one...two...tree

U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution

325 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
You also said that you would love to prove him wrong. Well it is apparent that there are many of us eagerly awaiting this proof. So what exactly are these things that can be proven?

Ok, I just have to ask - are you stupid? Let me tell you once more using small words so that HOPEFULLY you'll understand (though I won't hold my breath) - I (me, incanada1234) have asked fuzzness (known here on VJ as "fuzzness") if he (fuzzness) has a question (a sentence followed by a question mark, otherwise known as "?" You may have seen one, most likely on a message board since I doubt you read actual books) regarding (sorry, I know it's 3 syllables and therefore, a difficult word for you) a specific (sorry again) person, place, or event in the Bible.

*crossing fingers you'll 'get it' this time.....*

Edit: Actually lauraxmarie, I've decided that you could change "regarding" to "about", and just plain ol' take away the whole "specific". That way you may - you MAY - understand a bit better.

Edited by incanada1234

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also said that you would love to prove him wrong. Well it is apparent that there are many of us eagerly awaiting this proof. So what exactly are these things that can be proven?

Ok, I just have to ask - are you stupid? Let me tell you once more using small words so that HOPEFULLY you'll understand (though I won't hold my breath) - I (me, incanada1234) have asked fuzzness (known here on VJ as "fuzzness") if he (fuzzness) has a question (a sentence followed by a question mark, otherwise known as "?" You may have seen one, most likely on a message board since I doubt you read actual books) regarding (sorry, I know it's 3 syllables and therefore, a difficult word for you) a specific (sorry again) person, place, or event in the Bible.

*crossing fingers you'll 'get it' this time.....*

So basically what you are saying is that you cant think of anything off hand to offer to the board as proof that the bible is true. You will only respond to a specific question made by a specific member.

Probably with your fingers crossed that they will never actually ask one.

And seriously, there really is no need for the mindless patronising. We are all adults here.

So basically what you are saying is that you cant think of anything off hand to offer to the board as proof that the bible is true. You will only respond to a specific question made by a specific member.

Oh I have no doubt he'll scour google, finding a question to ask. And I'll do my best to answer him. And the reason I don't feel like answering YOUR particular questions is, quite frankly, because I don't like you.

And seriously, there really is no need for the mindless patronising. We are all adults here.

You could've fooled me. I forgot though, your posts have all been SO heart-warming and not patronizing in the least.

I mean, I'll come right out and say it - I'm being a b*tch to you. But you, I'm sure you think you're just being this mature adult, not acting like an @ss at all. No, not you. You've been only kind throughout this entire thread.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I maintain my stance - which is god lovers across the board (the fundamentalist ones especially) are intolerant and full of hate.

Anita, no insult intended, but don't you think that is a bit over the top?

I would like to know where I have ever been hateful to you or anyone on VJ for that matter. In fact you recently thanked people who have been supportive nice to you on VJ and one mentioned is in fact a very strong Christian (Jamie from VipulandJamie).

I find it insulting that you would make such a broad generalization. I love God a very great deal, and I want to live the way I believe he has taught us to. And I will not accept certain beliefs to enter my heart, because I feel I can't accept what I feel is wrong. Same way you cannot accept things you do not believe in or feel is wrong. That is my intolerance inside, my own personal heart's intolerance. That does not extend into intolerance for fellow man. Can you show me anywhere I have been intolerant to other people. For the purpose of this point I want to pull out the dictionary again. From webster.com:

intolerant

Main Entry: in·tol·er·ant

Pronunciation: -r&nt

Function: adjective

1 : unable or unwilling to endure

2 a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : BIGOTED

So if you can show me where I have been bigoted, or have not allowed others to express themselves, please show me and I would take responsibilty and apologize. However, disagreeing is not intolerance. I do not have to accept something as true, to allow that person to believe it is true and to give them respect while disagreeing. What I do not like is the lack of respect given out towards me with such a broad statement, and in my opinion that seems intolerant. You cannot seem to tolerate that I believe in God and believe the bible. I never tried to force you to believe it.

Yes there are rude jerky Christians. But to say every person who loves God is intolerant and hateful is too much. That's like if I said everyone who does not believe in God is hateful and intolerant. How would that make you feel? And I do not believe that. I believe there are nice people who do not believe in God, although I disagree with their beliefs.

I do not want you to think of me as hateful and intolerant for my beliefs. I am sure there must have been religious ppl who hurt you or rubbed you the wrong way or something to make you so angry about people who say they are God lovers. I am sorry about that. I try to live my life in a way that people will not be able to say that about me. I don't always succeed, but I really try hard. Can you continue generalizing "god lovers" as hateful, even after you have received kindness from those who love God?

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I maintain my stance - which is god lovers across the board (the fundamentalist ones especially) are intolerant and full of hate.

I would like to know where I have ever been hateful to you or anyone on VJ for that matter. In fact you recently thanked people who have been supportive nice to you on VJ and one mentioned is in fact a very strong Christian (Jamie from VipulandJamie).

I find it insulting that you would make such a broad generalization. I love God a very great deal, and I want to live the way I believe he has taught us to. And I will not accept certain beliefs to enter my heart, because I feel I can't accept what I feel is wrong. Same way you cannot accept things you do not believe in or feel is wrong. That is my intolerance inside, my own personal heart's intolerance. That does not extend into intolerance for fellow man. Can you show me anywhere I have been intolerant to other people. For the purpose of this point I want to pull out the dictionary again. From webster.com:

intolerant

2 a : unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression especially in religious matters b : unwilling to grant or share social, political, or professional rights : BIGOTED

So if you can show me where I have been bigoted, or have not allowed others to express themselves, please show me and I would take responsibilty and apologize. However, disagreeing is not intolerance. I do not have to accept something as true, to allow that person to believe it is true and to give them respect while disagreeing. What I do not like is the lack of respect given out towards me with such a broad statement, and in my opinion that seems intolerant. You cannot seem to tolerate that I believe in God and believe the bible. I never tried to force you to believe it.

Yes there are rude jerky Christians. But to say every person who loves God is intolerant and hateful is too much. That's like if I said everyone who does not believe in God is hateful and intolerant. How would that make you feel? And I do not believe that. I believe there are nice people who do not believe in God, although I disagree with their beliefs.

I do not want you to think of me as hateful and intolerant for my beliefs. I am sure there must have been religious ppl who hurt you or rubbed you the wrong way or something to make you so angry about people who say they are God lovers. I am sorry about that. I try to live my life in a way that people will not be able to say that about me. I don't always succeed, but I really try hard. Can you continue generalizing "god lovers" as hateful, even after you have received kindness from those who love God?

Wooooo!

As acting commisioner, Ric Flair hereby states that stina&suj must face Melo in a bra and panties match tonight on RAW.

Woooooo!

"To be the man, you've got to beat the man. And I'm the man."

"Ladies....you can't be first but you can be next."

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Flair 3:16 means you just got chopped

"IV"

*Touched* - All night long...wooooo!

Oh I have no doubt he'll scour google, finding a question to ask. And I'll do my best to answer him. And the reason I don't feel like answering YOUR particular questions is, quite frankly, because I don't like you.

You could've fooled me. I forgot though, your posts have all been SO heart-warming and not patronizing in the least.

I mean, I'll come right out and say it - I'm being a b*tch to you. But you, I'm sure you think you're just being this mature adult, not acting like an @ss at all. No, not you. You've been only kind throughout this entire thread.

It's SOOOOO heartwarming to see such beautiful displays of Christian compassion, caring, understanding, and restraint from being judgemental. I can't understand how anyone could run screaming from Christianity and its peaceful, loving followers who exhibit the love of Christ at all moments.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

intolerant

I accept that my statement was over the top. The statement I made was too broad and sweeping a generalisation and I apologise for that. Even my Gypsy is a god lover... and he certainly does not come into the category of hateful and intolerant.

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

I accept that my statement was over the top. The statement I made was too broad and sweeping a generalisation and I apologise for that. Even my Gypsy is a god lover... and he certainly does not come into the category of hateful and intolerant.

Wooooo!

Quiting before the match?

*puts Melo in a headlock*

post-24486-1155591776_thumb.jpg

Woooooo!

"To be the man, you've got to beat the man. And I'm the man."

"Ladies....you can't be first but you can be next."

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Flair 3:16 means you just got chopped

"IV"

*Touched* - All night long...wooooo!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

and still noone has answered this.. what if by just mere probability.. the big bang is a true theory.. and humans and the universe come from it? would creationists still believe the Good Book? why believing something that is wrong? ( in case the Big Bang were proved right, creationism would be false)...

and.. about leviticus and stuff.. does it mean the Bible is written correctly in some parts, and wrong in others? so we have to take some parts of it as they are and the others 'no no, they don't mean that.. it means etc etc'.. I thought the Bible was all written right.. so.. I guess having slaves again is right for a creationist..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Heheheeh!!! Ric... I can just picture the match you mention!!!

However, I do accept that the statement I made was over the top....

Am still waiting for the irrefutable evidence that someone was supposed to proffer.... and it seems that this oh so kind and compassionate person, in fact the very milk of human kindness will only respond if she likes the person... so many of us will wait till kingdom come for that response :devil: What a cop out!!!

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

:star: thanks for the reply. :thumbs:

and.. about leviticus and stuff.. does it mean the Bible is written correctly in some parts, and wrong in others? so we have to take some parts of it as they are and the others 'no no, they don't mean that.. it means etc etc'.. I thought the Bible was all written right.. so.. I guess having slaves again is right for a creationist..

pedroh,

2 pages back or so I tried to answer this question. Not sure if you read it or not.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

well.. so why don't we chop the bible and just use the new testament.. since the old one is obsolete?

and again.. noone has answered that.. what if the big bang is true? would you still believe a scientifically false theory as creationism?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

well.. so why don't we chop the bible and just use the new testament.. since the old one is obsolete?

and again.. noone has answered that.. what if the big bang is true? would you still believe a scientifically false theory as creationism?

Good point!!! :thumbs::yes:

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE