Lukas

Medical exam and interview timeline for Germany

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey folks,

I (german) got the first letter from the consulate today and want to start preparing things. Now I am still in the process of getting all my vaccinations for the AOS, so I wanted to have them done before my medical. But I also read that I can only make an appointment for my medical after I complete the checklist and get an appointment for an interview..

So here's the question: How long away will it take to get an interview appointment after I send in the completed checklist? Or is should I call the consulate for that?

Hope it makes sense ^^

Cheers,

Lukas

Hey folks,

I (german) got the first letter from the consulate today and want to start preparing things. Now I am still in the process of getting all my vaccinations for the AOS, so I wanted to have them done before my medical. But I also read that I can only make an appointment for my medical after I complete the checklist and get an appointment for an interview..

So here's the question: How long away will it take to get an interview appointment after I send in the completed checklist? Or is should I call the consulate for that?

Hope it makes sense ^^

Cheers,

Lukas

Hi Lukas!

I'm also German, started the process in may through Frankfurt DCF. What you will need to take the exam is a case number. If you sent all the papers, you will get a notice with it, if you did DCF as well, you already have it...

I don't know which embassy is responsible for your case, but in Frankfurt all you need is your case umber to take the exam, they accept walk-ins...I already got all my vaccs done, but want to make sure and ask at the military clinic if anythings missing...

they say when your I-130 is approved to give them about 2 weeks to get your invitation... ;)

• March 2007 we first met
  • 09-26-2009 married <3
  • 05-19-2010 filed I-130 DCF
  • 07-10-2010 RFE...duh
  • 07-10-2010 sent back required document
  • 07-28-2010 Interview - approved :)
  • 07-30-2010 sent in missing document
  • 08-07-2010 Visa received
  • 09-07-2010 moving to our new home

Timeline

Thanks Be for your reply, got the case number with the first letter, so without even having sent anything to Frankfurt. As far as I know Frankfurt is the only consulate dealing with K1 visas.

Think I'll get my medical here in Berlin (since I live close to it), but very good to know that it's about 2 weeks from sending the checklist in to the interview.

Good luck with your further steps :thumbs:

Ah, didn't know about the consulate forums, thought it was general. Thank you for moving the topic :)

Cheers,

Lukas

Thanks Be for your reply, got the case number with the first letter, so without even having sent anything to Frankfurt. As far as I know Frankfurt is the only consulate dealing with K1 visas.

Think I'll get my medical here in Berlin (since I live close to it), but very good to know that it's about 2 weeks from sending the checklist in to the interview.

Good luck with your further steps :thumbs:

Ah, didn't know about the consulate forums, thought it was general. Thank you for moving the topic :)

Cheers,

Lukas

Without even having sent anything? If you have a case number you must have sent the I-130 and the other forms and such that they wanted, right?! Frankfurt is the only doc office that welcomes walk-ins, so you might want to call Berlin and ask for information about getting an appointment, what vaccinations you need (called Frankfurt 3 times to make sure and am still not sure lol), if you can get the medical done at any time of the process or not, how much cash you have to bring and how many pictures and what else (Impfausweis for example)

And it doesn't necessarily have to be 2 weeks from getting the invitation to the interview. I-130 has to be approved, then within about 2 weeks they usually send out your invitation, that means your interview doesn't have be 2 weeks after petition approval. What they do try is to schedule the interviews along the date you gave them of your preferred departure date.

And thanks for keeping your fingers crossed, my hubby is leaving in September and we just got an RFE :(

• 09-26-2009 married <3
  • 07-10-2010 RFE...duh

Timeline

Well, since we're only engaged my fiancee did sent the I-129F etc. to the CSC and they approved that. Then the whole kladeradatsch was sent to Frankfurt and now they contacted me.

But good advice to call the doc, will do that :)

What's an RFE? September doesn't sound too far, would accept that any time ;)

Well, since we're only engaged my fiancee did sent the I-129F etc. to the CSC and they approved that. Then the whole kladeradatsch was sent to Frankfurt and now they contacted me.

But good advice to call the doc, will do that :)

What's an RFE? September doesn't sound too far, would accept that any time ;)

RFE = Request of Evidence. Could be anything from missing documents to evidence of a bona fide marriage or those passport pictures. My husband is in the military and stationed here. If you want to file in person in Frankfurt you have to have an Aufenthaltserlaubnis and therefore they needed a copy of his military ID card and his travel orders to Germany. Said and done, made the copies, sent it yesterday and the letter is already in Wiesbaden Logistikzentrum (gotta love Einschreiben and Briefstatus haha), so I hope they get it tomorrow and will check in our file again as soon as possible. To me it doesn't sound like a huge problem and the only reason why they haven't approved it yet, so hopefully that's the last thing they wanted to finally make the approval and then send out my interview invitation am besten morgen lol (wenn du direct filing machst, musste die checklist faxen, hab ich direkt nen tag nach filing gemacht, müssten sie also haben um mir dann endlich den Termin zu schicken... ich hoffe so, dass alles zeitlich noch klappt!! Ich sag ja, hoffentlich war das der aller einzige Grund wieso das Dingen noch nit approved ist...sonst hätten sie ja bestimmt noch andere items aufgelistet, wenn noch was gefehlt hätte. also halt uns die daumen dass jetzt alles ratz fatz geht!Und ich drück uns beiden auch die daumen dass das medical ohne probleme klappt!!)

Let me know what the doc in Berlin says. I'm curious how different docs handle the procedure!

• 09-26-2009 married <3
  • 07-10-2010 RFE...duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.