bbiedny

Case forwarded to Embassy in Bogota, Questions!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, so I have received confirmation that the packet has been forwarded to the Consulate in Bogota from the VSC center on July 8th,these are my questions and the answers might be unique to the US embassy in Bogota.

1- The website advises to call on case status is to be done ONLY between 2-4 pm on Wednesdays, does this mean even to verify if they have received the packet from VSC?

2- If I confirm that they have the packet I am going to my fiancée download the forms directly from the website DS-2100 and DS-230 and send them in and not wait to receive them by mail, because according to what I read this can take a anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

3- According to their website, the DS-2100 and DS-230 must either be faxed or Mailed, I need suggestions which is the best way to do this with the least amount of risk of thinks getting lost 9perhaps from someone who has been through this?)

Thanks for all your help.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 05/16/2010

I-129F NOA1 : 05/21/2010

Touched! : 06/30/2010

I-129F NOA2 E-Mail: 07/01/2010

VSC Received 07/03/2010

Sent to Consolute 07/08/2010

Consulate Recieve 07/13/2010

Downloaded Packet 3 07/13/2010

Faxed packet 3 07/14/2010

E-Mailed Packet 3 07/21/2010

Interview Scheduled 09/02/2010

Approved! 09/02/2010

POE Fort Lauderdale 09/02/2010

Married 10/10/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I really can't offer much (except this bump TTT), b/c I'm @ about the same stage as you - and working w/ Bogota as well.

I have read here that many filers do fax docs to the embassy, and they get confirmations somehow. And I do understand your potential concerns w/ the mail system in Colombia. I might suggest posting this (or getting it moved) to the Lat Am forum, and if possible posting it in both english and spanish.

I'd be interested in this info as well. And good luck w/ everything.

I'm heading to Cartagena next week to hang w/ my colombiana for 13 days :dance: . (actually Tanganga - East of Santa Marta).

Timeline ~

Met @ colombiancupid.com: August 2009

3 trips to Cartagena, Colombia: Nov '09 - Mar '10*

* Engaged on the 3rd trip (Santa Marta)

Trip to Lima, Peru: May 18 - 31, 2010

Next trip to Colombia: July 21 - Aug. 2nd, 2010

K-1 Process

I-129f Packet mailed: 4-20-10

Check cashed by USCIS: 4-26-10

NOA1: rec'd NOA1 letter: 4-29-10

NOA2: red'd NOA2 email and APPROVED!!! 6-28-10

Ok, so I have received confirmation that the packet has been forwarded to the Consulate in Bogota from the VSC center on July 8th,these are my questions and the answers might be unique to the US embassy in Bogota.

1- The website advises to call on case status is to be done ONLY between 2-4 pm on Wednesdays, does this mean even to verify if they have received the packet from VSC?

2- If I confirm that they have the packet I am going to my fiancée download the forms directly from the website DS-2100 and DS-230 and send them in and not wait to receive them by mail, because according to what I read this can take a anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

3- According to their website, the DS-2100 and DS-230 must either be faxed or Mailed, I need suggestions which is the best way to do this with the least amount of risk of thinks getting lost 9perhaps from someone who has been through this?)

Thanks for all your help.

My fiancee never received the package from the embassy in Bogota. I did receive the letter at my home in the USA from the embassy in Bogota that they received the package from NVC and that we would receive the package in Cartagena shortly. We waited 2 weeks and never received the package. While I was visiting my fiancee in Cartagena I spoke to the embassy in Bogota and they told me to use the website in the letter I received to download/complete/print all the forms. Since we are bringing my fiancee's children, there was alot more paper. I sent the package to the embassy via Servientrega overnight for 6 mil pesos - about $ 3 USD... The embassy received it the next day and we tracked it on the internet. Now, we wait for the entrevista / interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.