웃

Religious Beliefs - Fact or Fiction

142 posts in this topic

So what you're saying is that whatever I don't have specific expertise in is the work of god? :wacko:

You do know that I'm agnostic right? I'm saying we dont have the answers.

Maybe you have problems with this but I don't have any issues with my comprehension of this at all...

So your hanging your hat on faith?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe you have problems with this but I don't have any issues with my comprehension of this at all...

Exactly. I suggest you do some reading and maybe learn a thing or two - you'd be surprised

how much "we as humans" do know about the universe.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

How did something come from nothing? How is the universe able to expand if there is nothing beyond it? There is things that we as humans cant comprehend.

this is simple simpson. some sh!t blew up Xmillion/billions of years ago. said sh!t stuck together in different quantities. everything is a fungus that grew from said sh!t that is now stuck together. then....ahh ** it read the cliff notes.

cliff notes: about 20 people here on VJ & all 50 of their facebook friends are smarter than the rest of the world that believes in a higher power of some sort.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

huh? I think you got the wrong person.

No confusion here. You said the following:

How did something come from nothing? How is the universe able to expand if there is nothing beyond it? There is things that we as humans cant comprehend.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is simple simpson. some sh!t blew up Xmillion/billions of years ago. said sh!t stuck together in different quantities. everything is a fungus that grew from said sh!t that is now stuck together. then....ahh ** it read the cliff notes.

cliff notes: about 20 people here on VJ & all 50 of their facebook friends are smarter than the rest of the world that believes in a higher power of some sort.

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Now I never said I believed in the Big Bang. What I am saying is that we dont have the answers and Im not going to take a side until there is some scientific proof or I experience a divine intervention.

No confusion here. You said the following:

My point being was that there is a lot of things we cant comprehend. How can we as humans say that there is a god or there isn't.

Also when you speak of the "rest of the world" in the way you did I think it hurts your point considering how the religious beliefs conflict.

Filed: Timeline

Now I never said I believed in the Big Bang. What I am saying is that we dont have the answers and Im not going to take a side until there is some scientific proof or I experience a divine intervention.

sorry for the misunderstanding. i wasn't directing it at you. it was meant to be directed at the people that call god, allah, moses etc. 'the flying spaghetti monster' or what ever stupid sh!t it is today.

Also when you speak of the "rest of the world" in the way you did I think it hurts your point considering how the religious beliefs conflict.

thats why i said 'a higher power of some sort'

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

As long as you aren't bothering me, I don't care what you believe. The world might run a little friendlier if everyone held that view, it's too bad most of religion is all about getting into other peoples business.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

sorry for the misunderstanding. i wasn't directing it at you. it was meant to be directed at the people that call god, allah, moses etc. 'the flying spaghetti monster' or what ever stupid sh!t it is today.

Oh I see I thought it was directly focused on me.

I agree, I find it ridiculous when people want to criticize religious people while supporting a theory that has more questions than answers.

Scientists do not pretend to know everything about everything, in fact the awe of not knowing is what drives them forward in many ways. However, just because scientists do not know (collectively) all the answers, does not mean we have to fill in the blanks with ######. In fact, filling in the blanks with ###### does us as a species a disservice. That does not mean that those who want to pray, or believe in a spiritual dimension can not, or should not do so - that's fine, it can even be positive; just so long as none of the belief systems creep into what should be secular life.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Scientists do not pretend to know everything about everything, in fact the awe of not knowing is what drives them forward in many ways. However, just because scientists do not know (collectively) all the answers, does not mean we have to fill in the blanks with ######. In fact, filling in the blanks with ###### does us as a species a disservice. That does not mean that those who want to pray, or believe in a spiritual dimension can not, or should not do so - that's fine, it can even be positive; just so long as none of the belief systems creep into what should be secular life.

What gets me is how strongly some scientists stand up for something they really know very little about all the while criticizing religious people for there religious beliefs.

Edited by _Simpson_