ash10

Package ready but need some advice.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

Dear Group,

I'm a B1/B2 visa holder. I have been reading a lot about applying for AOS and we are almost ready to submit our package soon. I have some few questions and I appreciate your help.

1. Can I submit any original documents like birth or marriage certificates? The instructions say that we should have a “certified official copy”. What does it mean? Do we have to verify any copy somewhere before we send it? Does the USCIS send the original documents back?

2. We are submitting some of our photos together. How many is enough? We have been married for a long time and we have a lot of photos, is it a good idea to send a lot of photos now or is it better to wait until we go for the interview?

3. We have an apartment lease together back home and valid until the end of this year. Is it ok to send this along with photos and affidavit statements or should I bring to the interview only? It is the only document that is not in English. Can I translate it myself and add this statement at the bottom: “I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and

languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled .

Signature “.

Date Typed Name

Address

Is there something else that I should consider or add to the translated copy?

4. I have a short leave from work signed by my employer at home. Should I enclose it with the package to prove that I didn’t intent to immigrate to the US? Or should I keep it for the interview only?

Thank you so much.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Dear Group,

I'm a B1/B2 visa holder. I have been reading a lot about applying for AOS and we are almost ready to submit our package soon. I have some few questions and I appreciate your help.

1. Can I submit any original documents like birth or marriage certificates? The instructions say that we should have a “certified official copy”. What does it mean? Do we have to verify any copy somewhere before we send it? Does the USCIS send the original documents back?

2. We are submitting some of our photos together. How many is enough? We have been married for a long time and we have a lot of photos, is it a good idea to send a lot of photos now or is it better to wait until we go for the interview?

3. We have an apartment lease together back home and valid until the end of this year. Is it ok to send this along with photos and affidavit statements or should I bring to the interview only? It is the only document that is not in English. Can I translate it myself and add this statement at the bottom: “I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and

languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled .

Signature “.

Date Typed Name

Address

Is there something else that I should consider or add to the translated copy?

4. I have a short leave from work signed by my employer at home. Should I enclose it with the package to prove that I didn’t intent to immigrate to the US? Or should I keep it for the interview only?

Thank you so much.

Ok this is what I did and I haven't had a problems as of yet.

Question one is I submitted a certified copy of the marriage licence from the court recorders office where you got married. The Birth Certificate I sent a copy of the original and I had divorce papers I took those to a notary and had them sign off the the copy I made was in fact to the best of there knowledge an original.

Question two I wouldn't send any photos I would just bring them to the interview the package is thick enough without them.

Question three submit your lease but have it translated by a third party so you don't have a problem.

Question four keep it for the interview.

The best advise is to keep it simple and if they want something they will ask for it.

Good Luck.

3-15-10: Got Married

5-22-10: USPS Priority Mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

5-24-10: Package Delivered to USCIS

6-01-10: Three NOA's Recieved

6-03-10: I-485, I-765, & I-130 Touched

6-15-10: I-130 & I-765 Touched

6-30-10: ****No BIOMETRICS Appointment Yet****

7-01-10: ****No Change on USCIS web page******

7-06-10: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Appointment for 7-20-10)

7-20-10: Went to Biometrics Appointment (1 hour early done in 55 minuets)

7-20-10: I-485 Touched

7-21-10: I-485 Touched Again

8-09-10: Interview Letter Received (Appointment for 9-10-10)

9-10-10: Went to Interview at 0915 hours (Short interview only 8 minuits)

9-11-10: No News

9-12-10: No News

9-13-10: No News

9-14-10: No News

9-15-10: Card Ordered for Production on 9-14-10

9-28-10: Card in Mail Box when home!!!

6-19-12: USPS Priority Mail (I-751)

6-21-12: Package Delivered to USCIS

6-25-12: NOA Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

Ok this is what I did and I haven't had a problems as of yet.

Question one is I submitted a certified copy of the marriage licence from the court recorders office where you got married. The Birth Certificate I sent a copy of the original and I had divorce papers I took those to a notary and had them sign off the the copy I made was in fact to the best of there knowledge an original.

Question two I wouldn't send any photos I would just bring them to the interview the package is thick enough without them.

Question three submit your lease but have it translated by a third party so you don't have a problem.

Question four keep it for the interview.

The best advise is to keep it simple and if they want something they will ask for it.

Good Luck.

Are you saying that I should make a copy of the marriage certificate and have it signed in a court here? We got married overseas and the marriage certificate is already in English, do I still need to verified in a US court?

Thank you for your help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Well, if I were you I would get a certified copy of the Marriage certificate from the country you got married in. If you take it to the court here they can send it to the recorders office and have it recorded into the system there and then you can get a certified copy from them. One other option depending on the state you reside you can get a notory to sign off that the copy you made is a copy of the original document. You would need to do a search on google for that one though.

Good Luck :dance:

3-15-10: Got Married

5-22-10: USPS Priority Mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

5-24-10: Package Delivered to USCIS

6-01-10: Three NOA's Recieved

6-03-10: I-485, I-765, & I-130 Touched

6-15-10: I-130 & I-765 Touched

6-30-10: ****No BIOMETRICS Appointment Yet****

7-01-10: ****No Change on USCIS web page******

7-06-10: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (Appointment for 7-20-10)

7-20-10: Went to Biometrics Appointment (1 hour early done in 55 minuets)

7-20-10: I-485 Touched

7-21-10: I-485 Touched Again

8-09-10: Interview Letter Received (Appointment for 9-10-10)

9-10-10: Went to Interview at 0915 hours (Short interview only 8 minuits)

9-11-10: No News

9-12-10: No News

9-13-10: No News

9-14-10: No News

9-15-10: Card Ordered for Production on 9-14-10

9-28-10: Card in Mail Box when home!!!

6-19-12: USPS Priority Mail (I-751)

6-21-12: Package Delivered to USCIS

6-25-12: NOA Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.