Rap

DS3032 Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yup - notices here about it 'working', in the past, so go ahead and try !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Just To Confirm Your Question:

• YES! The DS-3032 can be sent from the petitioner's email. NVC's primary concern is that they receive the required forms. They don't examine if the email came from the petitioner, beneficiary / applicant, or from a third party (third party in this case meaning a visa consulting agent or attorney or other person representing the applicant). AS LONG AS one of the three emails I mentioned has been properly listed with NVC ('properly' meaning that the email addresses have been told to NVC - usually in one of your phone calls to them - and NVC has it officially listed in their system as such).
    NOTE: Just like notifying NVC if you have a change of address along the way of the process, So too is the same about email addresses. If you change it, be sure to let NVC know, otherwise, you will miss any important forthcoming information.

• YOU CAN'T send documents via email from just any email address (i.e. a friends, co-workers or someone else's email address).

• A SPECIAL NOTE: FOR THOSE PROCESSING VIA ELECTRONIC PROCESSING:

Any of the documents that are submitted (i.e. Applicant's DS230 + civil docs / Petitioner's I864 + financial docs / etc) can be sent from any of the email addresses (petitioner's / applicant's / or third party agent / attorney).

FOR EXAMPLE:

Let's say you (petitioner) helped your spouse (applicant / beneficiary) prepare the DS-230 from the US. Then, emailed it to your spouse, in their country, for them to review, print and sign. Then, your spouse wants to make sure they signed and dated it correctly. So they scan the document into PDF format and email it back it to you. You look at it and see everything is fine.

AT THIS POINT: You CAN just send it directly from your email (i.e. there is no need or requirement that you tell your spouse to send it to NVC from their email). It is perfectly acceptable to send it from yours. This is also true even if you have a third party agent or attorney. While NVC may direct most of their emails to the third party agent, there is NO requirement that return emails come from the third party / attorney email address.

DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE IN ALL DOCUMENT SENDING: 1) The Document Cover Sheet sent to you by NVC + 2) Your own cover sheet (or in your email body) a brief explanation and list of itemized contents (documents) you are sending.

The above information was a topic that I did specific research on AND confirmed with multiple NVC supervisors while conducting a random survey at different dates and times.

Hope this information is helpful to everyone.

Best Wishes and Good Luck,

~Bleauwolf

Edited by Bleauwolf

You can email scans of all of the AOS paperwork and IV packets to NVC? I haven't heard that before. I thought those forms and documents had to be sent snailmail. They ask for original documents such as Marriage Cert, Police report, etc. How is it that you can send scans of those?

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Timeline

You can email scans of all of the AOS paperwork and IV packets to NVC? I haven't heard that before. I thought those forms and documents had to be sent snailmail. They ask for original documents such as Marriage Cert, Police report, etc. How is it that you can send scans of those?

If it's an electronic processing case, at NVC, then yes, sure - no problem. To see if you and/or yer country qualifies, please refer to http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4411.html

I really think you 'missed' the header, which was A SPECIAL NOTE: FOR THOSE PROCESSING VIA ELECTRONIC PROCESSING: . You'd know if you were using it, trust me on that one.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.