet me at Epping Club later in the week and things sort of went from there.

I'm looking seriously at dates around July 10-16. Uni finishes 29th of June and then after that I've allowed a couple of weeks to tie up all the loose ends and spend time with my mum. Mum is on school holidays then so its good timing. So, if I hit LA for a week, I'll be in MD by the end of July and married around the same time :) So excited! Its nice to know that there are plenty of other aussies rambling about MD.

Jess

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Paul: I'm so excited for you! :dancing: Who are you flying with? I reckon that Air New Zealand is awesome and I was planning to fly with them when I go back to the US. Only have to go through Auckland which is no big deal. Only adds 3 or 4 hours onto the trip. Congrats!

Elle: Ooops! I thought you were in MD already! :blush:

wow, since 2001 hey? I'd be going crazy! Tony and I are getting really sick of being apart.

I'm not deferring graduation exactly, I'm just not attending the ceremony. I'll be making arrangements for them to send my certificate to me in the US.

How did you guys meet? Did he live here for a while or have you guys been going back and forth? Are you still studying and finishing your degree this semester also? that'd explain flying out late June without a doubt. My Tony visited over Christmas and New Years... was really nice introducing him to my whole family... they really love him too. :) And of course, he popped the question too :thumbs:

Since you don't have a licence here in OZ you never know, might be easier learning in the US :D Although, didn't take me too long to adjust when I was over there last. Driving was lots of fun. Actually, coming back here I had to remind myself I was back on the left hand side!

If you find some info that'd be awesome if you post it, but don't sweat it, just thought you might already know. :)

Jess

Jess,

" Paul: I'm so excited for you! :dancing:

Who are you flying with?

I reckon that Air New Zealand is awesome

and I was planning to fly with them when I go back to the US.

Only have to go through Auckland which is no big deal.

Only adds 3 or 4 hours onto the trip. Congrats!"

Hi Jess,

I am flying with China Airlines,

cheapest fare I could find, on such short notice.

Air New Zealand was about $500.00 dearer,

and I am trying to conserve as much $$$ as I can till,

I get work over in Massachusetts.

Regarding Driving / Riding in the U.S.A.

Even with my 27 years of Riding HARLEYS,

Both here and in the U.S.A... (on a International Driving Permit)

and been driving cars for just over 5 years.

I have both full licences I still have to sit both Written and Road Tests.

Now for all the Aussies both here in Oz and Overseas,

Next Wednesday 25th April is ANZAC DAY.

I have got the original Recipe for Anzac Bisuits for anyone that needs it.

ANZAC Day - 25 April -

marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as ANZACs,

and the pride they soon took in that name endures to this day. Australians recognise 25 April as an occasion of national commemoration.

here's a traditional recipe you can try:

Easy ANZAC Biscuits

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup plain flour

1 cup sugar

3/4 (three-quarters) cup coconut

125g (4 oz) butter

2 tablespoons golden syrup

½ (half) teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

1 tablespoon boiling water

Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut.

Combine butter and golden syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted.

Mix soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture, stir into dry ingredients.

Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased oven trays; allow room for spreading.

Cook in slow oven (150°C or 300°F) for 20 minutes.

Loosen while still warm, then cool on trays.

Makes about 35.

LEST WE FORGET :thumbs:

Cheers

Paul

IM SO EXCITED!!!! Two people from or going to Baltimore??? **waves** to jezz and mugz

HEY!!! I'll be moving to Baltimore County!!!

jezz - Not sure where Pax River is...but I'm just glad there are aussies in Bmore heeheehee..edit: which part of Sydney you from??

mugz - which part of Bmore you from?

Paul - congrats on selling the car!

Kath - thanks for the info re: customs! I will read it very shortly!

Becuz im a dork...

GO RAVENS!

Hey that is exciting! :D *waves back*

Okay, the city is Lexington Park in St. Marys County, I'll give you directions... start in Baltimore, follow the Chesapeake river south... no, keep going... keep going....still not there yet.... okay, that little river is the Paxuent river... swim across and you're there! (watch out for navy folk though;) ).

If you keep going south you're swimming again, and then you're in VA... and you've gone too far :D

I'll be flying into Baltimore but I'm starting off in LA, Tonys family live in LA and they're looking forward to meeting me so I'll be there for about a week to get aquainted before I move into my new home in MD.

*waves again to all the MD people*

Jess

Hey folks!

So nice to hear that y'all are coming to the Baltimore area. Welcome! Jess, those were some nice directions you had for everyone - LOL.

I am actually in the suburbs of Baltimore, Harford county to be particular and about 25 miles north of Baltimore city.

Glad to know we have a few things in common. If there is anything I can help you with as far as the Baltimore metro area is concerned, please feel free to contact me.

My fiancee is in Perth - anyone of you from that area? We are gearing up for the interview so lets hope all goes well and she can come join me ASAP.

Catch you all later. Take care

Muqeem

I-129F Timeline

November 19, 2005 - The beginning, when we met

November 18, 2006 - Met in London, UK

November 22, 2006 - Engaged on the London Eye

November 26, 2006 - Engagement Party in London

March 5, 2007 - Mailed I-129F packet

March 7, 2007 - Received by VSC

March 8, 2007 - NOA1 issued

March 14, 2007 - Received NOA1 by snail mail

March 14, 2007 - Touched

March 22, 2007 - Touched

March 22, 2007 - NOA2 issued

March 23, 2007 - Touched

March 28, 2007 - Received NOA2 by snail mail

March 27, 2007 - Application received by NVC

March 28, 2007 - Application forwarded to Consulate in Sydney, Australia

March 31, 2007 - Received letter of receipt from NVC

April 2, 2007 - Consulate receives application

April 10, 2007 - Fiancee receives Packet 3

April 14, 2007 - Mailed I-134 and necessary documentation to fiancee

April 16, 2007 - Fiancee mails DS-230 to consulate

April 18, 2007 - Fiancee medical appointment

April 24, 2007 - Receive Medical report

May 04, 2007 - Send Checklist to consulate

May 22, 2007 - Receive Packet 4

June 08, 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

JUNE 8th 2007 - VISA APPROVED

October 20, 2007 - Fiancee arrives to the USA

October 23, 2007 - Got married at the local court house

AOS Timeline

hey Kath hows it going i did reply to you last time you saw me but i dont think you read it hope all is well

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Oh, by the by, I have a question for the MD people only... Elle, I reckon you could help me out with this one...

What steps do I take to get a drivers licence for MD? How easy was it for you?

hi jezz

Glad you could find the receipt for the K1 payment for the interview..

although im not a MD resident .. i seem to be getting use to the DMV website..below is a link to what you need as identifcation to ge a learners permit

acceptable identifcation for learners in MD

MD - DMV WEBSITE

hi aussie angel

i went scrolling and found it mate ..sorry about that..you still hobbling around..i do hope it heals quickly been ages since you did that to yourself...weather is getting nicer here suns is shining going to go for a walk and get some rays this arvo before it goes down lol...did ya hear kaffy kat got her GC finally and StellaR got hersin Dec..i rang stella yesterday to see how she was going ...

Great to hear that a group of aussie going to baltimore will have some aussie company..ya all have to get together for an aussie Barbieeeeeeeeee ...ya lucky ducks...i miss the aussie contact immensley...

hey muqeem Tamzo is from perth and just got her visa...cant remember where she is going to ...sorry you might have to ask her lol....if ya dont mind me asking what nationality is your name its an unusual name...glad you found us and you can tell your fiance that she will have some aussie near by too..

hi hammy

good to hear you got a flight out...have you flown with china before...i did that on my second trip.. the seats are a snug fit..the stewardess' couldnt understand me..luckily i had an aussie/asian next to me and he translated for me.. i think it had alot to do with me not talking up cos i speak very softly at times...and a hint too dont eat too much rice on the place .. their meals are alot of rice...and i didnt even think of it but damm did i feel so bloated and uncomfortable for ages..so on the way home i didnt eat that much i ate my munchies i bought at the airport..

now when you get to tapai how long do you have till your next flight...i had about 2 hours arrived early hours of the morning...nothing open nothing to eat or drink..only vendor machines there...when you walk down to your next destination for boarding it is so confusing...you have to go in at the ground floor go through security walk up a flight of stairs get into an elevator then walk where all the duty free shops are then walk down into the waiting area to board your flight...now this is the thing that pissed me off totally...where you end up is on the ground floor..i could of walked through a door that was open and gone through the glass doors but they are locked and security is there...i coudlnt believe it an there is me carrying all this damm luggage up the stairs was not imppressed...in sayin this i do hope you dont have to go through all this mate . i hope it has changed...ohh an the toilets omg ya gotta squat they dont have convensional tiolets ...well ya did in the ladies..lol

hey there elle

how you doing..good to hear you got some aussie to be living in your state it must be a nice feeling ... sniff sniff lol

hi shar

welcome to the nut house...hope to see ya hear again ...tells us ya story..where ya met .. where your going to be living and anything you would like to share with us...

ok i think i have done another novel but you guys will post while i sleep lol

take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Departing Sydney Airport 11.40am Wednesday May 9th. :dance:

Arriving Taipei /Chiang Kai Shek China 19.10pm same day

depart above 22.50pm same day

Arriving LAX Airport 19.35pm Wednesday May 9th

FLIGHT INFORMATION

Departure City and Time

Arrival City and Time

Wed, 09MAY07

LOS ANGELES

(LAX) 11:15PM

CLEVELAND

(CLE) 6:33AM (10MAY)

Thu, 10MAY07

CLEVELAND

(CLE) 7:35AM

PROVIDENCE RI PVD

(PVD) 9:17AM

:dance::dance::dance: Wifee Cheryl is bussing it up to meet me in providence R.I.

And we are catching the bus back to Massachusetts :luv::luv:

Cheers

Paul :luv:

Edited by hampster

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
IM SO EXCITED!!!! Two people from or going to Baltimore??? **waves** to jezz and mugz

HEY!!! I'll be moving to Baltimore County!!!

jezz - Not sure where Pax River is...but I'm just glad there are aussies in Bmore heeheehee..edit: which part of Sydney you from??

mugz - which part of Bmore you from?

Paul - congrats on selling the car!

Kath - thanks for the info re: customs! I will read it very shortly!

Becuz im a dork...

GO RAVENS!

Hey that is exciting! :D *waves back*

Okay, the city is Lexington Park in St. Marys County, I'll give you directions... start in Baltimore, follow the Chesapeake river south... no, keep going... keep going....still not there yet.... okay, that little river is the Paxuent river... swim across and you're there! (watch out for navy folk though;) ).

If you keep going south you're swimming again, and then you're in VA... and you've gone too far :D

I'll be flying into Baltimore but I'm starting off in LA, Tonys family live in LA and they're looking forward to meeting me so I'll be there for about a week to get aquainted before I move into my new home in MD.

*waves again to all the MD people*

Jess

Hey folks!

So nice to hear that y'all are coming to the Baltimore area. Welcome! Jess, those were some nice directions you had for everyone - LOL.

I am actually in the suburbs of Baltimore, Harford county to be particular and about 25 miles north of Baltimore city.

Glad to know we have a few things in common. If there is anything I can help you with as far as the Baltimore metro area is concerned, please feel free to contact me.

My fiancee is in Perth - anyone of you from that area? We are gearing up for the interview so lets hope all goes well and she can come join me ASAP.

Catch you all later. Take care

Muqeem

Muqueem- I am from Perth...if you'd like help with anything, or if your fiancee would like some help with anything- just give me a shout out and I'd be more than happy to help! :) goodluck with everything! :thumbs:

Timeline

:D Saying its about 2 hours drive south of Baltimore isn't as fun.

I'm itching to get my interview date, I know I have to be patient though, from browsing other peoples timelines I'll be waiting a while even just to be notified. I knew that already, or at least guessed it, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "but the paper says don't send it in until you've got everything... and what if there's a freak occurence and I'm not ready". Oh well. I know I keep going on and on... its just cos I'm excited. I'll pipe down.

Thanks so much for the drivers licence links Kath, I don't know why I wasn't able to find them myself, I guess I wasn't looking in the right place! After your post I think I might stick with Air NZ. I looked at flights down in July and the difference is about <$200 anyway... if it was more (like the deal Paul got) I'd definately consider China Airlines. I've got a NZ$5 note that I've been holding onto for the event also :) I've sort of had my heart set on spending it.

Has anyone ever ended up with interviews on the same day on this forum? That would be so strange.

Jess

hi jess

your quite welcome for the link .. and yes there has been people having the same day interview although one of them didnt come in here it was his fiance that did and he had company for the wait at the consulate..their posts are in here somewhere look for nycangle and ausqueen..they are now over here...havent heard from them but im guessing they are keeping busy lol..

good luck on your trip hamspter and tamzo im sure you will be fine at the POE..i went in the u.s. citz line and went through with robbie and it didnt take no time at all...

funny story for ya

our flight into lax was late..and the capt said can those who dont have connecting flights please remain seated (he named the connecting flights too) it seemed everyone had connecting flight cos everyone just got up..after getting through the customs an then getting our baggage there was a massive line..then all of a sudden this woman and her husband was skipping the cue ...i said to her thats not right you shouldnt be doing this..she growled back at me i have a flight to catch that is near time to take off.. i said yeah we do too ...she said mine is in 20 mins i said yeah mine too...we didnt skip the line ...low and behold there she and her husband was on the same damm flight as us sitting in her seat as we passed her.. i said i see you caught your flight ok...and walked off..they did get stopped by security and told off but was allowed to push in...so ya need patience at lax lol the line was long as and there was only two security officers looking at your passport and asking questions one was quicker than the other and you can guess which one we were in.. dont know if that has changed since last june...lol

i gotta stop talking lol

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

How rude! I guess they thought they were legitimately going to miss their flight... still, I get fired up when I see injustice like that.

I had a funny experience at the airport coming home from the US. Tony and I made a little bit of a scene at the airport because I couldn't stop crying... and he was getting a little misty to be honest. Anyway, after tearing apart I walked away, determined not to look back. When I joined the line and the lady in front of me turned around and said "oooh its okay, when you were walking away he looked just as sad as you!" Dern lady, I didn't look for a reason! :D After that she said "You'll see each other again, don't worry, I've been away from my husband as well and I'm missing him terribly, but I'm heading home now". "Oh really?" says I "how long since you saw him?". "Oh, I've been gone the whole week!". Well, you can imagine the look on my face :o And this was back when we didn't know whether we'd actually see each other ever again. Hahaha I loved that kind lady. It wasn't till 10 months later we were back on the same soil.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

How do I know if I need both I-134 / I-864 forms? Do they send that in the packet or something? I already did the I-134, but I read that the US consulate in Australia will require both forms HERE

Should I have both forms and all supporting documents ready for him early or should I wait for the packet first? I already did the I-134 and I already have all the paperwork neccessary, but I wanted to check and see how this part works

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

hi ya rings

with our consulate its the I-134 mate.. some other consulates do the I-184...that why they say in that link you gave us 134 or 184...

my hubby filled out the I-134 i actually found a copy of it today sorting out paperwork i found in the comuter room..lol.. how are things going... hope ya doing well.. your in detroit arent ya...

jess ...ohh i have done the same but i actually turned round and took a picture of robbie and it is such a sad looking fella sayin see ya to me....still pulls at the heart strings that pic just thinking of it ....

kath

ps. vylex safe journey to the land downunder mate...take care out there and enjoy yourself take lots of pics....

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Kath! I am actually in colorado and david is coming and I wanted to get all of the stuff together that I have on my end for his interview for him to take back with him, but I am on edge and nervous and I feel like the more I look the more questions I have and I tend to think too much anyway. I look everyday at our case status and nothing has changed and I am worried that the NOA2 will come and I won't be ready, but I know I am being silly because I have doubled triple checked it and I think all this sudden paranoia is brought on because he is going to be here in 17 days and I am waiting and waiting and waiting...

Should I just hurry up and wait????

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.