MelissaJulian

How long is it currently taking UK people to get their P3?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We finally got our NOA2 last week, and our case is now at the NVC. :) How long have people waited between the case leaving the NVC and actually getting the P3? My fiance has already applied for his ACPO certificate and has his long form birth certificate, so he is ready to fill out the forms and send them off as soon he gets the P3. But how long will we have to wait? A couple of weeks? A month? I am so confused! :wacko:

Thanks! :)

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Melissa,

If you check out this link from Sundrop:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/250067-between-noa2-and-interview-2010/page__p__3843793#entry3843793

I believe it gives a few tips and tricks to hurry things along. I believe (and I could be mistaken) that Julian can print the forms in advance based off of a link of this list, and have it ready to go in the mail as soon as he receives the P3. I also believe he can call and schedule his medical now that the case is at the NVC...or no, he has to wait until it actually goes to London.

I hope that helps a bit.

Oh and see my signature for our time line on that front.

Edited by Rob and Jill

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Timeline

Wow, Jill! That was SO helpful! If we are on the same schedule as you, it could be under two weeks from now. Wow. FINALLY things are moving! I will get Julian to get our LON number like SunDrop says so he can schedule the medical now, and tell him to get some new passport pictures too. He really just wants to get everything ready so that as soon as he gets the P3 he can send it back the same day. I am getting ready to move into our new home in about 4 weeks and it would be great to know when I can expect him to join me. :)

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

:rolleyes:

You wanted to say something Jules?

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well, everything went smoothly for us until we hit the P3 and then we had a few issues. Just note that we are still waiting on an interview date even though we have confirmed London has received his P3 paperwork and they received it the week of July 19th.

Also, I would advise him to start looking at his shot records. Rob was able to get everything he needed over there except for the Chicken Pox vaccine. Ask him to go to his regular doctor and get all of that handled if he needs to before his medical as it costs extra there.

Lastly, get any eye doctor appointments, dental, appointments, and basic care stuff knocked out while he is over there! If you are quitting your job, he won't immediately have access to insurance here, (and you should do this too before you quit your job!!!!)!!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

He'll need to get US size passport photos and he doesn't need to submit them until the actual interview. I think that he may need a pp photo for the medical but that doesn't have to be US size. Your fiance can download and fill out all the forms now and book his medical. All he needs is his LON number.

Good luck.

Timeline

Yes. Isn't it about time you two learned to research for yourselves?

Why? Except for you, everyone here seems to be quite helpful.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Why? Except for you, everyone here seems to be quite helpful.

It's not just Julez, I think you two should start doing some more of the work for yourselves too. Perhaps if Melissa spent less time whining on her blog she'd have time to do some research.

Timeline

It's not just Julez, I think you two should start doing some more of the work for yourselves too. Perhaps if Melissa spent less time whining on her blog she'd have time to do some research.

Undoubtedly you've done ALL your own research, and handled everything about your immigration process yourself. You never had to ask a question here, did you? Which of course begs the question, 'what are you even doing here?' If you espouse researching all your own information, then you have no reason to post here. And if your reason for being here is to help others, then stop telling us to do our own research and just provide the answers people are looking for. As I said, it doesn't make sense to do all of our own research if people who have gone before can answer. It saves time for everyone now, doesn't it?

By the by, your attack on Melissa was completely unwarranted.

Edited by JulianMelissa

Timeline

Typical. The so-called entitled are always is search of yet more entitlement.

Yes I agree, you seem to think that everyone is 'entitled' to your opinion.

Timeline

Thanks Jill and Y&E. Your help is really appreciated. I have been researching more, but I guess I wanted up to date information on how long people are waiting for their P3s. I guess Julian can now see that he needs to go get his shots too.

And I am not quitting my job! :star:

Julez, I am really trying to just keep my head down here and not ask too many dumb questions any more since I always get attacked when I do.

Edited by MelissaJulian

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.