birdnerd

Canadian DCFs Waiting for Interview in Montreal

789 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Housewife,

If you are worried if your mails were lost, you can always call NVC to find out if anything had been mailed to you or the latest status of your application on the database.

NVC ( keeps the log history of applicant files in their database).

202-663-1225 press 1, 0, 0 ( or listen to the prompts)

You will be asked of your case # if you don't you can provide other information.

hope this helps.

Just FYI ...To let you know about my painful waiting ordeal.... I'd been waiting for a new interview date since I postponed mine in January 2010, its been close to 9 months now and yet NIL...

You sure about thatÉ I thought going the DCF route meant you didnt deal with the NVC at all? Bc if there is a way to find out whats going on with our application Id more that happily try it:)

July 8, 2010 Filed I-130 (DCF) Calgary AB

event.png

We went through the DCF Route and after I got the Packet 4, I have a Case Number MTLXXXXXXX and this is what I gave to NVC plus my name and they have a history of my record. I usually inquired if we have an interview date assigned and that's when I knew what to expect.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We went through the DCF Route and after I got the Packet 4, I have a Case Number MTLXXXXXXX and this is what I gave to NVC plus my name and they have a history of my record. I usually inquired if we have an interview date assigned and that's when I knew what to expect.

I think by 'NVC' you mean 'DoS', as they are the ones who can see whatever Montreal has put in the computer system. And the phone number you gave is for Department of State.

However, remember that the first thing the DoS operator asks is your case #, which at this point, housewife does not have.

Edited by birdnerd

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone tell me what packet 4 contains? I thought that it contained your actual interview date; however when I just talked to DOS she mentioned that packet 4 has been sent but an interview date has not been scheduled, and that I will have to do that when I receive packet 4.

Also, I tried to find out what mailing address they have on file for me, and as soon as I gave her my unit #, she said that they have no unit # for me on file....AHHHH now I have to try and get ahold of the consulate in Montreal.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone tell me what packet 4 contains? I thought that it contained your actual interview date; however when I just talked to DOS she mentioned that packet 4 has been sent but an interview date has not been scheduled, and that I will have to do that when I receive packet 4.

Also, I tried to find out what mailing address they have on file for me, and as soon as I gave her my unit #, she said that they have no unit # for me on file....AHHHH now I have to try and get ahold of the consulate in Montreal.

I'm not sure what is in P4... I always thought it was an interview date... I don't want to get your hopes up, but you may be able to schedule your own interview by the sound of the IR1/CR1 Thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94768-ir1-cr1-montreal-timeline-to-interview/page__st__3270

It sounds as though they have changed the way interviews are scheduled, according to MTLgato who phoned DoS today. Read through page 19 of the IR1/CR1 thread and maybe it might help answer some questions. Hopefully you've got good news in your P4!!!

BTW, what is your time line? When did you file your I-130 and DS-230 forms? (just hoping we aren't far behind you!)

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure what is in P4... I always thought it was an interview date... I don't want to get your hopes up, but you may be able to schedule your own interview by the sound of the IR1/CR1 Thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94768-ir1-cr1-montreal-timeline-to-interview/page__st__3270

It sounds as though they have changed the way interviews are scheduled, according to MTLgato who phoned DoS today. Read through page 19 of the IR1/CR1 thread and maybe it might help answer some questions. Hopefully you've got good news in your P4!!!

BTW, what is your time line? When did you file your I-130 and DS-230 forms? (just hoping we aren't far behind you!)

Thanks!!

I concur with what kimberlyk21 has said above, it seems as though Montreal has gone to a DIY interview assignment process. My husband called DoS this morning and got the same news: P4 sent, but no interview date yet.

Also,

Name..................................I-130 Filed...........................DS-230 Returned............................Interview Date......................DTI

tauruslady............................May 2009...................................Oct 2009....................................Jan 2010 -------> postponed

dawnlinnet ........................Oct 27 2009................................Feb 15 2010................................Sept 29 2010...................226

superspur..........................Nov 21 2009................................Feb 15 2010...............................Sept 24 2010....................221

pinguino_41.........................Jan 2010.....................................Mar 2010.................................Sept 29 2010....................~212

birdnerd............................Jan 25 2010.................................Mar 26 2010

Adichiwa............................Jan 5 2010.................................Mar 27 2010................................Sept 24 2010.....................181

choles................................Mar 1 2010 (?)............................Apr 23 2010

leonsgal70.........................Mar 18 2010................................Apr 26 2010

kimberlyk21.......................Mar 19 2010................................May 10 2010

bscobrown..........................Mar 2010.....................................May 2010

aimal..................................Apr 2010.....................................Jun 2010

canok..................................Mar 2010..................................Jun 28 2010

dabigbass..........................May 18 2010.................................Jul 12 2010

Shimmer4554.....................????????......................................Jul 2010

sammy060382.....................Feb 2010...................................Aug 5 2010

Still to come:

Abike..................................Sept 2009

Saad & Sumera.....................Mar 2010

tablespin...............................May 2010

digoman..............................May 27 2010

mllover................................Jun 11 2010

Erdestino............................Jul 21 2010

AMERICAN/CANADIAN........Jul 2010

housewife...........................Jul 13 2010

Stephen&Kim

Ok if P4 is sent regardless you are a DCF or CR1 filer and you need to schedule an interview would this be a New route?

I've seen this link before on the first week of September, but I ignored, though this is for K1 visa filers only.

But Whats confusing to all of us is that it maybe good for us who received their Packet 4.

Hmm... Good stuff but I need to do more research and hear more feedback from others who have tried rescheduling there Interview dates.

This is the website Link the MTLGATO is saying:

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

Applicants who want to move to the United States permanently need to apply for an Immigrant Visa. If you have already begun the Immigrant Visa process and have either been given an appointment and need to register for the DHL courier return of your passport, or you have been told to access this Web site to schedule or reschedule an appointment, please click here to log in. If you were not given an appointment or told by the consular section to schedule, you should not do so. You will be turned away if your application is not yet ready for processing, even if you schedule an appointment.

The following are types of Immigrant Visas:

Family Sponsored Immigration

An applicant may be eligible to immigrate to the United States based on the relationship to a U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident ("green card holder"). If the applicant's spouse, parent, child, or sibling is a U.S. citizen, they can file an I-130 petition to begin the process with the Department of Homeland Security in the United States. If the applicant's spouse or parent is a legal permanent resident, they may also file an I-130 petition with the Department of Homeland Security in the United States, subject to certain age and marital status restrictions. For more information, please consult these Web sites: www.dhs.gov or www.uscis.gov.

Only if the applicant's spouse or parent is a U.S. citizen and only if they live outside of the United States, they may be able to file a petition at the U.S. Consular Section to begin the process.

Applicants may not begin the application process themselves; only the U.S. citizen or resident relative may initiate the immigration process. Only after they have filed a petition and it has been approved can the Embassy or Consulate assist an applicant.

For more information, please consult this Web site: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/immigrants_1340.html.

Once the applicant's petition has been approved and is "current", the applicant will have to present evidence of eligibility to immigrate through evidence including a medical exam, a police report, and an affidavit of support from the U.S. citizen or resident who filed the petition. For additional information on the documents the applicant must submit along with the immigrant visa application, please see the instructions sent along with the applicant's appointment letter.

Timeline

Ok if P4 is sent regardless you are a DCF or CR1 filer and you need to schedule an interview would this be a New route?

I've seen this link before on the first week of September, but I ignored, though this is for K1 visa filers only.

But Whats confusing to all of us is that it maybe good for us who received their Packet 4.

Hmm... Good stuff but I need to do more research and hear more feedback from others who have tried rescheduling there Interview dates.

Ok, well I just called DoS and spoke with a very friendly gentleman (to my surprise lol) and he informed me that packet 4 now contains information on how to schedule an appointment. They are no longer sending a specific date. Also included will be info on completing your medical, Fees that will have to be paid and, if applicable, a request/info on any incomplete or missing forms from your application that you will need to bring with you to your interview.

I inquired about my application and he told me that my P4 had been prepared on Sept 9 but he didn't have access to info on when/if it has been sent yet. He did say that he didn't think it should take more than 2 weeks to send it at the longest which would be Sept 23... So ANY DAY NOW!! YAY! Hope; finally hope!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am a US citizen living in Montreal (on a work permit since July 2009), getting married here in Montreal to a Canadian citizen on Oct 2 next month. We want to move back to the US together as soon as legally possible. I have a few questions related to this timeline thread, if you all don't mind...

I am new to all this but my understanding is that once we have our marriage certificate (late October), the fastest track back to the US is to start DCF of the I-130 petition (and I-129)?

I've heard time estimates ranging widely between 3 months - 12 months or more. Are there any more specific or updated estimates (specifically from the Montreal consulate)?

Also, I should mention that what's most important is not that my husband can WORK in the US (I could actually feasibly support us both for a while), but just that he can join me, even without working. I may go back to the US before him for a new job that pays nicely. Is there an intermediate phase of the immigration process that can get him there sooner, even if he can't work yet (before green card)?

How fast can I expect the best case scenario to be? Average? Worst case scenario? (I need to know so I can decide whether to commit to this job or not...)

Many thanks! :)

Ok, well I just called DoS and spoke with a very friendly gentleman (to my surprise lol) and he informed me that packet 4 now contains information on how to schedule an appointment. They are no longer sending a specific date. Also included will be info on completing your medical, Fees that will have to be paid and, if applicable, a request/info on any incomplete or missing forms from your application that you will need to bring with you to your interview.

I inquired about my application and he told me that my P4 had been prepared on Sept 9 but he didn't have access to info on when/if it has been sent yet. He did say that he didn't think it should take more than 2 weeks to send it at the longest which would be Sept 23... So ANY DAY NOW!! YAY! Hope; finally hope!

Kimberlyk21...Good Job in doing your research.

Hopefully this is the solution to what we are all anticipating....

If proven, we should post our feedback along the way to the final VISA approval

Hi everyone,

I am a US citizen living in Montreal (on a work permit since July 2009), getting married here in Montreal to a Canadian citizen on Oct 2 next month. We want to move back to the US together as soon as legally possible. I have a few questions related to this timeline thread, if you all don't mind...

I am new to all this but my understanding is that once we have our marriage certificate (late October), the fastest track back to the US is to start DCF of the I-130 petition (and I-129)?

I've heard time estimates ranging widely between 3 months - 12 months or more. Are there any more specific or updated estimates (specifically from the Montreal consulate)?

Also, I should mention that what's most important is not that my husband can WORK in the US (I could actually feasibly support us both for a while), but just that he can join me, even without working. I may go back to the US before him for a new job that pays nicely. Is there an intermediate phase of the immigration process that can get him there sooner, even if he can't work yet (before green card)?

How fast can I expect the best case scenario to be? Average? Worst case scenario? (I need to know so I can decide whether to commit to this job or not...)

Many thanks! :)

Hi,

You can try DCF or compare between K1 or K3 Visas:

K3 Visa

K1 Visa

Edited by tauruslady

Timeline

Hi, I have an update. I got the packet 3 letter??? Is that what it is called.

It says I have to go to the website or call to proceed. I have a case # now. It talks about the pics and the rest of what will be required documetns, docmile, support etc. But I got my case # YiPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will call the # and proceed and give updates. If you don't hear from me, it's because I have not done anything so nothing to report.

I say this because as anxious as I am to move back to the USA, since my business deal fell through I now need to find a place to live in the US.

Thank you all for being there for me. I feel better with the case # now. Also if I have to give DH passport now, I can't. I need to go to the USA for a medical checkup and I've booked a weekened away too so he needs his passport. So he needs his passport till at least november.

How does it work?? Do you have to give up the passport right away or only at the interview.

Thanks again everyone. Good luck to all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.