4,678 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHOOO HOOOOO CONGRATS SUGARBOB...

it is a lovely thing not havin to do anything for the government for 2 years..enjoy mate..

hope everyone else is going smoothly..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

hi everyone!!

i got in last night - .... so still jet lagged....

immigration was fast about 10 minutes.. and the guy asked me some questions..... what ifs - go figure... anyways ..... i'm here now yay!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yay Sharyna! I'm glad that you are finally with your man! :dance:

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just found this Aussie thread... HOW COOL...

:thumbs: YAY for you Sharyna :thumbs: HOW exciting to be there, and to be with your man....... I AM thrilled for you ... keep us posted on your wedding, it's only in a few weeks now isn't it??

Oh my I wish I was able to be with Steve right now... THIS process just is so horrible... I know it seems like on my time line that we haven't been in for the long haul like some of you, we have - and now that we are placed in this enforced separation due to the process and the distance, it really just is so draining - although I am not telling y'all anything that you don't already know :blush: My darling Steve is flying over to Australia for 2 weeks over Xmas, arriving here on a couple of days beforehand, in time for my birthday as well, and I CANNOT wait :blush: CANNOT CANNOT wait... I am going to need a whole box of tissues at the Adelaide airport when I meet him there, I think I will be a blubbering mess..

This will be his first trip to Australia, and finally he will be meeting my children, two of whom are moving over with me when our visa is approved .... and they are already totally "busting" at the chops - first about meeting the man that they talk to regularly and who will be their Step-Dad - "hate" that word "step" though LOL.. ... and secondly about the fact that when we move over there they will be gaining not only him as a Dad, but also a younger brother and sister, and a bunch of other family members...

They are of course, like me, quite nervous as well as excited .... but the most frustrating thing for them, again like me, is the "waiting, waiting, waiting"... one thing for us adults to comprehend the "system" but it is just so difficult for children to have to be involved in that waiting game too ... if you know what I mean.

And not just for my kids either, Steve's kiddos are also just in that same "hold" pattern, waiting for when the "rest of their family" will be arriving... Oh add to it the extra turmoil, that my house sold - LOL... thought it would take a month or two, but it only took 24 hours.... that is good/bad... I managed to delay the settlement to late January "with the hopes" that we would be through this process by then, however it REALLY doesn't look like it.... :angry: Add to that, the fact that Steve and I put a deposit down on a house in Cleveland while I was over there the other month, and CONVINCED "with difficulty" the current owners to delay our "closing" till late February, "again" hoping that the process would be over, and we would be there.... again DOESN'T really look like it... and HOW on earth can we extend them out any further...

So at this rate... My kids and I will be out of our house - end of January, and will have some huge expenses for mth. to mth. rental accommodation. Steve will be out of his house when it sells and have the same thing...

Sorry... I am ranting a bit... :whistle:

Anyway that is about it for today...

oh and I forgot to take out my one "gamble" for the year on the Melbourne Cup.. so might have to make a quick trip to the TAB... don't know who is running though, so I am gonna just say "Number 23"... don't know what color it is or even what horse it is LOL... so we will have to just wait and see

have a GREAT day everyone

Tracy

26/9/2007 Steve posted I129F & check to CSC

27/9/2007 CSC received it at 9.00am - signed by D.Bohn

""at this point on my timeline it said adjucation could be around the 8th March 2008"" What the??

25/10/2007 NOA1 issued

26/10/2007 Check cashed

29/10/2007 NOA1-Hard Copy received ...

2/11/2007 Touched

4/11/2007 Touched

20/11/2007 Went to police station for fingerprinting and National police check

4/12/2007 Police called police & fingerprint check done and ready for my collection

(getting ahead of myself I know <grin> but want to get everything ready

and organised - so MUCH paperwork/costs when there is me AND kids involved)

13/1/2008 - The estimated date on my timeline for adjudication NOW SAYS 21st March... OUCHIE..

29/1/2008 - WOW the estimated date on my timeline NOW says 7th April.... COME ON FOLKS.. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TIMELINES IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO... your updates help give number crunchers like myself something to gauge. 4th feb - all these approvals MUST be doing something, my timeline NOW says 2nd April...

5/2/08 - YAY YAY YAY.... NOA-2 approval via email from CRIS... WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO.... the "estimated timeline said 31 March this morning just as an FYI for you all)

9/2/2008 Flying to Ohio to spend a bit of time with my darling man to arrange our wedding and also just to spend some time together :-)

31/5/2008 Our Wedding day (we think) <grin>

Timeline

Welcome to the Land Downunder Tracy!

It's always good to see a new face. We all know what you've been going through and we have all been through that time ourselves. It is still amazing and a dream to think that my Loke is home here in Colorado with me after our long wait.

I know it's hard, but once you get through it, you will never forget the fight and the battle accross the sea.

Sharyna, Hey! You are here YAY! Congrats! I hope that you get over that jet lag soon *hugs*

Kath! Happy Late Birthday!!!!!

Sugarbob!!!! WHEW HEW! I am glad to see that your AOS is approved! I wish mine would take that turn *pokes AOS*

Kelli, Hope youa re doing well and keeping your chin up (F)

Good luck to all newcomers, old comers, people who come to just hang out and uhh.. the rest of the group lol

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

thanks, I was actually pretty impressed with the timeliness of it all (cept my ead never showed up but meh) considering everybody was expecting delays and all that due to the influx of applications to beat the rate rise...my processing time even included an rfe, and I never bothered with that whole tb skin test thingy...

I'm sure yours will be right around the corner :)

Timeline
thanks, I was actually pretty impressed with the timeliness of it all (cept my ead never showed up but meh) considering everybody was expecting delays and all that due to the influx of applications to beat the rate rise...my processing time even included an rfe, and I never bothered with that whole tb skin test thingy...

I'm sure yours will be right around the corner :)

to clarify, (since I can't edit for some reason) the rfe was for tax stuff that (accidentally) wasn't originally provided...w2's..1099's...3.14159265358979's and the like, not for the tb thing. For anyone else about to apply for aos, that extra skin test is unnecessary, although nobody seems to be talking about it anymore so it's probably already established...just a lil fyi :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around for ages, I've been crazy busy, I'm sure you can ALL relate.

So what's the update? I've had my AOS approved, my Permanent Resident Card came in the mail yesterday so now I guess it's over for the next two years. Yay!

I got transferred to CSC and didn't end up having an interview. I was expecting a RFE because I didn't bother with the TB skin test thing that we were all so concerned about way back. I was also expecting a RFE because I didn't bother with going to a civil surgeon to get that immunisation thing transcribed. I just sent in a photocopy of Doctor Waks immunisation worksheet from my Sydney medical. hahaha I skated out of that one so well. I remember Kath saying she did that or similar and yours went through too. Anyway, mine did so no civil surgeon for me.

The NOA date was October 24, 2007 for the AOS.

I was really surprised that it all happened so soon. I've been here less than 4 months afterall and I was expecting it to take a lot longer.

Anyway, that's my news, back to living in the US with my darling hubby!

Wow welcome to the US Sharyna!

Congrats to you too Sugarbob! *high five*

A big wave also to Kath, Katz, Kelli, Rings, Vy, Niph and all the gang who know me.

Edited by jezz85

hi ya jezz

waving back at ya mate

congrats on the greencard good to hear that it didnt take long for you...

welcome to the u.s. cant remember if i said that already..hope all is going well and your loving being here...dont forget to post the pics of the wedding for us mate..

hi ya rings

hows things going with you two..hope all is going splendidly for ya's...and thanks for the belated birthday wishes ..had a lovely day..worked at the hosp and made a pav for them and they devoured it...so i gave them the recipe ...

hope everyone else is going swimmingly and the ones that are over here aint too homesick...this is the time of year that it affects you most ... (well it did with me)...

sorry tracyN ... dont think i did your welcome to the thread mate..within these pages gone by there is heaps of info that you might be interested in .. and i do hope its not too much longer for you...

no big news here getting colder but am copeing quite well .. havent had any snow as yet...its late lol...would love it to snow on xmas day that would be magical i reckon..but can hear my hubs complaining saying its nasty stuff lol

take care

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hi Jezz! OMG I am so happy for you! I hope that everything from here on goes just as smoothly for you as it has gone! It is so cool to see some good luck going for you! YAY on the AOS approval! Eeeeep!

KATH *hugs* I hope you are doing well! I am so glad to see your icon again! It makes me smile heaps! I also hate the snow because I am so used to it here in Colorado, but Loke is really excited about it. We already got our first snow here and we made a snowman. I attached a photos for everyone lol.

Hope everything is going well Sharyna!!!!!

Welcome all new members!!!!

Snow020.jpg

As for us, today Loke finally got his EAD after such a long wait. Apparently the USCIS mailed it off to the wrong address which is odd since we got the other documents here at the same place. We even got our biometrics appointment sent to the same address so I think the mistake was on their part. I am really excited to see something though because when we had called about it, they said it would still be 45 more days before they would let us know :(

The card was mailed October 9th and today is November 9th, so we lost a month of time over it, but I am just glad that it is finally here. :dance:

Anyway... Good luck has seemed to come our way because we got it today. Loke finally got a car and he is mobile which scares the hell out of me lol, but I guess the foreigners should be allowed to drive too :P:unsure:

Anyway I hope everyone is doing well! We are always thinking of our Aussie/Ameirican friends!

(F)(F)(F) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox (F)(F)(F)

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Quick question: They don't like backpacks being taken into the consulate, but I can't seem to find anything about expandable folders, and reading the reviews, it only mentions 'paperwork'.

It sounds nitpicky, but the last thing I want to do is get to the consulate and waste time dragging my paperwork out of my neatly organised folder, then hoping that I take enough paperwork up with me. As is, I've found a mistake (one in my DS-230 part 1 that looks like I spent a year+3 months in USA, and not just 3 months x.X put a 5 where it should have been a 4 x.X), so I'm taking my boarding passes and whatnot for ALL of my trips.

So... are folders doable? Or is it paper only?

and I was doing so well :P

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.