Emmayxl

What interview quesitons would they ask (AOS from H1B, but USC no income)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey all,

I'd like to have you play the "immigration officer" game if you would and ask any possible questions you may have towards our marriage so that I can be better prepared for our interview in September.

I entered US as F1 (student) holder, then after graduation I became an H1B holder for non-profit org and now that I just got married this June and mailed the whole package to Chicago lockbox, to my surprise the process went extremely fast. It's only been 2 months and I've got my biometrics appt done, my picture taken and I've received the interview letter to appear in the beginning of Sep this year. After reading lots of posts here I really started to be worried cuz it seems like real marriage could be denied while fraud could be approved... Sign...

My brain is so limited that I really can't think of anything that they might ask me as to my husband's no income status. In the application, I had my tax return for the past 2 years (that's the only two years I've been working and earning income, which also go far beyond the 125% poverty line), but just to be extra cautious, I asked my mom and step-dad to be the co-sponsor and submitted their documents (I864 forms and tax returns for past 3 years, which also go far beyond the 125% poverty line). My question is would the Immigration Officer give us a hard time during the interview as my husband (USC) does NOT have income and did NOT pay taxes during the past 3 years?

Thanks a lot for all your inputs below...

Edited by Emmayxl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey all,

I'd like to have you play the "immigration officer" game if you would and ask any possible questions you may have towards our marriage so that I can be better prepared for our interview in September.

I entered US as F1 (student) holder, then after graduation I became an H1B holder for non-profit org and now that I just got married this June and mailed the whole package to Chicago lockbox, to my surprise the process went extremely fast. It's only been 2 months and I've got my biometrics appt done, my picture taken and I've received the interview letter to appear in the beginning of Sep this year. After reading lots of posts here I really started to be worried cuz it seems like real marriage could be denied while fraud could be approved... Sign...

My brain is so limited that I really can't think of anything that they might ask me as to my husband's no income status. In the application, I had my tax return for the past 2 years (that's the only two years I've been working and earning income, which also go far beyond the 125% poverty line), but just to be extra cautious, I asked my mom and step-dad to be the co-sponsor and submitted their documents (I864 forms and tax returns for past 3 years, which also go far beyond the 125% poverty line). My question is would the Immigration Officer give us a hard time during the interview as my husband (USC) does NOT have income and did NOT pay taxes during the past 3 years?

Thanks a lot for all your inputs below...

What is the reason your husband has no income for 3 years?

08/22/06 - First entered USA on F-1

02/14/09 - Met The One

08/15/09 - Graduated with Masters degree

09/28/09 - Started OPT employment

01/15/10 - Engaged!

02/06/10 - Legally married (wedding not till 09/05/10)

05/04/10 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via Priority Mail

05/07/10 - Packet delivered to Chicago

05/11/10 - NOA1 via text and email

05/12/10 - Checks cashed

05/13/10 - NOA1 received in mail

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter in mail

06/08/10 - Scheduled Biometrics @ St Paul, MN office

06/25/10 - Interview letter received!

07/15/10 - EAD and AP approved

07/20/10 - AP received

07/26/10 - Scheduled interview - APPROVED!

07/29/10 - EAD and welcome letter received

08/09/10 - Green card received! :)

Timeline

What is the reason your husband has no income for 3 years?

He traveled and didn't "feel like" working. He lives on the edge and it's like a different lifestyle as "normal" people... He doesn't like working for other people or listening to others' "order" or "assignments". I don't have any problem with it and it's NOT like he's lazy or whatsoever. He had never been married nor did he have any kids, so I guess he just never have some real responsibilities in life until now. We've talked about it and He's going to look for something to do as a job maybe by the beginning of next year (after he's done with his friends' two cars)and we might start our own business or both help my family with our family business. He helps my parents anyways now but it's just not official, so we'll make it official and he could get paid.

:P

• 1 month later...
Timeline

They didn't ask for anything, it was 30 minutes but most of the time we were asked to double check with the information on the form. He said he just wanted to make sure everything was correct...

Just received approval letter on Sep 15.

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers :thumbs:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

AOS,EAD,AP aps received: 7/28/10

Biometrics appointment notice: 8/06/10

Biometrics appointment: 8/20/10

AOS Touched: 8/20/10

AOS Touched: 8/30/10

AOS Interview notification received: 9/02/10 for 10/05/10

AP Touched: 9/23/10

EAD Approval/card production email: 9/24/10

AP Touched: 9/28/10

EAD Touched again, same card production email: 9/29/10

EAD and AP received: 10/01/10

Applied for SSN: 10/04/10

Interview date: 10/05/10 Detroit.

10 year GC APPROVED: 10/05/10 !!!!!!!!!

Welcome letter arrived in the mail: 10/09/10

SS card arrived: 10/12/10

Green Card arrived in mail: 10/15/10 :)

zxkxma.jpg

Tiempo and Tucker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.