Michael and Ivy

proff of current income?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy lost my employment letter i guess they dont seem to have it, but they have my check stubs but that is not enough,it looks like we are denied now. they did say Ivy could bring a copy of the employement letter but that was not proof of substained income so what is?

I asked if i could get interview with someone and they say no!What do i do now?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did Ivy go back to the Embassy with any other evidence, to hand carry in, after interview day?

I read yer other topic - I sense much confusion on your part.

If you are a W-2 employee - you need to get a letter of employment, also show pay stubs.

If you are self-employed, then usually an audited income statement from a CPAs office trumps all silliness.

re: tax returns - get the tax transcripts for 2009 via fax, then send them to Ivy.

as to 'being denied now' - that really connotes that Ivy went back with new stuff, yes?

Did she, or didn't she ?

Check out yer prior topic, is some stuff for you to review, as well.

FWIW, the I-134 is hand-carried on Interview Day, is never any concept of 'Embassy had it' - as IVY had it, instead. If you sent it in with the I-129F, sorry, that was a mistake - IVY should have had a complete I-134 in hand, on interview day. The Embassy doesn't lose stuff that it doesn't have.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

SHe hand carry the I 134 they lost my 2009 income tax return, she carry the tax return back to them on friday after the interview. but now they dont have my employement letter. and say im below the income guideline.I was self employed until this year for the last 10 years

But now i make 3 times more than the income level, so i dont understand whats going on.They told me we was denied because of my last years income, They say they need proof of current substained income and maybe they reconsider.Ivy is carrying back a copy of the employment letter today.

Timeline

Hi,

It's not a denial letter. they only want you to submit those things that they need. I think she might be given a 221g or blue slip.

They need your current sustained income, submit at least 6 months of your paychecks and employment letter stating your hire date/ job description / full-time employee / hourly rate. that's the best evidence you can bring. and it's going to be good!

after you have all the documents, submit it to the embassy from 1-2 pm mondays to fridays and wait for the result at least 2 weeks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did Ivy receive a denial letter in the mail? If not, you haven't been denied. The Embassy just wants to assure that you have sufficient evidence for them to base their decision on. Like the others have said, supply the missing documents and then wait for at least 10 working days. That's what I did. Pay checks/pay stubs are the best form of evidence you can give to prove that your present income is above the required amount. Jordan's '09 income was extremely low since he was unemployed last year but the consul was able to see past it. Submit another Employment Letter to appease them and then continue to check on the status of your case.

Good luck!

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

SHe hand carry the I 134 they lost my 2009 income tax return, she carry the tax return back to them on friday after the interview. but now they dont have my employement letter. and say im below the income guideline.I was self employed until this year for the last 10 years

But now i make 3 times more than the income level, so i dont understand whats going on.They told me we was denied because of my last years income, They say they need proof of current substained income and maybe they reconsider.Ivy is carrying back a copy of the employment letter today.

Alas - now it smells like the document screener just tossed the I-134 errata docs. Which of course, sucks.

That's the ONLY way, that I can think of, for the Embassy to 'lose' this stuff, as it's supposed to be hand carried, given hand-to-hand, (Ivy's hand to the document screener's hand), on interview day.

'sustained income' is 2 parts -

1 - employment letter

2 - pay stubs .

Good Luck !

(my apologies if I seem argumentative here)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Alas - now it smells like the document screener just tossed the I-134 errata docs. Which of course, sucks.

That's the ONLY way, that I can think of, for the Embassy to 'lose' this stuff, as it's supposed to be hand carried, given hand-to-hand, (Ivy's hand to the document screener's hand), on interview day.

'sustained income' is 2 parts -

1 - employment letter

2 - pay stubs .

Good Luck !

(my apologies if I seem argumentative here)

They have my pay stubs only missing the employement letter. Ivy told me the pre screen gave her back the first employement letter.The person who she seen today really didnt want to take the employement letter coz he say case is closed, but she convinced him to take it along with her passport back.He say my income was to low but she told him i have a good job now and he took it . So who knows now what they ask for next!

Timeline

Hey guys, can someone tell me what is the income level ? like how much should he should be earning per year? thanks!

It should be above 125% above poverty level, depends on your household size.

refer to this link. I-864, Poverty Guidelines

Easy Solution

Set up a DBA, cost about $10 at your county courthouse

Call a payroll service like ADP and tell and set up payroll for yourself

Get a couple months of payroll stubs and submit that

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.