batmankiller

The paper after interview that says you've been approved

6 posts in this topic

So the sheet that my USCIS interviewer gave me that says I've been approved etc after the itnerview, how important is that sheet assuming I lost it? Would they need that sheet at all for future references? (for when I get my oath appointment ..).

lol are you thinking about losing it?

Another VJer lost hers but remembered the date of her interview and was able to continue without it.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

So the sheet that my USCIS interviewer gave me that says I've been approved etc after the itnerview, how important is that sheet assuming I lost it? Would they need that sheet at all for future references? (for when I get my oath appointment ..).

Why all these hypothetical questions? For God's sake... make a copy of the document... put the document in a safe place when you expect to lose it (like a safe deposit box) and go on with your life. Don't forget the date of your oath appointment !!!

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I lost my N- 645, My girl friend missplaced it and we were not able to locate the damn paper. however when I recieved my oath letter, all what it said to bring to the oath ceremony is the oath letter, green card or any other immigration documents, did not mention the N-645, Iam assuming the N-645 is just needed to enquire on your case status if you did not receive you oath letter within time frame of 4 to 6 weeks. Iam not worried about it at this point since they did not ask to bring it to the oath ceremony.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Only important thing about that interview paper is that it has the name of your IO on it that you can't read anyway. Also says to contact that IO if you have any questions that is next to impossible to do. So all in all that paper is worthless. It may serve a purpose if you have never received your oath letter as proof that you did indeed have your interview and did indeed pass it.

Wife's went in the immigration file when we got home and stayed there. If you want to lose something important, lose your green card, cannot get your certificate without it.

Filed: Other Timeline

Batmankiller-If you lost the interview results letter...(though why anyone would lose that is beyond me..lol..(unless they were robbed on the way out of their interview...that might be an excuse....lol...)

Maybe you can request for another one? Try asking for an infopass apointment and see if you can help you further there.....

But as others have said...If you have the oath letter (which 99% of all approved citizenship cases get in the mail a few days/weeks later for an oath ceremony date and time)...then the interview results letter is not important...

Unless you want a copy of it for your memories and/or immigration paperwork collection...

If you don't get your oath letter (like in my situation for a private ceremony where I got a phone call instead...the 1% exception to the rule), then yes, an interview letter is important to have/keep until the oath ceremony, as that is the only paperwork proof that I had for being eligible for the oath ceremony.

Otherwise, if you have the oath ceremony letter, before you oath, then that is all you need for the oath ceremony.

Oh and don't forget your green card either...don't lose that! As you need it for the oath ceremony....

Good luck....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.