aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

just popped in to let you all know that i got my greencard in the mail today...yaaahooooo. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

talk to you later.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, so my husband recieved Pkt 3 today and has been looking through it for a bit now. A few questions for those out there more experienced:

1. How much does this medical stuff cost?

2. Is it really as invasive as it sounds?

3. Any recommendations on which doc in Sydney?

Thanks!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Timeline
Okay, so my husband recieved Pkt 3 today and has been looking through it for a bit now. A few questions for those out there more experienced:

Thanks!

YAYAYAY MAtt - that's so awesome! Congrats!!

1. Medical stuff is not cheap. I can't remember how much Stewart spend but it's a couple hundred...definitely over 100 - and it depends on what vaccinations he has to have and stuff. The chest xray is expensive too.

2. Not that he told me. He said it was easy and not invasive! But he could have lied to make me feel better I guess?

3. No :( Only melbourne!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks!

wolvendove,

1. if the price hasn't gone up from last year then all up it should be about $210 for the medical (exam, blood and xray)

2. not it's not. you strip to your undies. (i've had worse at my GP)

3. go to Dr. Millar...he's old but quite pleasant and his secretary is absolutly fantastic.

thanks karo.

matt

wolvendove,

1. if the price hasn't gone up from last year then all up it should be about $210 for the medical (exam, blood and xray)

2. not it's not. you strip to your undies. (i've had worse at my GP)

3. go to Dr. Millar...he's old but quite pleasant and his secretary is absolutly fantastic.

thanks karo.

matt

Matt -- Congrats on your green card! That's marvelous. :thumbs:

And thank you SO much for the advice and info on the medical. My husband is already playing it up over the phone. Maybe he's just fishing for sympathy? :) I'll pass on the info to him and we'll get this ball rolling!!!!! He had one done here in the States already and it was easy, I have no idea why he's thinking this one will be so much worse . . .

One step closer every day!!!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

hi all

MATT...congrats mate..what kinda work you gunna be looking for shame ya dont live closer to toledo jeep is hiring....

wolvedove

on page 25 of the original thread there are the jabs you need if you need to know..just go to page 1 of this thread and click on the link below that aussiewench posted...also within the embassey info at the top of this screen there are the doctors for australia....where did you get married in oz or usa...just wondering cos i thought DCF was that u had to get married in oz then file for DCF

Karo

not long before you come here hope your flight is a good one u must be getting excited huh...been hot here this week..well compared to your weather it is lol very warm nights...early mornings and late nights have been lovely outside shame about the mozzies..lol

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

wolvedove

on page 25 of the original thread there are the jabs you need if you need to know..just go to page 1 of this thread and click on the link below that aussiewench posted...also within the embassey info at the top of this screen there are the doctors for australia....where did you get married in oz or usa...just wondering cos i thought DCF was that u had to get married in oz then file for DCF

We have the info on what's needed, just wondering about the stuff they don't tell you on the papers. Like, which doctor is actually a nice human being rather than an overwhelmed overworked exhausted person. :) As for DCF, luckily enough it doesn't matter what country you're married in, as long as you have the certified license. And in Sydney we're lucky enough to not even have residency restrictions for the USC! Yeah!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Timeline

not a prob wolvendove.

hi kath,

later in the year i will (hopefully) be going to the police academy and joining the sherriffs department, so for the time being i will do anything that pays...although with the new families connections they are organising a job for me. don't know what or with whom, i just know that i've been told to wait.

matt

Edited by mwfaith1971

later in the year i will (hopefully) be going to the police academy and joining the sherriffs department, so for the time being i will do anything that pays...although with the new families connections they are organising a job for me. don't know what or with whom, i just know that i've been told to wait.

matt

:thumbs::P

Really though that is cool. Has to make it easier when one has connections. Congrats on the green card too.

If I be bad can ya turn a blind eye please :hehe:

Here is the medical stuff again to save anyone going back into the archived threads. When it opens, click on the box in the bottom right hand corner to enlarge it.

post-12204-1141550552_thumb.jpg

post-12204-1141550583_thumb.jpg

post-12204-1141550614_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Thanks!

1. Lots, can't remember the exact amount and after some tiring searching for my post which went into it I give up, be prepared to spend around 300... you may come out of it with change...

2. No. At least not with my experience in Sydney, the worst was having to undress and get into one of those lovely paper gowns and to drop it only for a minute. I've read in the UK women have had to have internal exams but I've read nothing like that for Sydney.

3. I went to Dr. English and I have to say go to the other bloke. He is reccommended here and while I have nothing really bad to report about Dr English my two complaints are (1) His office is further away than Dr. Millar's to the chest xray place... I believe Dr. Millar's office is in the same building as the chest xray place and (2) Dr English's receptionist insisted on not sending out my medical results and would only give them to me the day of my interview... an early interview and a delayed train made me stress a great deal, also I had no time to photocopy the sucker. Very glad I asked the receptionist to at least copy the vaccination sheet for me.

Good luck!

"So they met on Tuesday at the town hall steps

To get an eight by ten photo and a wedding date set

We might as well do it next week

'cause we've met everybody that we're ever gonna meet

He's dad is a nut, he's ex-girl is a #######

But he'll be yours forever if you just get it together.

If we can't get it together, if we can't get it together

Is it ever gonna be just you and me?"

1. Lots, can't remember the exact amount and after some tiring searching for my post which went into it I give up, be prepared to spend around 300... you may come out of it with change...

2. No. At least not with my experience in Sydney, the worst was having to undress and get into one of those lovely paper gowns and to drop it only for a minute. I've read in the UK women have had to have internal exams but I've read nothing like that for Sydney.

3. I went to Dr. English and I have to say go to the other bloke. He is reccommended here and while I have nothing really bad to report about Dr English my two complaints are (1) His office is further away than Dr. Millar's to the chest xray place... I believe Dr. Millar's office is in the same building as the chest xray place and (2) Dr English's receptionist insisted on not sending out my medical results and would only give them to me the day of my interview... an early interview and a delayed train made me stress a great deal, also I had no time to photocopy the sucker. Very glad I asked the receptionist to at least copy the vaccination sheet for me.

Good luck!

Thank you!!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Timeline

Yeah Kath - 10 days til I leave...OMG I am just beyond excited. I have heard the mozzies are bad now....but I don't care. I'd brave anything to go get my man :) :)

No news here...It's getting warm...I love it. 10 days - that's all I can think about.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

I got packet 3 today!! This is unbelievable!!! :lol:

After months stuck in CSC, every week there is something more done, soo sooooo cool. Well of course it was sent off today as well... :thumbs:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Timeline

i posted this in OT, but this is the last weekend i'll HAVE To be apart from my husband. YAYAYAYAY

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.