asad

Male/Female rates of AP

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

FWIW, the majority of ppl that had interviews in Guangzhou, for K-1 or spousal visas, were female.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ok...it may just be me, but he started the post saying male & female....my question would be, would everyone be freaking out as muc if he said "It would be interesting if anyone who had a male undergo AP could share their experience. Was it quick/short, something to concern myself with at this point in my immigration process?" I guess I'm also used to my fiance talking and wording things a little differently sometimes. I think AP is getting ppl a little tense here :whistle: Lets try to give the guy a break & help instead of critisize right away.

Monica :)

Yes, I would also have objected, because by referring simply to 'a male' instead of a male SO it implies that people, both men and women, are just objects. And despite my objection, I did inform the OP that I was in AP myself for over 20 weeks now, and I'm sure he noticed the Union Jack in the corner...all that really says is 'when it comes to AP, expect the unexpected'.

For the name bit, do they look at both the first and last, or first and not last or the opposite?

My fiance now shares my last name (Asmar) which is not a hugely common Arabic name, but her previous last name was Mohammed, which is extremely common. Her first name is not very common either.

Misunderstandings happen - let's start again :)

I do hope your wife doesn't undergo AP, and that if she does it's as short as possible. I notice in your timeline that you got married exactly four months ago, but you still refer to your wife as your fiancee - I still feel a little weird referring to my husband as that :blush: , and whereas it could simply be a slip of the tongue if your wife made a similar mistake during her interview it could potentially cause problems.

Are you still waiting for your NOA2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.