soon2batexan

Vancouver Consulate - any recent interviews?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm headed to Vancouver for my K-1 interview in less than two weeks, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has recently had their K-1 interview there? What kind of questions do they ask?

I keep reading that the staff are very friendly (which has been my experience as well when e-mailing) and that they don't really ask many questions. My American Fiancé will be coming to the interview with me, and we're bringing phone bills, e-mails, boarding passes, and photos so hopefully that helps.

I guess I just have a slight bit of pre-interview jitters.

Thanks!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not an AOS topic -- moving to Canada Forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just bring everything you have for documentation, even if you don't think you need it.

When we went to do our children's register of birth abroad appts, something just said "bring your spouses I130 application and documentation too." Guess I'd call it divine intervention. As the person at the window asked for further documentation on my years in the US, I had it, thanks to that last minute decision to bring more than what I thought I'd need with my spouses papers.

Even if something comes up where they need more, they will still be respectful. There was one time I was feeling a bit frustrated with them, but didn't let it show. Looking back if I would have expressed my frustration, it likely could have not helped with the outcome. They seemed happy to offer suggestions of what they were looking for, school records, tax reports, etc in my case.

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

My link

Here is my review from Vancouver :)

It was just so easy and as long as you have everything there with you all your paperwork filled out properly and evdience you are golden!

They didnt ask to see any of my evidence as you will read but I came over prepared and I would suggest you do the same!

Dont worry you will do great :thumbs:

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

Thanks Meggy!

Did you have any issues bringing car keys into the Consulate? I know most electronic devices are prohibited, and I'm thinking those little keyless entry fobs may fall into that category. I'd rather not leave my car keys in my luggage, so I'm hoping they'll allow it.

Also, what was your experience with going back to the clinic to pick up your medical results? Did you have any issues when dropping them off back at the Consulate? I'm sure they're used to the process, but I'm not sure who I need to give the results to, what I need to tell the guard, etc.

I appreciate the link to your review - very helpful! My Fiance will be coming to the interview with me, so hopefully they view that as a helpful piece of evidence ;).

I think I remember reading you moved to Ohio?? My mom is originally from Dover/Canton area..hope you're liking it! I've never been but hope to visit someday.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't have any experience with this yet but just wanted to wish you luck and can't wait to hear how it goes!!

**Charity**

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.