Brian Dennehy

39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was born in Connecticut, which already marks him out amongst men, but then the fact that he's also a Yalie... well, that's just the icing on the cake. :wub:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

My favourite Brit store is over 330 miles away. :(

And you think you have problems. :crying:

But I do have Toblerone ;)

Fair enough -- I have one that will make do within walking distance. I know they stock Ambrosia custard, and crucially, real bacon.

I hear Brian Dennehy is a big fan of bacon. :mellow:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Fair enough -- I have one that will make do within walking distance. I know they stock Ambrosia custard, and crucially, real bacon.

I hear Brian Dennehy is a big fan of bacon. :mellow:

Now that's the mark of a real man :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dennehy, Day 12

Gummi Bears.

In 1968, a hungover Brian Dennehy wanted a gummy treat that looked like his favorite barrel-chested animal, the bear. ODD mixed 3 parts bourbon, 2 parts sugar, 4 parts gelatin, and 1 part bear. The result, gummy bears.

Dennehy then formed a new branch to his conglomerate (Dennehy Industries): The Gummi Division. The division manufactured and distributed his Gummi Bears. Dennehy sold the Gummi Division to Nestle in 1980 for eight figures.

This was not Dennehy's first foray into food creation. In 1957, as a college freshman at Columbia, Dennehy created jello shots. Said Dennehy, "I want liquor. I want sweet. I want to get drunk." He initially wanted to use bourbon, but ended up using vodka. "None of these uptight *****es like bourbon."

Dennehy is also a master chef, part-time masseuse, and has a brown belt in Kung Fu. Posted by Anonymous Robot at 4:14 PM icon18_email.gif icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

<a href="http://briandennehyisbetterthanyou.blogspot.com/2008/04/day-13.html">Dennehy,'>http://briandennehyisbetterthanyou.blogspot.com/2008/04/day-13.html">Dennehy, Day 11

Great Badass Moments in the life of Brian Dennehy:

• Challenges Huey Lewis to a steel cage death match. Lewis declines and then pens "If this is it".
  • Gives Wilford Brimley diabetes on principle with a hard Dennehy-stare during 1985 filming of "Cocoon".
  • Barrel-chests through a brick wall to steal some Magnolia cupcakes. Police let him go after realizing, "Hey, this is Brian f*cking Dennehy!"
  • Attempts to go on NBC's Biggest Loser, but is rejected because "It's not fat. You are just barrel-chested."
  • NYC traffic literally stops as a video of Dennehy with a mustache is played on a billboard in Times Square. Days later Tom Selleck decides to grow a mustache for Magnum P.I.
  • Dennehy has sex with Steve Guttenberg's wife and mistress on the set of Cocoon. Asked why he ruined a marriage, an affair, and a friendship, Dennehy replied, "Because I'm Brian f*ckin' Dennehy!"
  • Kicked off the cast of "Over the Top" after breaking Frank Stallone's arm in an arm wrestling match.
  • Kicked off of "Cliffhanger" for mocking Frank Stallone until Sylvester Stallone cried and pigged out on ice cream.
  • Gets out of speeding ticket (150mph in a school zone) by telling cop, "I'm Brian Dennehy. I don't even obey the laws of gravity." After which he preceded to fly to local Dairy Queen and purchase cones for seniors and children. Then fly back to his car and drove 180mph through the school zone.
  • Got a kitten down from a tree by barrel-chesting it (the tree, not the cat; Dennehy loves animals).
  • Got a kitten off a roof by shining moonbeams off his silver hair.
  • Drank a case of beer while running a marathon and winning by...you guessed...his barrel-chest.

http://briandennehyisbetterthanyou.blogspot.com/

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

... and lots of it! :P

One can NEVER have enough bacon. I've heard that Brian Dennehy, being the MAN that he is, puts it on everything. That includes his coffee, his breakfast cereal and his wife.

That's the mark of a true masculine warrior - he's not scared to eat bacon with EVERYTHING.