8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

my husband could've lost his job :( (still not sure if he did,he's waiting for confirmation) and we're about a month away from getting our NOA2 and starting NVC process!my questions are:

1)Would they care about that,since we will have 2 co-sponsers?

2)what if he can't get a new job in time of the interview or like USCIS knew he worked but when NVC checks,he isn't anymore,would they think we have lied about him working or they can know we lost it or what?

3)and that also,that means he can't come to the interview with me,and might not be able to come take me back(he didn't want me travelling internationally alone,but for him to come and take me and go back now would just be like him throwing out a 1000 dollars in the air),i'd have to go there alone,would the POE be mean that he isn't travelling with me? :(

Thanks for your help!and Goodluck with your journey!

Edited by lovesherhubby

1. If your co-sponsors meet the requirement, this shouldn't be a problem.

2. You can always prove to NVC that he had a job with the said company. It's called Proof of Employment. There ought to be also a Proof of Termination, commonly known as "pink slip."

3. Petitioner being at the interview is strictly optional; as is being with you at Point of Entry. If you can manage alone, why should you waste $1,000 even if your spouse had the job and the money? The immigrant officers at any stage of the process are perfectly capable of being mean for no good reason even if your spouse is travelling with you. It just depends on the officer and the political climate and how awful of a day said officer is having.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Timeline

1. If your co-sponsors meet the requirement, this shouldn't be a problem.

2. You can always prove to NVC that he had a job with the said company. It's called Proof of Employment. There ought to be also a Proof of Termination, commonly known as "pink slip."

3. Petitioner being at the interview is strictly optional; as is being with you at Point of Entry. If you can manage alone, why should you waste $1,000 even if your spouse had the job and the money? The immigrant officers at any stage of the process are perfectly capable of being mean for no good reason even if your spouse is travelling with you. It just depends on the officer and the political climate and how awful of a day said officer is having.

I think they do meet the requirement:)i wanna ask though,you said the petitioner being there is optional,but wouldn't they work me over in the interview or POE for him not being there?even though it's optional?would they like deny me or put us under AP just for that?!Thank you for your reply:)and Goodluck with your journey:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think they do meet the requirement:)i wanna ask though,you said the petitioner being there is optional,but wouldn't they work me over in the interview or POE for him not being there?even though it's optional?would they like deny me or put us under AP just for that?!Thank you for your reply:)and Goodluck with your journey:)

From what I have read it always looks better if the petitioner is there, however I have heard of people being denied/put into AP even when the petitioner was present so that really doesn't make a difference. Even if he can attend the interview with you I would still make sure you have plenty of evidence to prove your relationship. Also, I have heard of 2-3 other women go thru Cairo and were approved without any problems. Personally I think it is mostly the men that have a hard time at this embassy and experience long AP times, but that is just my observation.

Good Luck!!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

The petitioner has to file the I864 if he's using co-sponsor. The co-sponsors will file variant of I864, which I believe is Form I864A.

It makes sense that men from Middle East or other Muslim countries are put through extra scrutiny considering the current geopolitical realities of the world. It may not be fair but it’s the way things go. A man from Yemen for example will have far harder time than would a girl from Japan. Just example. Don't read too much into this.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Timeline

From what I have read it always looks better if the petitioner is there, however I have heard of people being denied/put into AP even when the petitioner was present so that really doesn't make a difference. Even if he can attend the interview with you I would still make sure you have plenty of evidence to prove your relationship. Also, I have heard of 2-3 other women go thru Cairo and were approved without any problems. Personally I think it is mostly the men that have a hard time at this embassy and experience long AP times, but that is just my observation.

Good Luck!!!

Thank you so much for your reply:)Goodluck with your journey :)

Timeline

The petitioner has to file the I864 if he's using co-sponsor. The co-sponsors will file variant of I864, which I believe is Form I864A.

It makes sense that men from Middle East or other Muslim countries are put through extra scrutiny considering the current geopolitical realities of the world. It may not be fair but it’s the way things go. A man from Yemen for example will have far harder time than would a girl from Japan. Just example. Don't read too much into this.

Thank you for your reply again:)and Goodluck with your journey:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.