Obama 2012

Kick-A$$

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This movie was so awesome I watched it twice yesterday!

Well worth seeing, and should actually get an oscar nod for best score! Awesomeness!

Best super-hero movie in a LONG time!

Trailer:

Non-Family Friendly Hit-Girl Trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2TYbeL5ZjQ

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

love this one... different!

i used to like super-hero movies, but i eventually hated them because they always went against a super-villain. i've always thought they could make the super-hero movies fun if they would pit them against regular people in a variety of ways.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

haha... just watched this last night. it was awesome. there were moments my friend and I would look at eachother and go '####### was that???" lol!

02-date forgotten-2008: met online playing a game called lineage 2

06-17-2009: met in person for the first time!

06-26-2009: proposal <3

10-6-2009 through 11-3-2009: lived together for a month

03-24-2010 through 03-30-2010: traveled to meet his family

06-16-2010: started printing paperwork for I-129F package

06-25-2010: mailed off the I-129F package!!!

07-06-2010: NOA1 (according to the paper I hadn't got yet)

07-08-2010: check cashed

07-12-2010: hard copy NOA1 received in the mail

07-12-2010: touched

10-03-2010: touched

10-29-2010: NOA2!

11-08-2010: NVC received our petition

01-01-2011: called embassy as we never got packet 3. got "lost" in the mail. worst 2 months ever!

01-18-2011: medical! passed!

02-18-2011: INTERVIEW! APPROVED!!

03-02-2011: FLIGHT! POE: Dulles Airport!

03-09-2011: marriage certificate/license complete!

05-11-2011: mailed out AOS package (after a long fight getting the varicella vax done, and the medical paperwork completed)

05-13-2011: package delivered

08-11-2011: welcome to the united states notice! green card coming in 3 weeks!

I remember when it first came out, we had been really busy so didn't get to go see it but one of the critics (of one of the papers) was saying it was outrageous because the little girl had been sexualized. ####### I didn't see that at all when I watched it on saturday night. Some of those critics are so full of bs :wacko:

It was a great movie, it was one of Nicholas Cage's better roles to be honest. It goes from being deliberately stupid and embracing all the OTT stuff that goes with superhero fandom to picking its moments to be serious, the reasons why all kids read comics in the first place. The relationship between the girl and her father was really good.

The violence was crazy, so if anyone doesn't like ott violence like Kill Bill (though it's not as bad as that) might want to give this a pass.

the Family was in agreement Hitgirl made the movie.

I agree too

love this one... different!

i used to like super-hero movies, but i eventually hated them because they always went against a super-villain. i've always thought they could make the super-hero movies fun if they would pit them against regular people in a variety of ways.

I think the problem with all the super heroes is (the same with long running animes too) you get into this spiral of power that's hard to keep track of. Both the hero and the enemies start off weaker and on a more identifiable level, then just like any story you have to progress it, the turning points need a bigger climax. The stakes have to be higher, more meaningful and with bigger explosions lol

Eventually they get like soap operas like every single possible plot has been used up, even the bad ones that either don't fit or contradict earlier actions. I think that's why comic books and super heroes don't do as well today, they've done everything they can do. New superheros can't be iconic as old ones (pfff nobody beats Wolverine/Spiderman/Batman e.t.c). I think today's comic/cartoon writers really don't think what kids like to read/watch, they want stories with substance (and no contradictions) too. Ben 10s done very well but many mangas/animes, especially the shounens take their audiences more seriously, like Naruto (to a point).

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg