HappyKnappy

AOS Interview: Approved!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

After 2 months (or so) of not posting in this website, I am back to report that my first step towards Citizenship has been a great success. My interview was today, and I now have LPR status. The process went by EXTREMELY smooth, and I am most thankful for the useful resources found in here, like your guides. I want to say that the information found here played a very important role, it even impressed the IO...

Anyway, the interview was mostly without me. I waited around 30 minutes in a hallway, until I was finally called in. This time can be unbelievably scary, so be prepared with positive thoughts if you are in this position. Once in the officer's cubicle I understood why it had taken so long: my wife had all the papers out, they went through pictures, cards, boarding passes, etc. The officer swore me in, went over the AOS form questions with me and then asked me like 30 questions that ranged from the way we met, specific events that my wife had disclosed to the IO, to our ISP and who paid the bills. I answered I didn't know to a one specific question, but he said it was nothing. After that, he gave me an interview results page which he had already printed before the interview, stamped my passport, welcomed me into the US and congratulated us.

The keys for success in my own analysis, are the following:

-Complete documentation.

-Compliance with EVERY request. Basically, if they don't ask for your dog's vaccination records, but the form says you must bring it, bring it. Who cares if you don't use that paper ever again?

-Patience, and good faith. If you are entering this country for the right reasons, you have nothing to be worried about.

-Full disclosure when you are being interviewed, IOs pay full attention to detail!

Throughout my time browsing around VJ, I have found a lot of useful advice to get where I am right now, but have also been very disappointed with a couple of the "more experienced" posters and the type of replies I got at one point. This type of responses will keep discouraging future VJers looking for an answer to their questions... Even though there are laws, these are always up to interpretation, not to mention the fact that many other circumstances will affect each individual case. Sadly, not all of these circumstances are applicable to each and every one of them. So, to the kind of poster that thinks he/she knows it all, do us all a favor and tread carefully. You are dealing with people's families and futures here, not just giving advice... Unless you are an Immigration Attorney, I seriously doubt what we see here is enough to give a straight opinion about laws.

Thank you VJ, we owe you one.

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

After 2 months (or so) of not posting in this website, I am back to report that my first step towards Citizenship has been a great success. My interview was today, and I now have LPR status. The process went by EXTREMELY smooth, and I am most thankful for the useful resources found in here, like your guides. I want to say that the information found here played a very important role, it even impressed the IO...

Anyway, the interview was mostly without me. I waited around 30 minutes in a hallway, until I was finally called in. This time can be unbelievably scary, so be prepared with positive thoughts if you are in this position. Once in the officer's cubicle I understood why it had taken so long: my wife had all the papers out, they went through pictures, cards, boarding passes, etc. The officer swore me in, went over the AOS form questions with me and then asked me like 30 questions that ranged from the way we met, specific events that my wife had disclosed to the IO, to our ISP and who paid the bills. I answered I didn't know to a one specific question, but he said it was nothing. After that, he gave me an interview results page which he had already printed before the interview, stamped my passport, welcomed me into the US and congratulated us.

The keys for success in my own analysis, are the following:

-Complete documentation.

-Compliance with EVERY request. Basically, if they don't ask for your dog's vaccination records, but the form says you must bring it, bring it. Who cares if you don't use that paper ever again?

-Patience, and good faith. If you are entering this country for the right reasons, you have nothing to be worried about.

-Full disclosure when you are being interviewed, IOs pay full attention to detail!

Throughout my time browsing around VJ, I have found a lot of useful advice to get where I am right now, but have also been very disappointed with a couple of the "more experienced" posters and the type of replies I got at one point. This type of responses will keep discouraging future VJers looking for an answer to their questions... Even though there are laws, these are always up to interpretation, not to mention the fact that many other circumstances will affect each individual case. Sadly, not all of these circumstances are applicable to each and every one of them. So, to the kind of poster that thinks he/she knows it all, do us all a favor and tread carefully. You are dealing with people's families and futures here, not just giving advice... Unless you are an Immigration Attorney, I seriously doubt what we see here is enough to give a straight opinion about laws.

Thank you VJ, we owe you one.

Congratulations and have the best time with your hubbi :)

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations and have the best time with your wife :)

Fixed it for ya... I am hubby. But thanks, we are very happy!

A 3 year-4 month-1week journey ends on 09/20/2013, and a new one begins!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.