mamamimi

I-864 & DS-230 cover letter

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi I am sendig these two packets tomorrow...Question do I have to include a cover letter can it just be a list of what is included in the packets?

Also very important I have read that you must put NVC number in top left corner is this true? Is there anything else I should put there besides the NVC#?

If anyone has a link please post!

Thanks,

Emily

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi I am sendig these two packets tomorrow...Question do I have to include a cover letter can it just be a list of what is included in the packets?

Also very important I have read that you must put NVC number in top left corner is this true? Is there anything else I should put there besides the NVC#?

Thanks,

Emily

When you paid invoice for for the to forms, you go online to nvc , where it is online payments, and then go to cover page, you have to print that cover and send it with the forms and documents for ds-230

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

When you paid invoice for for the to forms, you go online to nvc , where it is online payments, and then go to cover page, you have to print that cover and send it with the forms and documents for ds-230

I got those coversheets already, those are mandatory...LOL

I am talking about a cover sheet which lists all the stuff I am sending, thank you for reply anyway.

Good luck to you in your jurney!!:star:

Removal of Conditions 8/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The cover letter is not mandatory, but it is something that VJers advocate simply for organizational purposes and hopes it can help facilitate the adjudication process.

According to the NVC, it is not mandatory to write your NVC case number on any page at all. The only page where it is mandatory to have your NVC case number is the barcoded coversheet (it is already printed below the barcode - and the barcode itself is your NVC case number)

However IMO the reason why people on VJ say to write the case number on EVERY page is because the NVC has a slight history of losing documents that you send to them.

Edited by bobby_kvisa

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is the link to the cover letter template http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

Go to the Wiki and search for James Shortcuts

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanks,

Emily

Emily,

Here is another link for cover letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

As Bobby said, cover letter is optional to NVC. But it is a good practice to organize the contents in the cover letter. Just NVC Case# on "top right" (not top left due to stapling issue :-)) of every page of the document is more than enough. Again, this is optional. Sometimes, there will be multiple set of documents for more than one beneficiary. Then it makes sense which document is whose.

Good luck Emily!

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.