13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello there guys, im hoping you guys can help, so we got the NO2 after 4n half months,my girl has tried to do her online DS-160 and when she gets done and tries to upload picture, the 2x2, she get booted of the internet, so i was like ok, let me do it for you,knowing how slow the internet is in the philippines,so i did her application and with a photo i brought back also a 2x2 with white background and i was also booted of the internet, their seems to be a problem with their server there in manila. has anyone else had these problem? another question is on the instructions for the DS-160 say it now only one application instead of 3, does this mean we are to only do the DS-160 and forget abotu the 156 156k n 157? any have any feed back or has gone to interview here lately with the new standards?

Timeline

Hi puppy eye, i had my interview last june 24th and for K1 they didn't required DS-160, only DS 156, 156k and 157 and of course an appointment letter sent to her by the embassy.

17-Feb-10:Send 129f to CSC

19-Feb-10:NOA1

22-Feb-10:Touched

05-Apr-10:Touched

05-Apr-10:E-mail received case approved(waiting for hard copy)

06-Apr-10:Touched

09-Apr-10:NOA2 Hard copy received

20-Apr-10:NVC letter received (Dated April 16)

24-Apr-10:USEM letter received (Dated April 15)Funny!USEM Letter Dated April 15, and NVC Letter April 16.

16-Jun-10:Medical....PASSED

24-Jun-10:Interview (7:00AM).. PAAAASSSSEEEEDDDDDD...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The K class visas do NOT use the DS-160. You must continue to use the DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157 and DS-230 Part I. Maybe not all of these forms apply to your Consulate.

I will give you the web link and paste the quote from the DOS web page that says the DS-160 is not fo K class visas.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

13. When I apply for a nonimmigrant visa using the online DS-160, are additional forms required?

No, with two exceptions. When applying at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate that is using the new DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, you will use only one (1) form. For Embassies and Consulates that have converted to this new process, the DS-160 has replaced all of the following forms: DS-156, DS-157, DS-158, and DS-3032, which are no longer necessary.

NOTE: The exceptions are Fiancé(e) Visas (K-1/2) which still require use of the forms DS-156 and DS-156K, and the Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor visa application, which is explained in #14 below.

Do not fill out the DS-160

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

USEM Manila does not use DS-160. You must fill out the DS156, DS156k, and DS157.

Sorry...forgot to say for K-1/K-2 visas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Timeline

Hi puppy eye, i had my interview last june 24th and for K1 they didn't required DS-160, only DS 156, 156k and 157 and of course an appointment letter sent to her by the embassy.

thank for the response, so dosent she need the print out of where she finished the DS-160 so she can pay for medical and visa. or what does she need to take to banco de oro so she can pay for medical and visa.

thank for the response, so dosent she need the print out of where she finished the DS-160 so she can pay for medical and visa. or what does she need to take to banco de oro so she can pay for medical and visa.

You pay for the medical at SLMC. As for the interview payment at BDO, they are only "supposed" to require the interview confirmation email you get from USEM. Some seem to want more and others, like where Jean paid at SM mall in Cebu City, said they didn't need anything other than a picture ID.

Timeline

You pay for the medical at SLMC. As for the interview payment at BDO, they are only "supposed" to require the interview confirmation email you get from USEM. Some seem to want more and others, like where Jean paid at SM mall in Cebu City, said they didn't need anything other than a picture ID.

dude thanks alot, you guys are great,been waiting for this NO2 for the longest and thought i knew everything, and then i we get it and i when blank, hehehe. so she pays at the hospital and aftterward at BDO for the visa after medical, right?she dosent have to pay for medical at BDO? and its true the DS-160 dont apply to k1 n k2s

Timeline

bill had a question, or n.e one.she will be flying from dipolog to manila, how many days before should she do her medical, i was thinkin do the 2 day medical n next day cfo (certificate only) then following day interview, would these work for me,

After you get NOA2 and NVC approves and sends to USEM Manila, you or your fiance should get an email from them stating that you are now ready to schedule an interview and provides you with this link http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf We never got this email as i started calling USEM a week after NVC sent it to Manila and set the interview before we got notice to do so. Its recommended to do medical exam at least a week before the interview. You can pay for interview anytime after you schedule it and get the interview confirmation email. There is a wealth of info in the menus at the top specifically on this subject and the search bar is very good also. If you haven't already, check the Philippine forum and portal. the k1 flowchart under guides is very helpful too.

Good luck!

...so she pays at the hospital and afterward at BDO for the visa after medical, right? She dosent have to pay for medical at BDO? and its true the DS-160 dont apply to k1 n k2s

> She will pay for her medical exam at St. Lukes on the day of her exam.

> She will pay for her visa at BDO after she passes her medical exam, but before her interview.

> She will not have any need whatsoever for a DS-160.

> For her interview, she will need two copies of the DS-156, one copy of the DS-156K, and two copies of the DS-157.

Good luck to you guyz...bring home the pink! :star:

Edited by Tahoma

Timeline

> She will pay for her medical exam at St. Lukes on the day of her exam.

> She will pay for her visa at BDO after she passes her medical exam, but before her interview.

> She will not have any need whatsoever for a DS-160.

> For her interview, she will need two copies of the DS-156, one copy of the DS-156K, and two copies of the DS-157.

Good luck to you guyz...bring home the pink! :star:

thanks guys, now i be able to keep a lil more hair with all this plucking i done did, thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.