harry09

urgent help needed family name issue

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi every one . i m desperately looking for some help. please help me

i hv applied for my hubby 3 months for ir1 visa , but now we found tat in some of my hubby cival documents (marriage and passport ) his family name is mentioned while in others (birth certificate) family name is not mentioned . i m sooo much worried regarding this , no clue what to do ???? we have not recived any RFE yet..... can anyone suggest me what to do

You already applied? Or you are preparing to apply?

If you already applied and the documents do not match then you will probably get an RFE or be denied.

If you have not yet applied then you need to go to whatever official office for those documents and have them corrected before you apply.

Either way, they need to be corrected so that they match.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You already applied? Or you are preparing to apply?

First sentence second paragraph of OP's post: "i hv applied for my hubby 3 months for ir1 visa"

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

i hv already applied , can u tell wt shud i do

actually he was using his name without family name from his childhood ,he added family name for passport SO can we give affidavit that both names are of same person....

thanx for valuable replies ,

give me some more replies please...........

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i hv already applied , can u tell wt shud i do

actually he was using his name without family name from his childhood ,he added family name for passport SO can we give affidavit that both names are of same person....

thanx for valuable replies ,

give me some more replies please...........

I was in a similar situation but it was with a spelling of my name... on my BC my name is spelled Melodie but on my SSC is is spelled Melody, so if you look at my passport it would have a different spelling than on all the tax information I submitted for the AOS... Now what you should of done was when fillin out the I-130 and it asked for all names used you should of listed all his names... I didnt think to list my other spelling of my name so I called the NVC and asked an Operator what to do... at their suggestion, I typed a letter stating why there was a difference in the spelling <I said my Momma was crazy and she thought that Melodie would jinx me into an untimely death, so she changed it to Melody on my SSC :D and then I attached a copy of my BC and SSC I sent this in when I sent in my I-864 AOS package...

IMO, I would do the same, just send in a letter with a copy of all the documents behind it <only send it in if you get an RFE or you have another package to send in like AOS or IV... I wouldnt send it in just to send it in>

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

I was in a similar situation but it was with a spelling of my name... on my BC my name is spelled Melodie but on my SSC is is spelled Melody, so if you look at my passport it would have a different spelling than on all the tax information I submitted for the AOS... Now what you should of done was when fillin out the I-130 and it asked for all names used you should of listed all his names... I didnt think to list my other spelling of my name so I called the NVC and asked an Operator what to do... at their suggestion, I typed a letter stating why there was a difference in the spelling <I said my Momma was crazy and she thought that Melodie would jinx me into an untimely death, so she changed it to Melody on my SSC :D and then I attached a copy of my BC and SSC I sent this in when I sent in my I-864 AOS package...

IMO, I would do the same, just send in a letter with a copy of all the documents behind it <only send it in if you get an RFE or you have another package to send in like AOS or IV... I wouldnt send it in just to send it in>

Dear Friends thanks for replying to my post...

now my question is tat should we contact uscis to inform them about this OR wait for RFE to come then reply .......... please help me ...... i need help of you guys...i m sooo worried .... please give more comments

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear Friends thanks for replying to my post...

now my question is tat should we contact uscis to inform them about this OR wait for RFE to come then reply .......... please help me ...... i need help of you guys...i m sooo worried .... please give more comments

like Mel said above, do NOT contact them yet. let them RFE you - it is possible they may let it go cuz in many countries (esp India), only the 1st names of the baby are listed in the BC. heck in a lot of cases, they dont even do that and just say either baby boy or baby girl. if you have his parents' names listed properly then you're ok. also, if you're worried, one of the forms of secondary birth evidence is a notarized affidavit from his mother saying that your husband is indeed her son and was born on xx date in xx hospital in xx town, xx city etc etc. another form of evidence is his school leaving certificate, widely used in many places as good evidence. the affidavit you should be easily able to get. so i wouldnt panic yet; chances are good that you're prob ok...i'm curious - are you still in the uscis stage (I-130), or NVC stage (post-uscis approval)? best of luck :thumbs:

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Timeline

like Mel said above, do NOT contact them yet. let them RFE you - it is possible they may let it go cuz in many countries (esp India), only the 1st names of the baby are listed in the BC. heck in a lot of cases, they dont even do that and just say either baby boy or baby girl. if you have his parents' names listed properly then you're ok. also, if you're worried, one of the forms of secondary birth evidence is a notarized affidavit from his mother saying that your husband is indeed her son and was born on xx date in xx hospital in xx town, xx city etc etc. another form of evidence is his school leaving certificate, widely used in many places as good evidence. the affidavit you should be easily able to get. so i wouldnt panic yet; chances are good that you're prob ok...i'm curious - are you still in the uscis stage (I-130), or NVC stage (post-uscis approval)? best of luck :thumbs:

dear friend thanx a lot for your valuable information. i m still in uscis stage , i will follow ur guide line ....................

again thanx

Timeline

dear friend thanx a lot for your valuable information. i m still in uscis stage , i will follow ur guide line ....................

again thanx

one thing more if i got escape from USCIS.... should i make clear to NVC abt both these names .... should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230..... still more help needed can any clarify me........ please

some more replies

Timeline

one thing more if i got escape from USCIS.... should i make clear to NVC abt both these names .... should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230..... still more help needed can any clarify me........ please

some more replies

hi friends, good news for me tat i got approval from USCIS............. PLEASE TELL ME WT SHUD I DO ...........

should i make clear to NVC abt both these names .... should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230..... still more help needed can any clarify me........ please

some more replies

Edited by harry09

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

hi friends, good news for me tat i got approval from USCIS............. PLEASE TELL ME WT SHUD I DO ...........

should i make clear to NVC abt both these names .... should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230..... still more help needed can any clarify me........ please

some more replies

First of all, Congratulations for your approval!

At NVC stage, fill the complete name, because this is the name printed on the Green Card.

Also, please fill your timeline in VJ.

Loto

Edited by LotOfPatience

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

First of all, Congratulations for your approval!

At NVC stage, fill the complete name, because this is the name printed on the Green Card.

Also, please fill your timeline in VJ.

Loto

Thanx loto,

Now my question is should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230....

thanx for replying in advance

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanx loto,

Now my question is should my hubby put the name ( without family name) in ALL OTHER NAMES USED coloum in ds 230... this will create a difference in g 325 a form and ds 230....

thanx for replying in advance

Technically, that is NOT the other name (it is the same name, but not expanded fully). I suggest you may not have to put it under other names. Just fill the complete name in DS-230.

In my case, I filled middle initial in some forms and full middle name in others and had no issues.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.