MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

any yardie in here every renew they passport while in the states if yes. how long did it take for you to get back the new passport from the jamaica consulate general??

Hi GC,

Yes, We renewed my Hubby, Ken's passport in 2009 via the J'can Consulate in NYC. (We wanted to make sure they accepted his passport pics, b/c they have a bad habit of rejecting the passport app due to poor quality pics. We went mid-May (they told us 3-4 weeks). Ok, we started getting crazy b/c we had a trip planned to JA in the beginning of August & it was mid July & no passport yet! So I called the Consulate & this Sweet guy who worked there bent over backwards to get it expedited & shipped up here from JA TWO days before we left! I would say to be safe... expect 12-16 weeks for the passport, b/c we done know how Yard stay wid time! LOL

Good luck & blessings,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, it's been a looong time since I been up in here and I'm excited to be back.I really had to take some time off and take care of myself and I guess the de-stressing techniques worked perfectfly because me and hubby are expecting our first baby and we are super excited!! :dance::dance::dance::yes::yes::yes:

I have to say I love the new name, very welcoming!

C, sorry that you have an interview, but you'll do great!!

Lata y'all and take care.

Plz don't say anything on facebook, I', waiting for the perfect time to tell someone.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, it's been a looong time since I been up in here and I'm excited to be back.I really had to take some time off and take care of myself and I guess the de-stressing techniques worked perfectfly because me and hubby are expecting our first baby and we are super excited!! :dance::dance::dance::yes::yes::yes:

Plz don't say anything on facebook, I', waiting for the perfect time to tell someone.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats hun Hope you guys get bless with 2 t8304.gif t8304.gif :rofl:

Just joking!!! But seriously congrats

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats hun Hope you guys get bless with 2 t8304.gif t8304.gif :rofl:

Just joking!!! But seriously congrats

JQ DON'T jinx me! It's funny you say that because that's exactly what the doctor thinks, that I'm having twins. But as the weeks go by she'll be doing some testing to find out.

Edited by kjenkins86

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congrats on the baba or baba's kjenkins86. thats great.xx

thanks for the advice, i read it, the day after, but i was in too foul a mood to answer anyone. It was like Vesuvius. As for the child not signing up for it, thats true, but its not one sided here. my focus is really his wotless mother who still wants to get credit for something she isnt doing, when i got married I believed he was going to spend SOME time with her. I think the best place for him is with his dad, I however believe that the most important relationship in this family is the one between my husband and I, because it bring stability, normalcy to his life. Thus this point was made to him yesterday, to which he agreed. He knows this is about the time we have together, that we both need just us time. I know I cant go off like I have been, either. Its not good for the old blood pressure, its not good for us. it gets tiring.

I am not sure how to handle all this stress, all i do know is I'm going to have to find a way. I'm glad all you ladies are here, and just being so freaking nice.

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Timeline

CONGRATS....CONGRATS im super happy for you guys...

we got that interview in the bag..(me being positive)

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Hi GC,

Yes, We renewed my Hubby, Ken's passport in 2009 via the J'can Consulate in NYC. (We wanted to make sure they accepted his passport pics, b/c they have a bad habit of rejecting the passport app due to poor quality pics. We went mid-May (they told us 3-4 weeks). Ok, we started getting crazy b/c we had a trip planned to JA in the beginning of August & it was mid July & no passport yet! So I called the Consulate & this Sweet guy who worked there bent over backwards to get it expedited & shipped up here from JA TWO days before we left! I would say to be safe... expect 12-16 weeks for the passport, b/c we done know how Yard stay wid time! LOL

Good luck & blessings,

Gill

DANM THAT LONG.. IMMA CALL DEM I HOPE I GET TO SOMEBODY WHO IS SWEET AS THAT GUY...LOL

Timeline

congrats

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KJ--How you nah gonna tell me in the texts??? I was all planning on getting you some passion fruit barcardi (or whatever you said you liked) but now it looks like you will be eating for 2 and hubby drinking for 2.. lol. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you. When are you do? Twins??? Wow what is it with these yardie men? I wouldn't mind twins though. Congrats again!!!!!

Hey everyone!! Getting ready to celebrate hubby's birthday! I have to say although there are a lot of downsides to working the worst is being away from him. Hope this "honeymoon phase" never ends.

Oh and LMAO at Finesse! Happy Humping got you those beautiful likkle girls.

Timeline

Congrats! I am very excited for you both. As I first read this post I thought it was DW for some reason who knows I am such a scatter brain these days so, DW if you are reading this are you prego too??????? :) KJ best wishes for a very healthy smooth pregnancy .

Good Morning Everyone

Edited by Always Blessed

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies......I spoe with my MIL last night and they are doing ok where they live(Falmouth Area). She said no flooding in her area. Thank God. I hope everyone's family is doing ok.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies, sorry about my absence but I was overwhelmed with everything the last couple of weeks. Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone interested in looking at the wqedding pictures you can see all of them at:

username: Kacianne

password: 29671

Hope all the ladies are doing well... :D

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Timeline

I KNEW IT!!!!! I JUST FELT IT!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats.. umm, I wanna come to the baby shower, be the Godmother and all that good stuff! I will babysit too! LOL :yes:

JQ DON'T jinx me! It's funny you say that because that's exactly what the doctor thinks, that I'm having twins. But as the weeks go by she'll be doing some testing to find out.

Two for one... dayum these yardie men got some strong swimmers LOL... Hubby said to me the other day, I swear I got you pregnant :no: I said "oh no you didn't" LOL

Timeline

congrats on the baba or baba's kjenkins86. thats great.xx

thanks for the advice, i read it, the day after, but i was in too foul a mood to answer anyone. It was like Vesuvius. As for the child not signing up for it, thats true, but its not one sided here. my focus is really his wotless mother who still wants to get credit for something she isnt doing, when i got married I believed he was going to spend SOME time with her. I think the best place for him is with his dad, I however believe that the most important relationship in this family is the one between my husband and I, because it bring stability, normalcy to his life. Thus this point was made to him yesterday, to which he agreed. He knows this is about the time we have together, that we both need just us time. I know I cant go off like I have been, either. Its not good for the old blood pressure, its not good for us. it gets tiring.

I am not sure how to handle all this stress, all i do know is I'm going to have to find a way. I'm glad all you ladies are here, and just being so freaking nice.

Of course it is very important for "us" time but considering his son is here, "us" time become minimal. Maybe you needed that time before he came. It's just like when you have a baby yourself. YOUR time becomes the baby's time because they need that. As for the child's mother, she isn't going to change. Especially since you now have something she once had and her child. Reality is, she is probably trying to brag because truth be told, you are doing a job she couldn't. Maybe hubby has to intervene on this one and get the mother to step up and take the son so that you two can have some alone time.

I know it has to be overwhelming and stressful for you. Just pray on it sis, you will be fine and we are here for you...

Just my opinion. I hope I didn't offend you.

CONGRATS....CONGRATS im super happy for you guys...

we got that interview in the bag..(me being positive)

Yes yall do Lady! :)

KJ--How you nah gonna tell me in the texts??? I was all planning on getting you some passion fruit barcardi (or whatever you said you liked) but now it looks like you will be eating for 2 and hubby drinking for 2.. lol. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you. When are you do? Twins??? Wow what is it with these yardie men? I wouldn't mind twins though. Congrats again!!!!!

Hey everyone!! Getting ready to celebrate hubby's birthday! I have to say although there are a lot of downsides to working the worst is being away from him. Hope this "honeymoon phase" never ends.

Oh and LMAO at Finesse! Happy Humping got you those beautiful likkle girls.

Happy Birthday Vaughn Kinsley! (L)

Timeline

Congrats Kjenkins! That is wonderful news. Hopefully I will be aboard w/the rest of the pregnant ones SOON as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.