aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Hey!

Does anyone know if packet 3 contains instructions on obtaining a police certificate? Or do they just send you to the link on the state.gov website?

We are almost at the stage of our case being completed at the NVC. I want to go and get the certificate (just to get organised), but I'm not sure if you have to take instructions sent by the embassy along to the Police station? Do I have to wait?

Can anyone help?

Hey!

Does anyone know if packet 3 contains instructions on obtaining a police certificate? Or do they just send you to the link on the state.gov website?

We are almost at the stage of our case being completed at the NVC. I want to go and get the certificate (just to get organised), but I'm not sure if you have to take instructions sent by the embassy along to the Police station? Do I have to wait?

Can anyone help?

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi hawaii

below i have put a link that takes you to a webpage that tells you all the states that you get police certficates from

depending on which state your in about the police stations...if you read some of the posts in here about police certificates might help too mate..and yes in packet 3 they send the same kinda info for ya

POLICE CERTFICATES IN AUSTRALIA

also for the medical info is in the embassey information...you can also download the forms off the Thailand embassey they are the same as the australians need..heaps of info in that embasey info mate take a look...

hope this is a bit of help to ya...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

hi hawaii

below i have put a link that takes you to a webpage that tells you all the states that you get police certficates from

depending on which state your in about the police stations...if you read some of the posts in here about police certificates might help too mate..and yes in packet 3 they send the same kinda info for ya

POLICE CERTFICATES IN AUSTRALIA

also for the medical info is in the embassey information...you can also download the forms off the Thailand embassey they are the same as the australians need..heaps of info in that embasey info mate take a look...

hope this is a bit of help to ya...

take care

kath

Hey, Thanks for the info Kath.. as always! :) Will check these out..

I have returneth... WITH VISA!

I can't help but feel really disappointed though. I suppose I got to such a heightened sense of anxiety and borderline OCD that finally getting to the consulate, and coming face to face with what I would class as the most boring and dull place that I have ever witnessed, that I crashed.

Granted, I don't go out of my way to find boring and dull rooms, but dear god, that was just... depressing. I was so high strung out I didn't even think to take in the view, even though I was there for 2.5 hours.

Even now, I still can't seem to settle down. I guess it's due to the lack of my passport, which was my only form of photo ID till I got an 18+ card *which I HAD to get to get my passport x.X*, and no physical visa.

They didn't even ask me any questions! Just took my fingerprints, asked me if everything in the ds-230part 2 was true (no raising my right hand or anything), signed it, then asked if I had trouble getting an appointment for my medical. Whats that got to do with the price of cheese in France? I dunno, maybe it was some sort of weird immigration lingo question to test to see if I was fair dinkum or something *shrugs*

I'm glad its mostly over now though...

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

I can't help but feel really disappointed though. I suppose I got to such a heightened sense of anxiety and borderline OCD that finally getting to the consulate, and coming face to face with what I would class as the most boring and dull place that I have ever witnessed, that I crashed.

Granted, I don't go out of my way to find boring and dull rooms, but dear god, that was just... depressing. I was so high strung out I didn't even think to take in the view, even though I was there for 2.5 hours.

Even now, I still can't seem to settle down. I guess it's due to the lack of my passport, which was my only form of photo ID till I got an 18+ card *which I HAD to get to get my passport x.X*, and no physical visa.

They didn't even ask me any questions! Just took my fingerprints, asked me if everything in the ds-230part 2 was true (no raising my right hand or anything), signed it, then asked if I had trouble getting an appointment for my medical. Whats that got to do with the price of cheese in France? I dunno, maybe it was some sort of weird immigration lingo question to test to see if I was fair dinkum or something *shrugs*

Fantasitc Niphredil!

I have logged in a few times today as I have been waiting to hear your brilliant news :-))

Can't believe you didn't get any questiosn though! I am already tied in a knot about it all.. and have a stack of evidence up to the ceiling!

So happy for you.. so did you get the visa in your hand on the same day? And when are you leaving for the States?

Well get ready for the next phase of your life girl.. you can finally be with your other half.

Take care..

Lexi

Fantasitc Niphredil!

I have logged in a few times today as I have been waiting to hear your brilliant news :-))

Can't believe you didn't get any questiosn though! I am already tied in a knot about it all.. and have a stack of evidence up to the ceiling!

So happy for you.. so did you get the visa in your hand on the same day? And when are you leaving for the States?

Well get ready for the next phase of your life girl.. you can finally be with your other half.

Take care..

Lexi

congrats niphredil!!!

my new news is that yesterday we got our marriage license.... our wedding is next month on the 15th december... ooh yay!!

congrats niphredil!!!

my new news is that yesterday we got our marriage license.... our wedding is next month on the 15th december... ooh yay!!

Good for you Shryna! Very exicitng.. where are you located? What will the weather be like in December?

I got married in Melbourne in the middle of Winter. My (Hawaiian) husband was frozen.. ;-) Don't know why we didn't have a beach ceremony in Hawaii..LOL. But it was beautiful all the same.

Congratulations and best of luck!

The one thing I was worried about they never asked about, so I didn't upset the waters. The only hiccup I had, was that when I was called up for the second time, they said it looked good, except they needed the Joint Sponsorships evidence of US Citizenship, which I had.

I gave them a letter from my husban'd workplace earlier, showing he now makes more and thus doesn't need JS, but I guess since they had the paperwork, they just decided to just go ahead with it *Which, again, grr, NVC didn't want it, but now you guys do?*

Oh well, overall, a decent experience. I guess all I can say is just make sure you have your paperwork in order, take any and all proof that you can find, and CHIIIILLLL. That last bit needs to be taken more seriously imo :P

US consulate PS: Please make the ticket vending machine more, oh I dunno, NOTICABLE. SO many people walked right past it *including moi ^^;*. I mean, yes, a sign saying "PLEASE TAKE A TICKET" at eye level should be enough, but painting it bright neon pink and purple glittery stars will do wonders too :)

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

congrats niphredil!!!

Good for you Shryna! Very exicitng.. where are you located? What will the weather be like in December?

I got married in Melbourne in the middle of Winter. My (Hawaiian) husband was frozen.. ;-) Don't know why we didn't have a beach ceremony in Hawaii..LOL. But it was beautiful all the same.

Congratulations and best of luck!

california - ...... the weather is starting to get colder.....

but thankfully its indoors and ceremony and reception is all in the same place!! "phew"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

CONGRATS NIPHREDIL!

It is kinda anticlimactic isn't it? We were gearing ourselves up for some mental battle and it felt like the DMV (or RTA I guess). I almost wanted them to ask more questions and look at the 10lbs of paperwork and evidence we brought in LOL. In any case it's done and I am happy! Once we get through POE at LAX I'll be even more relaxed. It seems like there is ALWAYS something to worry about LOL.

Hi to everyone else! Keep chugging. Like Kath said, time is certainly flying!

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

whooo hooo congrats to ya NIPHREDIL! :D:dance::dance::dancing:

great news ...i agree with the ticket machine in there..we followed like sheep to where others were getting theirs...should be as you first go through the door...

am glad it went well for you ... we all keep sayin its no big deal kinda a let down when ya get to the window to the amount of time you spend with the interviewer compared to how long the damm date takes overall lol

enjoy the rest of the time in oz..cherish every moment with family and friends and get everyones email address and phone numbers...i bought some phone cards in oz for the family before i left for them to use cos its cheaper to phone here than us to phone there....

getting colder here no snow as yet...work is going well im off registers and am doing christmas department...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

We found a nifty Telstra offer. Basically, you pay $10 to be a part of it, and if you only make $10 worth of calls, thats all you pay. The thing is, it's 0.02 cents a minute! An hour costs $1.20! Thats if you use the 0011(whatever) number, not the 0018 one.

Don't know if they use Telstra, but if they do, get them to call and ask them about it. My phone bill went from 10 calls at $80+ *I talk too much :P* to 35+ calls and $15 (including the initial $10). It's kind of funny to see the bill, as every call is listed and most are 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 cost :P

Don't really want to promote Telstra (privatization wasn't a good thing to us x.X), but this is a pretty good deal. We also use Telecard. I can call America, cell phone to cell phone, for the same price as landline, as it gets routed through the home *australian* phone number.

The Beginning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

ok,..dont know if anyone really cares,..but I finally got around to changing my name in my passport today, and getting new ones issued for my girls. Went in and got me Aussie friendliness, at the Australian consulate in Frankfurt. It was so good to hear someone else speaking like the girls and I do, some eone else that understands the little bit of Aussieness that slips into day to day speak,..im sure you know what I mean, not slang per se, but just the way we phrase things sometimes, make people look at us strange, and it was so nice to not have that weird look,...even if it was just for 30 minutes.

Anyways, just wanted to share. I had a nice day :D

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Sharyna

Wow your in Barstow im in California City about an hour from you i think yah another Aussie close by

angela

Jodee

Congrats on geting you passport done. When are you heading back this way?

angela

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

hiya angela

how u doing...when do you do your removal of conditions...

hi jodee

good onya for changing ya names in the passports...and i know exactly how ya feel about talking to other aussies mate...although heaps of customers and co workers say oh i love your accent...i talk my usual way and they dont understand what im going on about...met an old lady who had been here 62 years and she still had the aussie accent was lovely to talk to her..lol held up a line for it too hehehehe...

we just got a different way of expressing ourselves..

hey niph .. when you heading over the big pond...

well im going back to watch the ohio state and michigan game .. were ahead at the moment...slow start..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.