BigFig94

HAVE A K1 Application at NVC: NOW WHAT?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK now I have my approval for the original application and I received a letter from the NVC giving me a case number and a receipt number for our application. I was reading the time-line posted by EWOK.

My question is do I have to wait for the NVC to send me a form and pay them a fee and then they send my fiancee a form also? Is that the process for a K1 or am I confusing it with something else? The letter says that they will forward the package to Manila and my fiancee will be contacted by the USEM there. Am I missing something? I didn't think we had any paperwork to do until the interview. Thanks again everyone!

5/2006 - We met in Yahoo Political Chat Room

6/2007 - Lost touch although we were friends

1/2009 - Gloria finally contacted me again

2/2010 - Spend two weeks together in the Philippines

6/08/2010 - Sent Application to VSC

6/10/2010 - Application received by USCIS

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/19/2010 - NOA2 Approved!

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

7/23/2010 - Left NVC to USEM

7/25/2010 - USEM Received

7/29/2010 - Letter Sent to Beneficiary

9/28/2010 - Interview Concluded

9/28/2010 - VISA Approved but will not be issued without further NBI Clearance

10/8/2010 - Waiting for word from Embassy on VISA Issuance

10/27/2010 - VISA released to Air 21

10/28/2010 - received VISA in Cebu

11/4/2010 - Flight to New York (JFK)

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC reviews and bundles up the I-129F petition, sends it out to a US Embassy.

And that's about it.

Sure, more stuff to do when US Embassy Manila actually receives the casefile, opens the casefile in Manila -

but for NVC? Nah - that notice is 'informational' only.

If you'd like to read a bit - this is a good piece for 'casefile status' - see

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

NVC reviews and bundles up the I-129F petition, sends it out to a US Embassy.

And that's about it.

Sure, more stuff to do when US Embassy Manila actually receives the casefile, opens the casefile in Manila -

but for NVC? Nah - that notice is 'informational' only.

If you'd like to read a bit - this is a good piece for 'casefile status' - see

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

Good Luck !

Thanks for the reply. I thought what I was thinking was correct but when it comes to government bureaucracy one never knows!

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Timeline

OK now I have my approval for the original application and I received a letter from the NVC giving me a case number and a receipt number for our application. I was reading the time-line posted by EWOK.

My question is do I have to wait for the NVC to send me a form and pay them a fee and then they send my fiancee a form also? Is that the process for a K1 or am I confusing it with something else? The letter says that they will forward the package to Manila and my fiancee will be contacted by the USEM there. Am I missing something? I didn't think we had any paperwork to do until the interview. Thanks again everyone!

This is what I did last year (July '09) for my fiancee (now wife!) for our K1. Unless the rules have drastically changed, this is what you can do.

Once you get the NOA2 (approved), shortly after you will get a letter from the NVC stating your K1 visa has been approved and sent to the appropriate embassy (Manila). This letter will have a case number assigned (example MNL-xxxxxxx). Wait about 7-8 days to allow the embassy to receive the approval package from the NVC. You can then call the embassy (the 1-888 toll number) to schedule an interview. You need to send your fiancee the 134 package for her to take to the interview. Send FEDEX, UPS etc. These are important documents not to be trusted with standard mail, especially the Philippine mail system. Impress to your fiancee the importance and to take special care to keep the 134 package safe/secure. Remember your personal and financial info is in these documents. 1 week or so before the interview she can do the medical and CFO stuff. I did not have to pay the NVC any fees. The embassy does not send out a package to her, it is just a letter. My fiancee did get a letter explaining what she had to bring to the interview.......she got it 2 weeks after her interview! That is the Philippine post office for you. Info what to bring is on the USEM Manila website (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhnv01.html).

I just scanned my copies of the embassy letter, confirmation interview emails etc and emailed them to my fiancee which she just printed out. She needed them for the medical and entrance to the embassy. Make sure she has I.D.

My memory (like my 401K) is shrinking but this should help out.

Best wishes

Timeline

This is what I did last year (July '09) for my fiancee (now wife!) for our K1. Unless the rules have drastically changed, this is what you can do.

Once you get the NOA2 (approved), shortly after you will get a letter from the NVC stating your K1 visa has been approved and sent to the appropriate embassy (Manila). This letter will have a case number assigned (example MNL-xxxxxxx). Wait about 7-8 days to allow the embassy to receive the approval package from the NVC. You can then call the embassy (the 1-888 toll number) to schedule an interview. You need to send your fiancee the 134 package for her to take to the interview. Send FEDEX, UPS etc. These are important documents not to be trusted with standard mail, especially the Philippine mail system. Impress to your fiancee the importance and to take special care to keep the 134 package safe/secure. Remember your personal and financial info is in these documents. 1 week or so before the interview she can do the medical and CFO stuff. I did not have to pay the NVC any fees. The embassy does not send out a package to her, it is just a letter. My fiancee did get a letter explaining what she had to bring to the interview.......she got it 2 weeks after her interview! That is the Philippine post office for you. Info what to bring is on the USEM Manila website (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhnv01.html).

I just scanned my copies of the embassy letter, confirmation interview emails etc and emailed them to my fiancee which she just printed out. She needed them for the medical and entrance to the embassy. Make sure she has I.D.

My memory (like my 401K) is shrinking but this should help out.

Best wishes

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the information. My intention is to be in Manila for the interview and I hope to bring my girl home. I read where you can write a special request to the Consular Officer to get the visa directly from the consulate because I will have plane tickets for both of us. I will also bring an updated package with me to Manila for the interview with all the documents needed for a positive decision. Thanks again!

6/22/2010 - NOA1

7/19/2010 - Touched

7/22/2010 - NVC Received

11/4/2010 - POE JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.