aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah, what's with the cream (odd stuff) in the US and the pumpkin &.....&....? The soya milk is disgusting (most might think it always is I guess). Pavola wedding cake sounds great but........is it possible? Yeah did the meat pie (was a disaster with the gluten free flour). Had to have lamb cutlets, never again, cost a furtune in Joplin. Yes and I believe there may be still some rissoles left in the freezer. At least I had some success there. Bit embarrassing after skiting about what a good cook I am. I asked him start on a compost so I can grow vege's when I get there. Never thought of myself as being too fussy before. Now I know I am. We really are spoilt here with food aren't we. Just shows how much I love this guy cause I do love my food. I'm sure the recipes will come in handy from the "mates up-over"site.

Now on to bussiness. I have been checking out Air New Zealand flights and they have one that goes to Kansas City, which is the last airport on my trip. I was wondering if this would be my POE airport or would they consider LA to be???

I am really hoping to get the immigration stuff done at Kansas City (where Andrew will be picking me up)instead of LA so I don't have to stress about missing connecting flights (as I did on the way over last time) or maybe of booking a hotel in LA so as to give myself plenty of time. As this particular flight could be considered all one International trip. I was thinking I could avoid doing it at LA.

Thanks for any info any one,

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

POE will have to be your FIRST point of entry - where you would go through customs :(

So it would be LAX - from what I hear it doens't seem so bad though!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Karo, such a quick reply and oops if I sounded like I was insulting US food. You do grow the most lovely men, one in particular I can think of anyhow.

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Hiya again Kath,

It's $242 for myself and my daughter for the medicals, THEN it costs $88 for the x-ray and $90 for the bloodtests making a nice little total of $662. Nice little business they got going there :angry: and rude to boot, sheesh.

Edited by kaffykat

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Timeline

I make Pies for Stewart all the time when he's here. I THINK i've mastered the American version of it :)

His FAVORITE pies in the world are Beaumont's - and I can say mine don't taste like those. I love pavlova, rissolles (sp?) and pies....not a fan of pasties or sausage rolls though.

I can't WAIT to get back to Oz!! I miss Stewart so much!! 20 days.

And no worries, When I can actually answer someone's question I get so excited!! I feel like I know what i'm doing for once.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

kaffy,

hold off on getting the vaccinations until after you do the medical. they do a blood test that will show what you are immunised against, so, if you do need a vaccination then you only need to get specific ones done.

if you daughter had chicken pox when she was younger then she will be immune...you can only get it once. i have never had it before but i am apparently immune so i must have come into contact with it when i was a child and it didn't show up.

in regards to the pie maker, you can get them on ebay over here for about $15 if you don't want go through lugging one over here and then getting the adapter.

no worries about the link...my wife found it for me a while ago. there have been some great discussions on there and the majority of the people are very helpful. tonight we are doing this:

In the spirit of Mates Up-Over, whose objective has always been to support Aussie Expats, and find ways to "connect" with other Aussie Expats ... we introduce "Aussie Phone Madness"!

The first Aussie Phone Madness, is this coming Friday night (24th).

Here's the deal:

- You email me your phone number to rosemj@matesupover.com

- Phone numbers can not be sent any later than 6pm on Friday night.

- I put all the phone numbers into a hat and pair them off

- I email you back, with a phone number only - no name

- I include a time for you to call that number

- You call that number and talk for a maximum of 10 minutes

- You will also receive a call from the person who drew your number

- Entries will not be accepted unless I "know" the person

- Phoning times will be 8.15 pm, and 8.30 pm.

- Let me know if you'd prefer not to be given and Australian phone number.

- Shy people are especially encouraged to join in

Let's see how this goes .. it might very well be a regular event.

should be fun.

hope all is going well with everyone...i'm going to the golf range this morning to hit some balls and then probably do nothing for the rest of the day. i hate not working but when you are told that you will be given a job and to wait...what can you do?

matt

Edited by mwfaith1971

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Yeah that Aussie Phone thingy does sound cool....I havent joined the site yet but I'm going to.....it looks like fun.

Now....still on 'food' .....can ya buy sausages in the US like we have out here :unsure: I never seen any while I was there

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

hi kaffy

thats incredible...where do they get off charging these prices i wanna know...i reckon the embassey needs to look into this..

some good websites to look out for fares are

www.bestflights.com.au

www.costlesstravel.com.au

www.lastminute.com.au

www.airfaresflights.com.au

take care kath

hi

hey there matt glad to hear ya still alive an kicking mate...got home an the heat hit me ..i had got so use to ohio cold lol...that sounds like a fantastic idea ... a lady on my flight was so rapt to hear an aussie accent she hadnt heard one in 2 weeks so this would help in that area cos i know i miss the accent....ohhh matt on food business...when i get over there matt if ya dont mind can i ring ya from time to time thats if ya wife wont mind mate

aussie

i did not find one damm sausage in toledo that are like ours.. robbie is a big polish sausage fan although i love um too they are just not like our banger in a nice piece of bread with onions.mmmmmmmmmm damm it was the first thing i made when i got home lol...and their bread sucks too ..i just cant put my finger on it but its not the same as ours..

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline
hi kaffy

thats incredible...where do they get off charging these prices i wanna know...i reckon the embassey needs to look into this..

some good websites to look out for fares are

www.bestflights.com.au

www.costlesstravel.com.au

www.lastminute.com.au

www.airfaresflights.com.au

take care kath

hi

hey there matt glad to hear ya still alive an kicking mate...got home an the heat hit me ..i had got so use to ohio cold lol...that sounds like a fantastic idea ... a lady on my flight was so rapt to hear an aussie accent she hadnt heard one in 2 weeks so this would help in that area cos i know i miss the accent....ohhh matt on food business...when i get over there matt if ya dont mind can i ring ya from time to time thats if ya wife wont mind mate

aussie

i did not find one damm sausage in toledo that are like ours.. robbie is a big polish sausage fan although i love um too they are just not like our banger in a nice piece of bread with onions.mmmmmmmmmm damm it was the first thing i made when i got home lol...and their bread sucks too ..i just cant put my finger on it but its not the same as ours..

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

aussie

Dang.......maybe I gotta buy myself a sausage maker too to bring with me. Wonder if can get the skins though.....shute :( I love my sausage n onions on a sanger

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

StellaR

i came through lax in december on a k1 visa and it was a breeze no problems at all i was totaly through and out of the airport with in 1 half hours from the time we landed.

also in regards to your vaccinaitions i went to my own gp and got a blood test done to see what i needed and what i didnt i took a print out of the required ones from the ausis site here the only one i need was tetnus so it was done by my gp and all bulk billed i then got the doctor to print out a vaccanition record and a copy of my blood tests and i took them to my medical the doctor at the medical accepted them as proof and filled out the proper from and he also gave me a copy of it as well i got this done well before my medical so i had it all to take hope this helps

Karo112 do you have a receipe for pastry for meat pies? or someone lol it just dont seem to work like it does in aus

Kath&Rob hows it all going for you i love the pic of the big heart i need to set up that site and put my pics on it to

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

hi aussie

we have talked about that ...you must be able to buy um if robbie suggested i make my own lol will enquire about this one lol..

i just rang my local doc pathology place...i asked her if i could get the hiv on medicare she reckons i should be able to...told her about the 60 dollar fee they were gunna charge me an she said go for it just get the pathology sheet from your doc and i will do it...so next week will do that..better 60 dollars in my pocket than theirs i reckon..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Just thought I'd add my bit on Best Flights. I had a hell of a time with them and in the end the management said they were going to have an internal investigation about it. They were always very nice just incompetent. I have almost forgotten every detail but they almost gave me a stroke. First they booked me dates that went over the 90 day thingy (I trusted them to count 90days) then for weeks they just couldn't seem to get those dates right on my ticket. They kept telling me it was ok & not to worry. I kept telling them I was worried and felt the correct dates on my ticket would help me not to worry and thought it was only fair with the money the things cost. They just kept sending me over & over again tickets with wrong dates. Must of rung them several times a day. Asked to speak to management and they did sort if a couple of days before I was to leave. I also have gluten and lactose intolerance & also asked for an isle seat (spinal problems) which they continually told me they had sorted. I rang the air lines myself to check on tickets & guess? what no mention of either of those requests. Thought I got that sorted till the actual flight. The flight attendants (Air Tahiti Nui) were very good and did try to find me something to eat on the plane but I was extremly hungry by the time I got to my destination. Glad I took some snacks with me, half my hand luggage was food.

Know I will be joining that up-over site. After many months of not hearing an Australian accent when you do get to hear one you feel like they are your best friend.

No Aussy style sausages in Joplin either.

Stella

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Karo112 do you have a receipe for pastry for meat pies? or someone lol it just dont seem to work like it does in aus

I'm pretty sure I seen a recipe for pie pastry in the recipe section of the link I just reposted of Matt's...'matesupover'

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.