IR5FORMUMSIE

Commies 4 Christ...Redux Part Trois

1,421 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Nagi! How are you feeling today?

0n top of the kidney disease chronic pain, my blood sugar is making me nauseated and dizzy.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If it involved the Northern Line, I don't blame you! I lived up in Kentish Town for a while, and my last place in London was near Archway, so I've spent my fair share of time in Camden. Where were you yesterday that a trip to North London was impossible?

I was in Southwark and Tottenham Court Road.

Every time I hear the name LeBron James, I think of that Cleveland Tourism YouTube video -- "Our economy's based on LeBron James / Buy a house for the price of a VCR."

I was in Southwark and Tottenham Court Road.

Ahhhh, TCR. I worked in Bedford Square for a while, when I was working for a sleazy TV company in the late 90s. The same ones who brought you Big Brother, Changing Rooms and the perennial favourite, Can't Cook Won't Cook.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Every time I hear the name LeBron James, I think of that Cleveland Tourism YouTube video -- "Our economy's based on LeBron James / Buy a house for the price of a VCR."

:lol: Apparently my exes uncle used to coach James before he want to the NBA.

Timeline

Ahhhh, TCR. I worked in Bedford Square for a while, when I was working for a sleazy TV company in the late 90s. The same ones who brought you Big Brother, Changing Rooms and the perennial favourite, Can't Cook Won't Cook.

Which production company was that - Celador?

I used to work around Liverpool Street and Tower Hill.

And the verdict then?

That was it. A claim to fame thing.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, I am missing something here. This thread IS mostly chit-chat, and support of each other when needed. Exactly when did we limit membership? I missed that meeting. Maybe you need to revoke mine. Maybe they came in here to annoy us, but maybe, just maybe, we should welcome them. I have found both Madhouse and Maven to be intelligent, hilarious people. I may not always agree with their politics, but they have NOT brought politics into here.

Hi, Val. :thumbs::luv: :luv: :luv: I don't know Maven but #6/Gene/Madhouse had legendary battles with BY that I thoroughly enjoyed. One night when Natty and Gene were going at it, I asked Gene to leave and he did so. I always remember that whenever he posts. I must respecfully disagree with the idea that this is only a chit-chat thread. There are many other threads that specialize in idle chit-chat, I am not going to go into detail but as I was just told people are free to come and go as they please. Fair enough. Keep in mind that such an attitude will necessarily proscribe any discussion of personal affairs. This is a support group, first and a place to exchange bland pleasantries, second. I have always thought of this place as a sanctuary from some of the craziness that is prevalent outside this thread. Said craziness frequently having absolutely nothing to do with politics. I guess that I was wrong, this isn't sanctuary, this isn't my home, anymore. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, maybe I won't, maybe I'll start a survivors thread, maybe I'll just leave VJ. That's a lot of maybes, maybe too many for me to deal with.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are they broken people? Do they sincerely care about us? Could we count on them for support? These are the important things that make this thread, least you all have forgotten.

No one needs a membership cos it is VJ.

Dearest Nagi, good comments. I would have to say that I have no idea what the new posters are thinking or expecting from this thread.

I think it would be great to have a constant flow of new blood/perspectives conversations run in/out of this thread. In all honesty, it would be nice to have some fun run through here...nobody wants to or should remain broken (hopefully!)

Blessings

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Which production company was that - Celador?

I used to work around Liverpool Street and Tower Hill.

No, it was Endemol (which sounds like a laxative). I got an offer to jump ship to Celador and I wish I had -- at least their chief exec wasn't a total control freak. On the other hand, I got a lot of free tickets to things, learned I had no business in the entertainment industry and drank a lot of champagne.

I used to work right around Liverpool Street too -- I worked on Old Broad Street, right between Liverpool Street and Wormwood Street. I was there between 2002-2007 -- we probably were drinking in the same pubs. (I think I drank in them all...blush.gif)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

0n top of the kidney disease chronic pain, my blood sugar is making me nauseated and dizzy.

My Poor Nagi, if I was able to leave this place I'd be there in a second to give you a hand.(F) (F) (F) (F)(F) (F) (F) (F) (F)(F) (F) (F) (F)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Oh, and just to say thanks to those who are happy to see new faces! I know I can be spiky elsewhere, but here I'll behave. Sometimes even I need a space just to be, well, nice!biggrin.gif

Timeline

No, it was Endemol (which sounds like a laxative). I got an offer to jump ship to Celador and I wish I had -- at least their chief exec wasn't a total control freak. On the other hand, I got a lot of free tickets to things, learned I had no business in the entertainment industry and drank a lot of champagne.

I used to work right around Liverpool Street too -- I worked on Old Broad Street, right between Liverpool Street and Wormwood Street. I was there between 2002-2007 -- we probably were drinking in the same pubs. (I think I drank in them all...blush.gif)

I was there between 2002-2004, it's definitely possible. I was working for BP then - before they moved to Canary Wharf.

Yeah Endemol conjures up some quite unwelcome mental associations.

Oh, and just to say thanks to those who are happy to see new faces! I know I can be spiky elsewhere, but here I'll behave. Sometimes even I need a space just to be, well, nice!biggrin.gif

:thumbs:

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

I was there between 2002-2004, it's definitely possible. I was working for BP then - before they moved to Canary Wharf.

Yeah Endemol conjures up some quite unwelcome mental associations.

Actually, we were GMG Endemol when I was there -- it was a joint venture between the Guardian Media Group and Endemol, a Dutch company. It was named thus for the two founders -- Joop van den Ende and John de Mol. I hated them all equally.laughing.gif It was a terrible fit for me. I ended up spending a year after I left drifting about, temping in the City mostly, and a tragic year managing a secondhand bookshop in South Ken where my boss was obsessed with Y2K. He had supplies in to prepare with what he was sure was going to be an Apocalypse. He invited all the staff to a party in his flat above the shop on New Year's Eve 1999/2000 to see in the end of the world. I went down to the South Bank and partied with all the sane people. I lasted 10 more months before I got the sack for insubordination.innocent.gif

Then I ended up at law school and life got substantially more satisfying.star_smile.gif