Ahmed&Rachel

AP Questions.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just called the DOS and a lady answered my questions (after i gave her my case number for my K1 visa) by merely stating that our case is still pending in Washington under AP and that they will forward my case to Cairo Embassy after they finish, in which case the latter will have its final decision on the whole matter. Now my question is: Does the sentence (its in Washington) ring any bills to anyone? does it mean that it's more than a normal name and background check? do they send all APs there or does it have to do with something more serious like if they have doubts concerning the case? I know i might be over worrying myself here but hey, can you blame me? :crying:

What does she mean by (the embassy will then make a final decision? does that mean my case hasn't really been approved as i was told? the CO clearly said: "congratulations! you are approved." and that i will have to just wait for one month of a routine AP.

My final question is simply about how the woman from the DOS told me: " People mistakingly think that we know more information about their cases and ask us for details while all i can see is a page that has your name, your case number, date it left the embassy and its status." while other members on VJ said they were informed of more details about their case.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Referring you to the Waivers forum/ AP thread where you will get lots of moral support.

Yes it is normal for AP cases to be done in Washington as it involves checking one or more databases and possibly pulling the actual files. The CO always has final say in issuance of the visa but they wouldn't be spending the money on AP if they intended to deny you. Now keep in mind that is negative information is obtained then the situation changes.

The people at DOS are next to useless. Refer to the thread I mentioned and you will get lots of help there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Referring you to the Waivers forum/ AP thread where you will get lots of moral support.

Yes it is normal for AP cases to be done in Washington as it involves checking one or more databases and possibly pulling the actual files. The CO always has final say in issuance of the visa but they wouldn't be spending the money on AP if they intended to deny you. Now keep in mind that is negative information is obtained then the situation changes.

The people at DOS are next to useless. Refer to the thread I mentioned and you will get lots of help there.

Thank you so much for the quick reply!. I did look into that thread now (AP tracker if thats the one) and wish i posted there already. >.< I would be grateful if a moderator would move the thread to its rightful place to avoid duplication. I hope the AP would not take more than 2 months. I simply do not believe what the CO told me about the 1 month wait time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.