Mandy P

Interview at Algerian Embassy today!

50 posts in this topic

I know exactly what you mean. We are experiencing something similar. We were loaded to the gills with evidence which they did not want to even look at and then two days later put us in AP. Another VJer on here had her interview the same day and got her visa three days ago, no AP. I even called the emb. to see why we were on AP and if I could give them any information (so they could hurry up and issue the visa). I got the whole "Don't call us, we'll call you" bit. It's like they have everything, but for some reason WON'T issue the visa, because they could- we did everything right. And I know y'all did too. It's so frustrating. Today I brokedown and started crying in the ATT store when I was having troubles with my phone, the guy there was like, "ma'am I'm gonna do all I can to fix it!"

But it's little things that set me off when everything is so tense and you don't know if you're going to see your fiance this month or in 10 months. I'll be so glad when there's a solution and a visa in hand. Stay strong!

Remember guys ... there is also security clearance that must be completed prior to the issuance of a visa. Megan - your fiance is a resident of Spain but originally from Morocco -- I do believe DHS will check with Spain and Morocco so it could take a little more time. (I could be wrong -- but I would think/hope DHS does thorough checks like this

It is a very frustrating and aggravating time but once its all done and you guys are together here it will all be a memory that fades quickly ... stay strong and positive!!

Keep yourselves busy and try not to obsess (I know.... its easier said than done!!)

Edited by Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I agree. Take the personal info down. It's not only VJ by the way, there's also facebook, and other social sites. Make sure yours are private.

Try to understand that if they ask offensive questions, most of the time it's to see the reaction. In other words, it's not that they think a man can't love a larger woman, but they want to see how he reacts to the question/statement. They like to call this an interview...you should view it as an interrogation. They are trained to identify certain body language, speech patterns, biological responses, nervous tics etc...They aren't just listening to his answers, they are looking for signs of deception. Chances are they deliberately insulted you and asked about sex to see how upset he became. I'm not saying what they do is right or wrong, but it was easier for me to get past some of the questions they asked my husband when I had a better understanding of why they asked them.

I sincerely wish you luck, and hope your fiance gets his visa soon.

I'm confused with this tactic.... It sounds like a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of a thing. So they ask you a question that would make a man upset. From my experience and understanding, North African men are very protective of their women and will "fight" anyone who says anything bad about them. I find this charming as I'm sure several other MENA ladies do. However, is his 'hot blood' used against him in this interview? Are they saying if he is easily provoked he is dangerous? I still dont get the logic here

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

Apr 26, 2008 We got engaged

Jan 14, 2010 Left Spain alone to the US to work & begin immigration

Feb 11, 2010 Mailed our I-129F and received NOA1

May 05, 2010 NOA2

May 10, 2010 NVC Confirms receipt & that packet sent to Madrid today

May 14, 2010 Madrid receives case and I receive a job offer!!!

May 20, 2010 Packet 3 Received

May 24, 2010 Packet 3 Sent

Jun 14, 2010 Packet 4 Received

Jul 08, 2010 Flight to Spain to see my baby!

Jul 29, 2010 Return to US

Aug 09, 2010 Medical Exam

Aug 11, 2010 Interview in Madrid

Aug 12, 2010 My "interview" with Madrid

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 15, 2010 Flight home to me

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

Feb 04, 2010 Green Card Interview- Approved

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree that that tactic is pointless, people will either 1) answer honestly (which I think you should do) or 2) get mad, angry or confused and lash out. I don't think those questions should be legitimate (except for spousal visas in which a marriage is not actually valid in US laws unless consumated). But think of this from the CO's point of view, your relationship may be valid, but I assure you at least 50% of people interviewing the day you were were involved with some type of visa fraud. Does the system need to be reformed absolutely but a lot of beneficiaries are not in this game for love...only paper. Also the AP/AR has nothing to do with proof you're providing as Malarie stated. It's security checks. Not all of them are complete by the time of interview hence the delay. If you're given AP you've passed the stage of proving your relationship, all that is holding the visa is checking on your SO's affiliations and record.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

This is too, too true. They have seen it all and their are some terrible fraudsters out there. For those of us on VJ for quite sometime we have seen it all and heard it all.

Mandy, if I was you, I would be very, very careful with the information you are posting here on VJ - you have your names, pics, tickers, etc. Just a bit of caution: It is a known fact that the COs do read VJ and do keep up with various couples, interview dates, etc from different threads. I realize you are very upset and all of this is quite raw right now, but your statements are also quite derogatory and that could be used against you. Just sayin'. :thumbs:

Then she needs to learn how to seperate her personal thoughts from doing her JOB. If she can't be professional in the way she handles people and what she says, then she needs to find a new line of work. If I were rude to people like that at my job, I'd be fired. No matter how "justified" I felt in my words and actions or how "right" I was about thinking that some of the cases are frauds. I realize some cases are frauds but not all of them are. Like I said before they opperate on a guilty until proven innocent basis, which is 100% Un-American.

If they look at any of my posted information all they will see is that my relationship is real and that we are in love with each other and want to be married and together. So let them look. If they want anger because of the questions they ask as proof of something... then they will get it. There is nothing they can find, legally, in any of our information that can justify a denial.

But regardless, we are making plans for the worst case scenario. If he is denied I will move there. He's fine there. He's working. He has his family. He's having a great time with his friends. The only thing he is missing is me.

I apologize for the comment about getting laid, but I am angry. People often say things in anger when they just need to vent.

Filed: Timeline

I agree that that tactic is pointless, people will either 1) answer honestly (which I think you should do) or 2) get mad, angry or confused and lash out. I don't think those questions should be legitimate (except for spousal visas in which a marriage is not actually valid in US laws unless consumated). But think of this from the CO's point of view, your relationship may be valid, but I assure you at least 50% of people interviewing the day you were were involved with some type of visa fraud. Does the system need to be reformed absolutely but a lot of beneficiaries are not in this game for love...only paper. Also the AP/AR has nothing to do with proof you're providing as Malarie stated. It's security checks. Not all of them are complete by the time of interview hence the delay. If you're given AP you've passed the stage of proving your relationship, all that is holding the visa is checking on your SO's affiliations and record.

I think a rigorous interview process is critical to weeding out fraud at every embassy. They see alot more than we see and know alot more than we know that they know. I dont think they singled out your spouse. I think they have just seen alot and are trying to help and protect Americans. They know alot because they are in close contact with USCIS and they get to read the post complaints after the spouses arrive and they also get retraction letters every single day. They are just being extremely careful. Algeria was not like this before but it has become like this after case after case that has come back to them. Please do not take this personally. It has nothing to do with you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.