Immigrant11

RFE For I130!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi Everybody , we just got a RFE for our i130 after 4 months since we got the NOA1, it's about getting a Marriage certificate signed by the Tunisian authority and foreign affairs , and we just sent it , but i got a hand written certificate , im worry if it will be a problem because maybe they are used to the regular Marriage certificate from the municipalities in Tunisia which is similar to the birth certificate , i want to know if anyone had a HAND WRITTEN Marriage certificate from Tunisia??? and if anybody thinks that this can affect the RFE..Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Awww man! Sorry to hear that. I hope that this can be taken care of quickly!

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

Hi Everybody , we just got a RFE for our i130 after 4 months since we got the NOA1, it's about getting a Marriage certificate signed by the Tunisian authority and foreign affairs , and we just sent it , but i got a hand written certificate , im worry if it will be a problem because maybe they are used to the regular Marriage certificate from the municipalities in Tunisia which is similar to the birth certificate , i want to know if anyone had a HAND WRITTEN Marriage certificate from Tunisia??? and if anybody thinks that this can affect the RFE..Thank you

I dont know about Tunisia but i know thant in Indonesia, where my wedding took place, there are several different types of wedding certificates, for example (translated) certificate of explanation of marriage, marriage certificate, etc etc, plus there are certificates of the religious ceremony. In Indonesia there are only two that the US will accept and of those two, only one that is valid for a Indonesian citizen marrying with a citizen of another country, the US for example.

My wife and I had three before we actually got the one we needed, challenges of a small village in our situation.

There is a place somewhere on the USCIS website(i think uscis, not sure) where you can look up the necessary documents for immigration by country, not sure where it is, i wil try to find it but in the meantime maybe somone else who knows where it is can post a link.

Good luck, I'm sorry to hear about your RFE

In case it helps, i will tell you that for us, i had already left the country and many people told us that we couldn't get the certificate while i wasnt there to recieve it but after being persistent we were able to by me signing a power of attorney over to my wife.

For us, the trick was to go to the civil office in the biggest town in the regency.

I-130 filed for IR-1 CR-1 Immigrant visa, Spouse residing overseas

dec ** 2007 first met

Feb 01 2010 married in Bali

July 30 2010 NOA 1

Aug 02 2010 $355fee Check cleared

Nov 03 2010 I-130 transferred to TSC

Feb 16 2011 NOA 2, I-130 approved

mar 5 2011 recieved case #

i may be mistaken about the uscis website having that wedding certificate by country info, the only thing i could find was this info from the us embassy in tunisia :

If you are filing a petition for a spouse…

The Embassy cannot accept any petition in which one or both spouses are under the age of eighteen (18).

You may need your marriage decree issued by the Tunisian or Libyan government (religious documents are insufficient evidence of relationship).

You may need proof of termination of any prior marriages.

the tunisia us embassy website is here: http://tunisia.usembassy.gov/file_a_petition.html

dec ** 2007 first met

July 30 2010 NOA 1

ah, found some more:

Marriage Certificates

Available for all marriages celebrated in Tunisia on or after August 1, 1957, regardless of the race, religion, or nationality of the contracting parties. They are obtainable from the Office of the Registrar (Bureau de l'Etat-Civil) where the marriage was performed.

Marriages which took place prior to August 1, 1957 - With regard to Tunisian Moslems or Tunisian Jews: If the marriage was celebrated before the magistrate in charge of the Office of the Registrar, application should be made to the office (Bureau de L'Etat-Civil) where the marriage took place. If the marriage was celebrated by a Cadi or a Rabbi or before two Moslem or Rabbinical notaries, the parties may apply for their marriage certificates or notarial acts to the Tribunal of First Instance of the place where the marriage took place.

With regard to persons of European descent: If their marriage was celebrated before the magistrate in charge of the Office of the Registrar, application should be made to the office (Bureau de l'Etat-Civil) where their marriage took place. If the marriage was celebrated by the Controleur Civil, the marriage record may be obtained from the French Consulate General in Tunis.

The Prelature of Tunis maintains records of all Catholic marriages celebrated in Tunisia.

-------------------------

hopefully that helps

here is the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3691

dec ** 2007 first met

July 30 2010 NOA 1

Timeline

Komang I appreciate so much your help ,your informations are very useful, Thank you so much my friend:)

i hope they will respond soon ,, do you have any idea about the timeline of responses for I130's RFEs??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You will be getting the RFE in the mail with written instructions on what they want very soon, maybe weithin a week.

Even if the RFE does not mention anything about Marriage Certificates, it is a good idea to go ahead and follow the Marriage Certificate rules that komang pointed you towards. You will need to submit the type of Marriage Certificate from the office of the registrar in order to move past the NVC phase.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Timeline

When you married there was a hand written certificate in French from the big book that the baladyia keeps. You get a copy of that ; one in French and one in Arabic.

Usually the day after the marriage, you can go back to the baladyia and get the stamped official copy.

We sent copies to USCIS with our I 130 of ALL certificates. Also we sent a copy of the translated French certificate. We used Mohsen Beldi on rue De Grece in Tunis (by the train station)

Did you mail them the original or a copy? Did you mail it in Arabic or French? Did you include a translation (copy of a translation) with one of the certificates.

Even the hand written certificate from the baladyia's book (whether in French or Arabic) gets several blue stamps at the bottom of the municipality, region, and beladyia's name.

We did not receive an RFE for including the hand written certificates.

When it doubt, it's best to give them a copy of everything and let them decide which one they want to use.

Timeline

Hi, we sent the copies , cos we wanted to reply as fast as we can , so i scanned the handwritten certificate from the municipality stamped by the State office and foreign affairs in french and it's translation and e-mailed them to my wife ..

also they didn't say they ask for original copies.but sometimes i get confused about that.now what is done is done..we just wait for God's help and their decision ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.