Removal of Conditions Problem

54 posts in this topic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I always send them junk mail back in their prepaid envelopes - and not even their own junk! I'll send them coupons for Dominos or something.

:blink:

That's the best idea I've ever heard.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

As to the Removal of Conditions for her 10 year GC, there was no actual interview. We did have to go and get her fingerprints and photo but no interview. Everything was submitted by mail to the USCIS. So no "eyeballing" was done.

You posted this a few posts back so I'm assuming what you meant was you applied for the ROC but there was no actual interview YET - and you still don't have the 10 year GC.

Is that correct?

I think when I read through that post I thought, "How'd he get the 10 year GC already but still has a RFE?" It's possible they "eyeballed" your pictures if you sent any or simply looked at different things in the paperwork and picked something random to go on. It sounds like you pretty much have it cleared up now. Have you responded to the RFE?

That's the best idea I've ever heard.

I've been doing that for years because it absolutely p!ssed me off that companies who were charing me for a service were also soliciting me for another - sometimes totally unrelated - service as well. It would be one thing if they used the money they got from advertising to lower my rates... but they don't. So, I send 'em their junk back. Some of the companies are hip to it so their adverts will be just a tad bigger than the return envelope. No worries, I just fold it or send 'em something else.

Citibank and Capital One are by far my two least favorites. I have my auto account through Citi, and if I'm late, they literally call me a dozen times a day. I've long thought they'd be better off laying off those 12 people that call me and just letting it slide, but hey, they're billionaires for a reason, I guess. (Well, that and the govt. bailed them out. That's neither here nor there.) They act like they need my money so bad but they can afford to call me all the time? And then, to make it worse, to pay over the phone there's a "3rd party fee" to process the payment. Yeah, like I'm going to pay $15 extra for someone else to process the payment when you pay people to call me 24/7. And then they add the adverts. If they have "sponsors" for their mail department, why am I going to pay anything extra at all to get them their money any quicker? Hey, I'm sponsored too!

And Capital One? Oh man. I get stuff from them, literally, five times a week. Makes good filler for Citi!

I'd been doing it for a while just because I'd reached that point where I was "stuffing it to the man" and then I saw Andy Rooney talking about it on 60 Minutes one night. "Hey, he got that from me!" I was glad he was putting it out there though, it would be nice for big business to use courtesy and respect like they used to back when a simple transaction was simple and didn't require sifting through seven pieces of junk to find the bill.

Maybe someday I'll be the first junk mailer to make millions in Russia. It's an untapped market!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You posted this a few posts back so I'm assuming what you meant was you applied for the ROC but there was no actual interview YET - and you still don't have the 10 year GC.

Is that correct?

I think when I read through that post I thought, "How'd he get the 10 year GC already but still has a RFE?" It's possible they "eyeballed" your pictures if you sent any or simply looked at different things in the paperwork and picked something random to go on. It sounds like you pretty much have it cleared up now. Have you responded to the RFE?

Yes, we still have no 10 year GC. As required by USCIS, we filed for ROC 3 months prior to her second year anniversary in the USA. Typically, you send in evidence of a real marriage and receive a decision in favor of a 10 year GC. There is usually no interview for ROC as with the AOS process. As I said, you do need to get finger prints and photos but no interview under normal situations. I suppose it is possible we could move to an interview if our additional evidence is not satisfactory but I'm unsure what will happen if that occurs. Of course, it is my intention to send so much paper evidence plus photos to prevent that from happening.

We will respond to the RFE soon. We have until Sept 11 to reply.

Typically, you send in evidence of a real marriage and receive a decision in favor of a 10 year GC. There is usually no interview for ROC as with the AOS process.

Is that typical even for IR/CR applicants as well?

The K-1 process being what it is, most who do the initial GC with conditions do have an interview. So far, you guys haven't had a single contact with USCIS other than biometrics, right?

Maybe they just want to see you "behind the wall" this time.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is that typical even for IR/CR applicants as well?

The K-1 process being what it is, most who do the initial GC with conditions do have an interview. So far, you guys haven't had a single contact with USCIS other than biometrics, right?

Maybe they just want to see you "behind the wall" this time.

For CR-1, YES. For IR-1 NO. IR-1 means you have already been married for 2 years or more when the visa was filed for. They will be issued a 10 year green card. If you have been married for LESS than 2 years when the visa is issued, it will be a CR-1 with the subsequent obligation to file for removal of conditions.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

For CR-1, YES. For IR-1 NO. IR-1 means you have already been married for 2 years or more when the visa was filed for. They will be issued a 10 year green card. If you have been married for LESS than 2 years when the visa is issued, it will be a CR-1 with the subsequent obligation to file for removal of conditions.

So they "buy it" if you've been married for two years already? What a load of BS, especially coming from Russia where you can "make documents" showing just about anything you want. Hell, if I would've known that, I would've "married" my wife in Korea back in '00 and applied for IR-1 back in '05. Man, we could've been "married" for 10 years already!

On second thought....

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So they "buy it" if you've been married for two years already? What a load of BS, especially coming from Russia where you can "make documents" showing just about anything you want. Hell, if I would've known that, I would've "married" my wife in Korea back in '00 and applied for IR-1 back in '05. Man, we could've been "married" for 10 years already!

On second thought....

Yeah...you might have "made" divorce papers for 2003. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yeah...you might have "made" divorce papers for 2003. :lol:

You make a good point.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.