californiaBELLE

Removal of conditions for green card

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! I got my green card 2 weeks ago, its a conditional green card. So removal of conditions will be done before my 2nd year anniversary, right? How about if my husband is in the military.. My husband is stationed in Europe, and I will be going to live with him in Europe for 2 years. When I had my interview, the adjudicator said that before I leave for Europe, I can go make an appointment and the immigration will help me with the removal of conditions. My question is, is there anyone here who knows if I can file for lifting of conditions even if i just received my green card because I will be going abroad on military orders? Anyone who knows, kindly reply. Thank you!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Q. I am a spouse of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and have filed a Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence (Form I-751), while on an overseas military assignment with my spouse. Will my Form I-751 be adjudicated while we are overseas or will it remain pending until my spouse and I return to the U.S.?

A. If USCIS determines that you have submitted sufficient evidence to demonstrate a bona fide marital union, USCIS may proceed with adjudication regardless of your geographical location. If USCIS is unable to determine your eligibility for the immigration benefit, USCIS will withhold adjudication until you and your spouse are able to be interviewed within a USCIS Field Office to establish your eligibility."

Not sure if this answers your question but here is the link with more Q/A's from the USCIS website section geared towards military and their families.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Military_QA.pdf

Filed: Timeline

"Q. I am a spouse of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and have filed a Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence (Form I-751), while on an overseas military assignment with my spouse. Will my Form I-751 be adjudicated while we are overseas or will it remain pending until my spouse and I return to the U.S.?

A. If USCIS determines that you have submitted sufficient evidence to demonstrate a bona fide marital union, USCIS may proceed with adjudication regardless of your geographical location. If USCIS is unable to determine your eligibility for the immigration benefit, USCIS will withhold adjudication until you and your spouse are able to be interviewed within a USCIS Field Office to establish your eligibility."

Not sure if this answers your question but here is the link with more Q/A's from the USCIS website section geared towards military and their families.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Military_QA.pdf

Hi, DLUKE. Actually i asked the immigration officer, they told me that I need to get an appointment before i leave for europe in september. So i was wondering if I can go ahead and file or just file it even if im oversease?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, DLUKE. Actually i asked the immigration officer, they told me that I need to get an appointment before i leave for europe in september. So i was wondering if I can go ahead and file or just file it even if im oversease?

I would definately suggest your husband go to the Legal Services Office where he is stationed at or his JAG (commands lawyer) and they should be able to answer his question or at least coordinate getting a no-bs answer from immigration. Your situation is unique and depending on who you ask at immigration you may get an opinion rather than the lawful or procedural rule. Suggest you ask where the actual immigration law/rule can be found in writing for you to review.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.