Mohammad

Case inquiry ( is it AP, AR......)

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys I need your opinions about my visa's issuance

I had my interview on June 24,10 and was told approved and will receive my visa within 2-3 weeks then i paid for Delivery at DHL desk

I sent Email to embassy in Cairo and asked them what's going on still my DHL Devilry track # is Schedule for Delivery as agreed

and their response was "

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Please note that the case is still pending consular officer’s review.

Regards,

Consular Section

US Embassy Cairo "

Does it mean i am in AP or AR or something else

I forgot to mention that i am syrian and my visa was IR1

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

MO

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Mo,

It sounds like you're in AP/AR (I get them confused). I received the same response from Cairo when my husband was in AP. Has your wife tried calling DOS to see if you're in name checks? My husband went through about two months of name checks at DOS then about a month and a half of AP in Cairo after the name checks.

Good luck!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It sounds like you are in AP/AR at the embassy level...ie..Consulate review. Hopefully, they are just doing some quick document verification. I hope that it doesn't last long and your wife receives the visa quickly.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Forgot 2 mention that the visa is for me not my wife she is the USC , I am Syrian

Another concern Can i ask to get my passport back till they finish their routine staff SO i can travel outside Egypt since it is summer time and would love to visit my family in Syria

MO

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would not suggest getting a Senator involved yet. It's way too soon for that. We had AP for nearly 4 months and never got anyone involved. I, personally, wouldn't get a Senator involved unless it went past 6 mos. but that's me.

I'm not sure if *I* would ask for the passport back right now but you could contact the consulate about it and see what they say.

I figured the visa was for you. :)

Forgot 2 mention that the visa is for me not my wife she is the USC , I am Syrian

Another concern Can i ask to get my passport back till they finish their routine staff SO i can travel outside Egypt since it is summer time and would love to visit my family in Syria

MO

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

I think you'r rite i'll wait BUT not for too long and i'll inform u guys ASA i get my visa

Thank you je veux ton amour ( did i spell ur nick name rite)and thanx for other VJers

Cheers

MO

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys just wanna update my topic:

Today August 10,2010 I got my visa and will look 4 flight to hurry up 4 my family ( my lovely wife and my adorable son)

SO from june 26 ( 1st interview ) and July 6 ( 2nd interview Redo finger prints ) it is almost 1.5 months of AP.

I would like to thank you for your support.

Cheers

MO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats on getting your visa MO! welcome to the USA!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.