5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not Sure..:no:

I feel like I am waiting in vain. hix. Why does it take so long this time? I have checked the website several times but there was no news at all. I haven't seen any body who has PD after March 8th, 2000 receive interview letters. What should we expect for this June visa bulletin. So Scary :(

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

was away for awhile,i just feel bad,so disappointing feeling of losing the amount of 1226 USD and a 100% of effort so the whole family could travel unfortunately my 2 kids who is 25 and 26 was denied of overage.i really really feel bad.i just wanted to share to those derivatives of this category that although you are included in the fee bill,medical and interview if you think you are below 21 on computation of the cspa age then go for it but if you are in doubt it is a choice to gamble.here is my data:my petition was filed jan 21,1988 was approved feb 15,1988 i received notification last june 20 2009 that our priority date is current and completed necessary documents november 6 2010,was set for an interview last april 28.on the other hand i was granted a visa with my minor kid who is 15.still waiting for the result of my husband sputum on the 17 of may. the CG told me to go first then petition my kids who are aged out that will be on the F2b category another 13 years on the waiting for my daughters to follow.haizt a very long process.

Hi Pampoo,

I'm sorry about the denial of your 2 kids. My mom will have her interview on May 19 @ 0630. My dad had problems with his medical, we are waiting for the results of his sputum culture and it's not until June 22nd. My mom got cleared. Our biggest concern is my youngest brother he was not included in the invoice and medical, I e-mailed the US embassy about it and they told me that only the consular officer can make that final decision if he is eligible for CSPA protection or not. My parents PD is AApril 1, 1988, the petition was approved June,3,1988, my brother's DOB is Mar. 6,1987 he is 24 years old right now. We are taking our chances and see what happens, my only question is since he is not included in the interview letter, I told my mom to bring him to her interview with his documents and the appropriate visa fee plus the e-mail from the embassy. Will they let my brother in? Does the consular officer compute his age before or after you pay the fee? I have no clue on what to do with my brother's case so we'll just take a chance. I used the CSPA calculator here in VJ and he has aged out already, so it's just a matter of gambling and lots of prayers at this time.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please check this link out http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

I felt so sad when looking at this.

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Hi Pampoo,

I'm sorry about the denial of your 2 kids. My mom will have her interview on May 19 @ 0630. My dad had problems with his medical, we are waiting for the results of his sputum culture and it's not until June 22nd. My mom got cleared. Our biggest concern is my youngest brother he was not included in the invoice and medical, I e-mailed the US embassy about it and they told me that only the consular officer can make that final decision if he is eligible for CSPA protection or not. My parents PD is AApril 1, 1988, the petition was approved June,3,1988, my brother's DOB is Mar. 6,1987 he is 24 years old right now. We are taking our chances and see what happens, my only question is since he is not included in the interview letter, I told my mom to bring him to her interview with his documents and the appropriate visa fee plus the e-mail from the embassy. Will they let my brother in? Does the consular officer compute his age before or after you pay the fee? I have no clue on what to do with my brother's case so we'll just take a chance. I used the CSPA calculator here in VJ and he has aged out already, so it's just a matter of gambling and lots of prayers at this time.

just like what i did,i really take all the chances all throughout the process i have been keeping my fingers crossed for all i know from the very start that they are age out based on the computation that was provided by the site.but really feel bad that they were down,the CG told me that he had done all the possible way to lessen their age,for any consolation he told me to go first so they may follow on a few years time.No,they wont let him in,try to email the embassy for an appointment with your mother.after the interview of your mom,she may open the case of your brother and do whatever the CG says so.it is not a big deal really,if the consul says you pay the IV fee at the cashier then thats it then he can undergo medical exam and if he is through then St Lukes will schedule him for the appearance.Know what?if only my kids did not appear on the IV fee i prefer that situation just tell your mom to open the case of your brother with the consul.

Timeline

just like what i did,i really take all the chances all throughout the process i have been keeping my fingers crossed for all i know from the very start that they are age out based on the computation that was provided by the site.but really feel bad that they were down,the CG told me that he had done all the possible way to lessen their age,for any consolation he told me to go first so they may follow on a few years time.No,they wont let him in,try to email the embassy for an appointment with your mother.after the interview of your mom,she may open the case of your brother and do whatever the CG says so.it is not a big deal really,if the consul says you pay the IV fee at the cashier then thats it then he can undergo medical exam and if he is through then St Lukes will schedule him for the appearance.Know what?if only my kids did not appear on the IV fee i prefer that situation just tell your mom to open the case of your brother with the consul.

Thanks for the information Pampoo, I have the email from the embassy and I will let my mom bring to her interview, I have told my mom that once her interview is done then she can ask the consul about my brother. On the brighter side at least you got your visa and hoping that you can petition for your other kids once you're here.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the information Pampoo, I have the email from the embassy and I will let my mom bring to her interview, I have told my mom that once her interview is done then she can ask the consul about my brother. On the brighter side at least you got your visa and hoping that you can petition for your other kids once you're here.

Good Luck for the Interview..:thumbs:

Please check this link out http://mumbai.uscons..._off_dates.html

I felt so sad when looking at this.

I agree..

Timeline

Hello everyone F4 VJ's...i want to ask something...do we have to paste our 2x2 ID pictures in our DS230 in sending to NVC? if not,what did you do so photos will be intact upon reaching NVC...

Hi Snappy,

I helped my parents file for all their forms, what I did was put the pictures in a small ziplock bag and stapled the ziplock bag in a blank paper, never had a problem with it, so maybe you can do the same.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my mom's interview, she was scheduled May 19 @ 6:30am and she didn't get done 'til 2:30pm! Her visa is pending because her NBI clearance expired 2 days ago! So she will get a new clearance and will send it to them. As far as my brother's CSPA application, well fortunately they let him in but the embassy cannot proceed with the application until he completed a medical(which I think is another money-making scheme!) of course they were told that it's not guaranteed that he will be approved but we are still taking chances so by Monday he will go to St. Luke's for medical. I will keep everyone posted on more updates.

By the way, just an FYI my mom was asked for a picture of her and my uncle (the petitioner) of course she didn't bring one but it was not detrimental so the Consular officer just let it go. She was asked for basic info like how long has my uncle lived in the US? What do they do for a living(he's retired), how often she visited the US(my mom has had 10 year multiple entry tourist visa), what do I do for a living since I'm a joint sponsor. Overall it was an easy interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.