Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

SSC on IR-1 Immigrant Visa

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

I am a new member, I've been reading a lot of topics about the SSC on the Port of entry but I think my case is quite different and I need to know what to to.

Let me start by saying that I've been previously applied for a green card with the adjustment of status back in 2007. At the time, My wife and I were living in US, I've been granted of an Employment Authorization card based on the K-3 Visa we were applying for. I had my SSC stated that the SSN on the card was valid only within the time of expiration of the EAC. Meantime my wife and I relocate to my country and abandon the Adjustment of status before leaving US (Approved by USCIS letter).

Now we decide to move back to US and we already have done all the paper work for the immigrant visa through DCF. On the DS230 Part II I applied for a new SSC (since mine state that it is valid only with the proof of EAC). Am I going to have a new card with the same SSN or a new card with a new number?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

No, your SSN is for life - regardless! You should not receive a new one with a new number. When you get your green card and travel to the US, you should to go the SSA office and update your immigration status and have the "Valid only with DHS authorization" removed as a condition

Good luck

August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2

February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete

May 4, 2009

May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011


April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony


September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...