spencer12

AOS k-1 SSN problem

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Not sure where to put this, sorry if it’s in the wrong place.

My fiancée arrived in Fort Walton Beach, fl, the 21st of June on a k-1, after about a week we got married and then applied for a SSN. When we applied the women at the counter said that we would have to wait 4 weeks because immigration put in the wrong birth date in the database. After checking back after 4 weeks they still said the same thing was going on.

I called the uscis number and they said they couldn’t do anything and that I had to contact my local immigration office in Jacksonville Florida, however I’m not able to find a number for this office, just an application to appear in person, the office is 5 hours away from us and with me being in the military it’s hard for me to get a day off for that.

My wife needs a SSN to get onto base, she only has a temporary id for a month, when that’s up she won’t be allowed to get back onto base unless she updates her id with her snn.

Anyone have any idea what I can do about this? I’m just running into dead ends.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-05

*touch* 2010-03-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-31

NVC Received : 2010-04-06

NVC Left : 2010-04-06

Consulate Received : 2010-04-13

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-18

Interview Date : 2010-05-15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i'd go back to SSA office, one more time,

and have them look her up again, in the SAVE database,

under her VISA name (not married name)

then if they find her, and the DOB isn't really the issue, apply !

if is still the same issue, will need to set up INFOPASS appointment to meet face to face with someone at yer local USCIS office.

infopass portal here -> https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Good Luck !

(PS - print out this page, take it with you, you might forget about SAVE DATABASE when yer at the SSA office)

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hang on, isn't the SAVE database what gets updated from the information entered at POE (this is why there's all the talk about waiting 2 weeks after POE) could the database be updated by correcting information at a deferred inspection point perhaps? This may be closer than 5 hrs away, and take only a lunch hour...The good news is that the CBP guys actually tend to answer their phone, so hopefully you can not waste too much time.

I think the first thing is to track down the incorrect date of birth - is it right on the visa, and all other documents back from USCIS etc? If it were me, I'd take 15 minutes and carefully examine all papers which might have her DOB and make sure it's right with USCIS. If it is, then an infopass 5 hours away won't do anything for you anyway.

Here is a link to deferred inspection sites:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/deferred_inspection_sites.ctt/deferred_inspection_sites.pdf

Or, you might try just a regular 'ole Port of Entry:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/fl/

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Nik - hey ! CBP secondary inspection point - totally slipped my mind - and yer right - they can fix this kind of stuff !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.