JenAndBabs

Medical exam in Ghana (K-1)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some of us have been wondering about forms needed for medical. I called the Akai House Clinic in Accra and they were very helpful with information about the required medical exams.

They told me that the only thing my fiance has to bring is his passport (and passport photos I think). No special form. They also said the cost will be 380 ghana cedis, and they said that includes vaccinations (although I'm not sure if that can be true, since maybe not everyone will need the same vaccinations).

The number for the clinic in the information the embassy gave out is wrong! The area codes have changed. If you want to call, the number for Akai House Clinic is: 233-302-784-772

Jen and Babs

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

They told my fiance it did not include vaccines. He is going Friday- So i will let people know as soon as I hear anything...If it does I am not complaining and if it doesnt I wont either- because it would be much more here!

Thanks for your info- we will see Friday I guess!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

They told my fiance it did not include vaccines. He is going Friday- So i will let people know as soon as I hear anything...If it does I am not complaining and if it doesnt I wont either- because it would be much more here!

Thanks for your info- we will see Friday I guess!

I'll be looking for your reply, because I was told on three different occasions (once when I was there in the ofc) that 380 cedis covers all vaccinations and the medical exam. Keep us posted.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You usually have to go back to get a second dose of I believe Hep B. I have heard this from a few Ghana people...

Also you have to pick up your results. Which if the first is true- hopefully you can do it on the same trip....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.