Kourt

After the Interview...questions???

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My husband and I had the interview this past Friday at the embassy in Seoul. At first my husband went up and answered all of his questions with no problem than they called me over and started asking me questions. The one that puzzled me is when they started asking why I was in Cyprus (I went to study at a college), they seemed a little too interested in this. They asked how long, what did I study, what medium. Then told me that they needed a paper saying I will have a job lined up when I return to the US (I'm currently working in Seoul). They even said it is to make sure I won't stay in Korea, go to Australia or Cyprus...sort of half joking. But I took it as, are they thinking our marriage is a fraud? ( which is pretty much their job)

Also, can we still be denied at this point? I'm pretty sure it is possible, but I just want to hear others opinions.

I was also told that I could only have one joint sponsor. I was confused by this because I knew that I would not meet the requirements because my current income is in Korea not the US. So were they wrong in telling me I could only have one joint sponsor? The woman told me this before even looking at my paperwork and the interviewer seemed a bit confused when I told him that I was only allowed one joint sponsor.

They also told us that he would be put on AP, he is from Iran. I know it's a long shot but can I ask for a possible expedite? because we cannot afford to live in two separate countries ( I have to leave Korea in October). I could renew my contract(only 1 year renewals) with my school but I would lose money if I cancel early and we are trying to save as much as we can.

The interview went over well, but I still have my doubts because we have been together for a short time (8 months). I know how skeptical immigration can be. The guy who interviewed us seemed nice and I didn't feel like he was trying to trap us with questions. But I'm not sure why my traveling prior to my marriage would have anything to do with my husband. Has anyone else had this happen?

Or am I over thinking the whole thing? Also has anyone else had experiences with going through the embassy in Seoul, ROK?

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. you must prove up 're-establishing domicile' or 'intent to re-establish domicile' . if you had had that, prior to interview day, IMO - you'd not have any issue about this.

2. Perhaps 'they' think you two met in Cypres, initially?

3. joint sponser = NOT THE PETITIONER, IE - not you. Is One Other Person.

Petitioner always the Primary Sponser, then 2nd Person is Joint Sponser.

Total of 2 people. If you are trying to 'group' 3 or more ppl together for sponsership, mostly, it won't work.

re: being denied - yes, is possible, with 'worst case' being -

The ConOff decided, after reviewing the totality of yer casefile, that the intending immigrant is only seeking immigration benefits, and the marriage is not bonafide. But don't let that sway you, if you feel the bonafides of your marriage are SOLID.

FWIW, S. Korea 'folk' here, mostly - the interviewee/beneficiary/visa applicant is S. Korean. Your spouse is from IRAN, so the 'guidelines' on adjudicating the casefile are different - there are extra steps to do for background checks. IIRC, that could take 120 days, as well - but - might be LONGER, as well. You could get lucky, and it take a few weeks. Hard to forecast, exactly, except to tell you that 120 days is some 'normal' turn around for the namechecks, but it's still up to a Human at the Embassy to review namecheck data in any timely fashion.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.