5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Snappy,

I helped my parents file for all their forms, what I did was put the pictures in a small ziplock bag and stapled the ziplock bag in a blank paper, never had a problem with it, so maybe you can do the same.

Thanks soo much Lexlee for sharing...i will do that. Congrats to your mom and hope your brother can go with your mom...Good luck to your brother.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just a have a quick question, after the interview and Visa issuance does the embassy return all original civil documents? We are just a little concerned 'coz we submitted my uncle's original birth certificate(which was almost torn apart 'coz it's too old) and we just want it back. As far as the other civil documents we don't care very much if they return it or not since we can always obtain copies of those from NSO. If they happen not to return it,how do we go about getting it back? Thanks guys, hope everyone is having a good day!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just a have a quick question, after the interview and Visa issuance does the embassy return all original civil documents? We are just a little concerned 'coz we submitted my uncle's original birth certificate(which was almost torn apart 'coz it's too old) and we just want it back. As far as the other civil documents we don't care very much if they return it or not since we can always obtain copies of those from NSO. If they happen not to return it,how do we go about getting it back? Thanks guys, hope everyone is having a good day!

mine was not return,i secure a copy of my sisters BC at NSO,thats why i did not submit the original one.i recieved my visa with a sealed yellow envelope which i think that is all the document which i submitted to NVC,and again to be submitted to the port of entry

Timeline

mine was not return,i secure a copy of my sisters BC at NSO,thats why i did not submit the original one.i recieved my visa with a sealed yellow envelope which i think that is all the document which i submitted to NVC,and again to be submitted to the port of entry

Hi Pampoo,

Unfortunately my uncle didn't have any record with the NSO so we submitted his original birth certificate from the local municipal office together with the NSO paper stating that he did not have any record with them. Anyways, hopefully they return it so I can give it back to my uncle, so when are you leaving to come here?

Timeline

Hi Pampoo,

Unfortunately my uncle didn't have any record with the NSO so we submitted his original birth certificate from the local municipal office together with the NSO paper stating that he did not have any record with them. Anyways, hopefully they return it so I can give it back to my uncle, so when are you leaving to come here?

maybe by the end of june,thinking if i will still wait for my husband.i got a june 1 sched for his physical appearance at the embassy,st lukes release his medical with a nega result,if we can get his visa by the 3rd week we will undergo predeparture orientation seminar.

Timeline

maybe by the end of june,thinking if i will still wait for my husband.i got a june 1 sched for his physical appearance at the embassy,st lukes release his medical with a nega result,if we can get his visa by the 3rd week we will undergo predeparture orientation seminar.

Did your husband have problems with his medical too? My dad did the 3-day sputum test which were all negative the 2-month sputum culture which will be around June 22, so hopefully I can get him scheduled for his interview too? As far as my brother is concerned well they told him to have his medical first and pay the IV fee and then they will compute his age, of course this are all gamble but we are hoping that he might be able to come.It seems like your immigration journey is almost the same as my parents. By the way, when you scheduled your hubby's interview how early of a date did you get? I am hoping that my family will be here by mid july 'coz we are planning a family vacation to Canada and Seattle, WA. Which state will you be living in?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I found this site, and it looks kindda helpful http://www.myprioritydate.com/ Check it out

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Did your husband have problems with his medical too? My dad did the 3-day sputum test which were all negative the 2-month sputum culture which will be around June 22, so hopefully I can get him scheduled for his interview too? As far as my brother is concerned well they told him to have his medical first and pay the IV fee and then they will compute his age, of course this are all gamble but we are hoping that he might be able to come.It seems like your immigration journey is almost the same as my parents. By the way, when you scheduled your hubby's interview how early of a date did you get? I am hoping that my family will be here by mid july 'coz we are planning a family vacation to Canada and Seattle, WA. Which state will you be living in?

we will be staying in sacramento california,hubby finished his 2 mos culture last may 17,was released on the 19,i called up embassy immediately to have an sched the earliest possible day but unfortunately May sched is fully book

they give me an open day of june 1 and 17 so i pick up the nearest,know what with a quick computation of your brother's age he is covered with cspa,he was born 1988,and the case was to be current last 2009 he was just 21 then and you said that the petition was approved 5 mos later to be deducted the consul wouldnt let you pay the IV fee and undergo medical if he is not covered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a question. For my aunt's visa, we got an email few days ago stating the name of everyone on that visa and saying we have to pay a bill. I am assuming it's the IV fee? After we pay for this, what steps are left?

We already have paid the $88 bill long time ago.

Edited by RiaB

Timeline

we will be staying in sacramento california,hubby finished his 2 mos culture last may 17,was released on the 19,i called up embassy immediately to have an sched the earliest possible day but unfortunately May sched is fully book

they give me an open day of june 1 and 17 so i pick up the nearest,know what with a quick computation of your brother's age he is covered with cspa,he was born 1988,and the case was to be current last 2009 he was just 21 then and you said that the petition was approved 5 mos later to be deducted the consul wouldnt let you pay the IV fee and undergo medical if he is not covered.

Hi Pampoo,

What a coincidence I live in Elk Grove, which is a city/suburb within Sacramento, my parents will live with us when they get here. We are all praying for my brother's case as he will be the only one left if my parents migrate. Well my brother was born March '87, PD April 1, 1988 and the I-130 was approved June 4, 1988 ( so that's just 2 month deduction from his age), the case became current I assume the time my mom got the interview date which was Mar. 26, 2011 (or maybe a month or so earlier than that), my mom was told that it's not guaranteed that he can come, but well we're still gonna gamble it. I really hope you are right, he was only 1 year old when that petition was approved it's so unfair if he will be left there by himself. He just turned 24 last March. Well, goodluck on your journey and hope to see you around the neighborhood!

Timeline

I have a question. For my aunt's visa, we got an email few days ago stating the name of everyone on that visa and saying we have to pay a bill. I am assuming it's the IV fee? After we pay for this, what steps are left?

We already have paid the $88 bill long time ago.

If the amount is $404 each applicant then that is the IV fee. Once the status of online payment says paid(I'm assuming your aunt will pay online), print that receipt with the barcode, gather all original civil documents of each beneficiary and petitioner, fill up the DS 230 which you can also download online, submit it to NVC( IV fee bar-coded receipt, original civil documents and DS-230).

The AOS(Affidavit of Support) $88 should also have a bar-coded receipt, print that and submit it with the I-864, latest Income tax return with W2 and proof of citizenship/LPR status of the petitioner, then submit it to NVC.

If all documents are filled up properly then NVC will forward the case to the consulate and will schedule the beneficiary for interview.

Timeline

Hi Pampoo,

What a coincidence I live in Elk Grove, which is a city/suburb within Sacramento, my parents will live with us when they get here. We are all praying for my brother's case as he will be the only one left if my parents migrate. Well my brother was born March '87, PD April 1, 1988 and the I-130 was approved June 4, 1988 ( so that's just 2 month deduction from his age), the case became current I assume the time my mom got the interview date which was Mar. 26, 2011 (or maybe a month or so earlier than that), my mom was told that it's not guaranteed that he can come, but well we're still gonna gamble it. I really hope you are right, he was only 1 year old when that petition was approved it's so unfair if he will be left there by himself. He just turned 24 last March. Well, goodluck on your journey and hope to see you around the neighborhood!

oh yeah,my youngest sister lives in elk grove,you might know her.where you here in P.I.?are you from the north?if you have a facebook account add me evelyn_epa@yahoo.com so we could communicate well or email me

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh yeah,my youngest sister lives in elk grove,you might know her.where you here in P.I.?are you from the north?if you have a facebook account add me evelyn_epa@yahoo.com so we could communicate well or email me

good for you guys...it wont be hard for both of you to meet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.