Kitten24

Final papers at NVC

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi all! Does anyone know approximately how long it takes till a case leaves the NVC once they get all the paperwork? We just sent in our AOS and IV packages yesterday and I want to know how long till it gets to the Consulate. I know time varies from case to case depending on each particular situation, but ball park figure...say a month? More? Less?

And: once it leaves the NVC, it gets to the Consulate pretty quickly right? I have all my paperwork for the interview except for the medical so I'm anxious to just call the Embassy and tell us to interview us right away!! My goal is to spend Thanksgiving with my husband:)(L)

09 Dec 2015: I-130 package for Parent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey divina! It is taking about 2 months forthem to complete your case at the NVC stage. Then depending on how your country schedules interviews, it might be another few weeks to a month to get a date. Good luck! I hope they speed back up!!

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello Divina24,

take a look at my timeline below. I understand that the NVC has been backed up with mail recently, so it takes awhile for them to even open your package. I sent our last paperwork to the NVC on May 15th, and our case was closed on June 4th. Also, from watching the interview schedules at the US Consulate in Honduras (go to http://honduras.usembassy.gov/iv.html to preview), they are getting busier and busier as the number of cases listed per day is increasing every month. Our interview date was assigned on July 13th, but our file was not sent out from the NVC to the Consulate until July 23rd.

This should give you a sense of how to forecast your own timeline. However, I was able to change (accelerate) our interview to 3 weeks earlier by going to the US Consulate in person (I am a USC and the Petitioner). Our original interview date was Aug 23rd, but we were able to get an interview on Aug 2nd instead. The medical appointment will only take one day as long as you start early in the morning, and there are no problems. I recommend going to Dra. Elisa Carrasco at The Honduras Medical Center.

As long as your paperwork at the NVC is all good and complete, they will close your case, and your interview date will likely be in mid-November 2010. Be sure that the Honduran documents (birth & marriage certificates) that you take to the interview are in forma literal (the long form). Best wishes to you.

Here's to families being together sooner,

KayaEel

Timeline:

06-29-2008: Met in person

07-01-2009: Wedding Date (1 year after meeting & multiple trips to visit)

09-01-2009: Civil (Legal) Marriage Date

12-05-2009: I-130 Sent

02-25-2010: I-130 NOA2 Date

06-04-2010: Case Completed at NVC (Sign-in Failed)

08-02-2010: Interview at Consulate & VISA APPROVED!!

08-14-2010: POE in Houston, TX

07-09-2012: Filed I-751 Petition for Removal of Conditions

07-11-2012: NOA Date (Extended Green Card for one year)

08-16-2012: Biometrics Appointment

03-07-2013: Approved

03-22-2013: 10-year Green card arrived.

10-06-2022: Filed to renew 10-year Green card. No biometrics required.

10-19-2022: 10-year Green card arrived.

01-20-2023: Filed N-400 Application for Naturalization. NOA receipt and no biometrics required.

Hello Divina24,

take a look at my timeline below. I understand that the NVC has been backed up with mail recently, so it takes awhile for them to even open your package. I sent our last paperwork to the NVC on May 15th, and our case was closed on June 4th. Also, from watching the interview schedules at the US Consulate in Honduras (go to http://honduras.usembassy.gov/iv.html to preview), they are getting busier and busier as the number of cases listed per day is increasing every month. Our interview date was assigned on July 13th, but our file was not sent out from the NVC to the Consulate until July 23rd.

This should give you a sense of how to forecast your own timeline. However, I was able to change (accelerate) our interview to 3 weeks earlier by going to the US Consulate in person (I am a USC and the Petitioner). Our original interview date was Aug 23rd, but we were able to get an interview on Aug 2nd instead. The medical appointment will only take one day as long as you start early in the morning, and there are no problems. I recommend going to Dra. Elisa Carrasco at The Honduras Medical Center.

As long as your paperwork at the NVC is all good and complete, they will close your case, and your interview date will likely be in mid-November 2010. Be sure that the Honduran documents (birth & marriage certificates) that you take to the interview are in forma literal (the long form). Best wishes to you.

Such helpful info, KayaEel. You are so nice!

I was wondering if you were in Honduras when you requested the earlier interview date? You said you are the USC and you went to the Consulate in person, so I was a bit confused. I want to try this as well once my NVC case is approved, so looking for advice. Thanks!

Timeline

Such helpful info, KayaEel. You are so nice!

I was wondering if you were in Honduras when you requested the earlier interview date? You said you are the USC and you went to the Consulate in person, so I was a bit confused. I want to try this as well once my NVC case is approved, so looking for advice. Thanks!

I've heard from different people that you can call and/or email the Consulate (at least in Honduras) to move your appointment..

Hello Divina24,

KayaEel thanks for the help. I have a couple of questions: when you got to your interview, did you have another set of birth certificates police certificate, marriage certificate, etc.? We sent all of that to the NVC. I'm assuming that the NVC will send all of those to the Embassy, but I saw the Embassy's website and the checklist in there asks for all those papers again. I

Timeline

Hello Divina24,

Also, what does the Packet 3 and Packet 4 contain?

Timeline

Jess and Daniel,

After our interview date was set by the NVC, I e-mailed the U.S. Consulate to request an earlier interview date once a week for two weeks. They were responsive, but told me that they couldn’t accelerate my date, but to try back the following week. I understand that some folks have tried calling the Consulate in Honduras, but they were unsuccessful at getting through to a live person. Then, I took a BIG risk and booked a flight to go to the U.S. Consulate in person several weeks before our interview date was scheduled. :devil:

Since I am a U.S. citizen, they had to let me in the building, and I used my U.S. passport as identification. In Honduras, the immigrant visa section opens their processing windows to U.S. citizens for questions or to drop off additional documents related to their case. This occurs only once a day at 11am on Monday – Thursday, and no other time. This schedule was published on their website. So, I went there at 10am, and politely waited in the waiting area until 11am. When I approached the window, I gave them copies of our appointment letter, held photos of my (step)son up to the glass, and begged for an earlier appointment due to the Fall school session is the U.S. starting on the same day as our originally scheduled interview date. The lady looked up our case and the interview schedule, and after a few minutes that seemed like forever, she offered to re-schedule us for 2 business days later. I accepted, and she made a handwritten note on each appointment letter with her initials and then updated the system. We then used the appointment letters with her notes when we arrived at the Consulate for our interview.

This was certainly a risk, and it cost a lot of money to book the flight, and pay for the hotel stay, even when they could have easily denied my request. In that case, I would have just flown home, and returned for our originally scheduled appointment. Since we didn’t have the medical exam done yet, we had to get that done immediately. One more thing, the acceleration of our interview date could have been a problem if our documents had not arrived yet from the NVC. On the day of our interview, they initially told us that our documents had not arrived yet, but they later found them after we begged them to keep looking. It was also helpful that I had a copy of the DHL shipping information, therefore, I also knew who signed for our package there. Thank you VJ!

I am not familiar with the Consulate in England, but it may be worth a try if you can afford the additional cost and time away from work. Good luck to you.

KayaEel

Timeline:

01-20-2023: Filed N-400 Application for Naturalization. NOA receipt and no biometrics required.

Timeline

Hello again Divina24,

You are correct. Many of the original documents required at the Consulate interview were already sent to the NVC, so the Consulate should have them with your package. I wanted to be extra safe, so I did collect additional original copies of several documents like the long forms (forma literal) of our marriage certificate and my husband’s and (step)son’s birth certificates. I did not bring another original police certificate, but I did have photocopies of everything. Since you are a DCF filer, I think that the NVC does not review the documents as closely, but I am not sure. This could speed up your process, but it could also slow things down later if you do not have the correct and complete documents at the initial (and hopefully, only) interview at the U.S. Consulate.

Please make a note to have original copies of the petitioner’s documents with you at the interview as these were not requested by the NVC. This would include the petitioner’s original birth certificate (if they are NOT attending the interview), the petitioner’s passport (if they are attending the interview), and a copy of the petitioner’s latest tax return if it was not sent in with the I-864. Copies of their latest pay stubs may also be helpful.

Our Packet 3 included a cover letter stating that the immigrant visa processing payments had been received, and it gave instructions to continue applicant processing by sending in the DS-230 form, I-864 form, and all required documents.

Our Packet 4 included our appointment letter which listed the interview date, a checklist of items to bring to the interview, a listing of the documents received for applicant processing and the status of each document.

Read the VJ guides, as they are life savers. Hang in there. The waiting was the toughest part for me.

KayaEel

Timeline:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

you should see in the NVC thread how long it is taking people currently to get through NVC.

recently it has slowed down, and they are taking awhile to assign interviews and forward packets i think.

but as long as you don't get any RFEs you should get through in a decent amount of time! good luck.

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.