5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well NO movement this time.. Bulletin will move from October... Sometimes i think all those people whose PD in 1999 were very very lucky. Because at this time bulletin was moving very fast and they getting greencard in approx 10 years and these guys having no tension of getting eliminated in CIR...

And today v r very unlucky as bulletin not moving a single day and if CIR pass than maybe v get eliminated. I think v must pray for our luck like those people of PD 1999..

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well NO movement this time.. Bulletin will move from October... Sometimes i think all those people whose PD in 1999 were very very lucky. Because at this time bulletin was moving very fast and they getting greencard in approx 10 years and these guys having no tension of getting eliminated in CIR...

And today v r very unlucky as bulletin not moving a single day and if CIR pass than maybe v get eliminated. I think v must pray for our luck like those people of PD 1999..

Hi what is your PD.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

how they will eliminate the backlogs under family based category....can some one clarify this...is they going to use merit based system to eliminate the backlogs under family based ?????????????????

"How" will the backlog be eliminated....is the main piece of the Puzzle..:unsure:

That was my question...:)

Good Luck..

Timeline

Hi all

Can any body explain to me the MERIT system ?

i want to know every thing about that system .. because my beleive about the new BIll .. si to clear all the backlog by converting all these pending cases to the MERIT SYSTEM.. and this is the only way to reduce the F4 visa by canceling most of the pending visa using the MERIT SYSTEM (only the qualified persons can pas this system).

i wish i am wrong

please explain to us the MERIT SYSTEM

F4 Visa Category has filers above 35 yrs too and they might be having the data and thought about this factor too..so, my take is they should approve the backlogs without MERIT system..:unsure:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Edited by Visa Grant

Timeline

Thanks for sharing the info! I think I better hurry up and begin petionning my young two (2) brothers as soon as possible before all these bills become laws. A lot of things are changing!

Yup start filing the F4 petitions soon...

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Timeline

That was my question...:)

Good Luck..

Following is my summary and analysis of the bill as far as F4 category is concerned. I have tried to explain how the backlog would be cleared :-

1. The present system will change to Merit based system from October 1, 2014 (i.e, at the start of Fiscal year 2015).

2. Family based (FB) petitioners waiting for 5 years or more will be eligible for Merit based Track II.

3. No point system has been specified for Merit based Track II system.

4. Formula for allocation of visas to family based petitioners under Merit based Track II system after October 1, 2014 is as follows :-

Immigrant visas available per year = (Total pending FB petitions on date of enactment minus Petitions for spouses and children of permanent residents) * 1/7.

** spouses and children of permanent residents are being subtracted as these will be converted to Immediate relatives immediately on enactment

5. Determination of Worldwide Levels of Visa availability

A. For Fiscal year 2015

(480000 – Immediate relatives) + Unused visas of fiscal 2014 + Unused visas from fiscals 1992 to 2013 (subject to a minimum of 226000)

B. After 2015

(480000 – Immediate relatives) + Unused visas of previous fiscal (subject to a minimum of 161000)

(Effective date of implementation. First day of Fiscal year after enactment. So if the bill gets passed before September 30, 2013, then effective from October 1 , 2013)

6. Present level of 65000 visas annually for F4 enhanced to 40% of worldwide level. This works out to 90400 at the minimum and could be nearly 200000 at the maximum levels for the next fiscal ). This provision is effective immediately on enactment.

7. One year after enactment (let’s assume October 1, 2014, although it could be earlier) the per country ceiling gets enhanced from 7% to 15%.

Therefore, immediately on enactment we gain by

A. Conversion of spouses and children of LPR to Immediate relatives, thereby freeing up a sizeable number of visas for distribution among other FB categories.

B. Enhancement in the number of visas available for F4 from 65000 to 40% of worldwide levels.

Then, after about an year or so we further gain by

A. Recapture of unused visas for previous years

B. Enhancement of per country ceiling to 15%

C. And then the Merit track system clears out 1/7th of remaining backlog annually till 2022.

Your comments please………

Edited by nrocky

Filed: Timeline

to clearing backlogs for the first five years after october 2014, they will use the numbers of visa allotted for the merit based visa track ii. It doesn't mean pending beneficiaries have to qualify according to point based system. See the link page two

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/immigration-reform-explainer-employment-based-visas/t/story?id=18978680

Well it doesn't make sense, someone is waiting from 24 years in the line and now they are saying go and now they are saying go and get a uni degree and then you will be able to achive a GC otherwise not. They didnt mention any rule for track ii yet because for the first year the numbers of visas will be used to clear the backlogs of FB and EB category. They have to clear all backlogs by 8 years and then only they will be able to start giving GCs to those 1.1 million illegals. Don't worry guys, they have to finish those approved the petitions according to the rules they were submitted.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi Ashk

I am very much confused. My priority date is Feb 2002. Do you think we will not be current before October 2014. We already wait for 11 years 3 months and as per the above we have to wait for further 2 or 3 years!!! Is it right !!!

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

Following is my summary and analysis of the bill as far as F4 category is concerned. I have tried to explain how the backlog would be cleared :-

1. The present system will change to Merit based system from October 1, 2014 (i.e, at the start of Fiscal year 2015).

2. Family based (FB) petitioners waiting for 5 years or more will be eligible for Merit based Track II.

4. Formula for allocation of visas to family based petitioners under Merit based Track II system after October 1, 2014 is as follows :-

Immigrant visas available per year = (Total pending FB petitions on date of enactment minus Petitions for spouses and children of permanent residents) * 1/7.

** spouses and children of permanent residents are being subtracted as these will be converted to Immediate relatives immediately on enactment

A. For Fiscal year 2015

(480000 – Immediate relatives) + Unused visas of fiscal 2014 + Unused visas from fiscals 1992 to 2013 (subject to a minimum of 226000)

B. After 2015

(480000 – Immediate relatives) + Unused visas of previous fiscal (subject to a minimum of 161000)

(Effective date of implementation. First day of Fiscal year after enactment. So if the bill gets passed before September 30, 2013, then effective from October 1 , 2013)

6. Present level of 65000 visas annually for F4 enhanced to 40% of worldwide level. This works out to 90400 at the minimum and could be nearly 200000 at the maximum levels for the next fiscal ). This provision is effective immediately on enactment.

7. One year after enactment (let's assume October 1, 2014, although it could be earlier) the per country ceiling gets enhanced from 7% to 15%.

A. Conversion of spouses and children of LPR to Immediate relatives, thereby freeing up a sizeable number of visas for distribution among other FB categories.

B. Enhancement in the number of visas available for F4 from 65000 to 40% of worldwide levels.

C. And then the Merit track system clears out 1/7th of remaining backlog annually till 2022.

Your comments please………

good work..how you calculate point no. 6 and secondly how it will effect the speed of visa bulletin...suppose this bill become law in june2013...so therefore in July 2013 visa buletin ,we will see these point no. 6 changes becoz u mentioned it will enacted immediately...

Timeline

After bill pass our visa number will be available very soon now it is confirm and please guyes DO understand 18 month wording.

NOW listen me very carefully 18 months mean WHEN BILL PASS AND ENACTED THEN US CITIZEN can file petition for their sibling with in 18 MONTH. And after they could,t file any sibling petition.

IF SOMEONE FAIL TO DO SO THEN ALIEN SIBLING CAN COME TO USA THROUGH MERIT BASE SYSTEM AND MERIT BASE SYSTEM WILL START AFTER 2005 ,, its mean that when 2005 visa number will be available then who which can,t file petition for their sibling mention 18 month time limit Then he can file merti base system petitions.

I think now clear all the things.

DONT worry those who already approved and waiting for visa numbers BUT WHO FILED PETITION BUT YET NOT APPROVED THEN THEY MAY BE QUALIFY UNDER MERIT BASE SYSTEM WHICH WILL START AFTER 2005 PD.

good luck all

NO it is not reason for AP. AP is security checks.

Timeline

:unsure:

A. For Fiscal year 2015

B. After 2015

7. One year after enactment (let's assume October 1, 2014, although it could be earlier) the per country ceiling gets enhanced from 7% to 15%.

Your comments please………Great Work and quite logical also but what i could not understand is that will be the parameter of giving the visa for F4 , Will they have Merit Base system right after enactment ??????

[/quot

Edited by manna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.