tyriun_j

Some basic ?'s

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just had some touch-base questions while I was on here for the night.

1) I've been reading alot of interviews where both the beneficiary and petitioner are going to the consulate interview. Thats not required for the petitioner to go for a CR1/IR1 visa it it? Or is that just simply optional?

2) Once I receive the NOA2 in a couple of months, what are ALL the required docs for the beneficiary to fill out once NVC gets the case? I want to get a jump start on those if possible....

3) From NOA1 to visa in hand, whats the total one would pay in costs for the VISA all in all ( minus tickets to travel, copies of docs, etc. ). I was under the impression the I-864 was the most expensive form or was I mistaken?

Thanks guys!

Pre-USCIS:

07-20-2008: Fell In Love

10/15/2008: Jami and I meet for the first time

1-17-2009: Became Engaged In Nova Scotia

04-01-2009: Visit to Nova Scotia to see Jami

06-29-2009: Jami comes to Arizona to visit

01-08-2010: Married in Fredericton, NB Canada

01-11-2010: Jami allowed back down with me after marriage for 6 months

USCIS JOURNEY:

05-20-2010: I-130 Packet mailed out! ( Finally! )

05-22-2010: Packet received at Lockbox

05-28-2010: NOA1 ($355.00)

07-07-2010: Jami went back to Fredericton, NB :(

10-29-2010: NOA2 ( FINALLY! )

NVC JOURNEY:

11-05-10: Case received at NVC

11-06-10: Called automated machine and got NVC case number

11-08-10: Called and changed Jami's address and added my email to case for corraspondance updates

11-16-10: DS-3032 email generated and emailed to us

11-16-10: AOS fee bill generated and emailed to us

11-18-10: Paid AOS Bill ($88.00)

11-23-10: Mailed completed DS-3032 through Canada Post

12-01-10: NVC Received DS-3032 and updated in System

12-06-10: Mailed AOS packet overnight express

12-16-10: Paid IV Bill ($404.00)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

1. It is optional but if the USC can attend, this is a good idea.

2. Here is a good guide as to what will happen during NVC/all of the documents that are needed (make sure to check your consulate for your country specific documents) : http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

3. Every case is a little different as far as how much more this is going to cost.

The AOS (I-864) fee is $70 where the IV (DS-230) bill is $400. Then you have the expense for the medical exam. You can get a better idea of how much that will cost by asking people who have gone through the medical recently or checking the consulate website. Around $200 generally. The other fee is the courier fee that the consulate will have you pay after you get your approval notice from them. I don't know how much it is for your consulate. This as well should be on the consulate website.

As you said, there are the other expenses like sending the mail and documents and travel and all of that good stuff.

Best of luck on your journey!

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey there!

Yes, your right... petitioner is not required to go to the interview, it's a optional thing :)

Here you can find pretty much everything about what you need to do when you get to the NVC... this guide has been very helpful to alot of people, including me

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

And about the fees... lets see.

At the NVC stage you'll have IV fee bill = $400 and AOS fee bill = $70.

After that there's the medical that costs around $150 here, but I'm not sure about the prices for Canada and then some minor fees at the embassy for them to send you back the passport and such.

Hope you have a speedy journey, good luck :)

Oct 2008 - met in Tacoma, Wa

Jan 2009 - engaged

Nov 03, 2009 - got married in Croatia

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - pregnant (expecting our first baby in Sep)

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Apr 2010 - NOA2 received - APPROVED

Apr 2010 - got NVC case number

Apr 2010 - DS3032 sent and accepted

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bills received

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bill paid

Jun 2010 - all documents sent to NVC

Jun 16, 2010 - NVC received all of our documents (according to the AVR)

Jun 28, 2010 - NVC sent us a RFE

Jun 30, 2010 - received the checklist from the NVC via email

Jul 01, 2010 - sent the corrected I-864 form back to NVC

Jul 12, 2010 - NVC has received the checklist letter response

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

Jul 27, 2010 - interview - APPROVED!

Aug 06, 2010 - POE - Seattle

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

lol Teya, we posted pretty much at the same time :)

Oct 2008 - met in Tacoma, Wa

Jan 2009 - engaged

Nov 03, 2009 - got married in Croatia

Jan 2010 - I-130 filed

Jan 2010 - pregnant (expecting our first baby in Sep)

Jan 2010 - NOA1 received

Apr 2010 - NOA2 received - APPROVED

Apr 2010 - got NVC case number

Apr 2010 - DS3032 sent and accepted

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bills received

May 2010 - AOS & IV Bill paid

Jun 2010 - all documents sent to NVC

Jun 16, 2010 - NVC received all of our documents (according to the AVR)

Jun 28, 2010 - NVC sent us a RFE

Jun 30, 2010 - received the checklist from the NVC via email

Jul 01, 2010 - sent the corrected I-864 form back to NVC

Jul 12, 2010 - NVC has received the checklist letter response

Jul 21, 2010 - got SIF, case expedited cause of pregnancy, all the paperwork sent to the US embassy in Zagreb

Jul 26, 2010 - medical

Jul 27, 2010 - interview - APPROVED!

Aug 06, 2010 - POE - Seattle

nrRAp2.png

"I tell you good night with tears in my eyes,I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I'm not that tough. When I feel your embrace it will be alright, but my heart aches for you on this lonely night."

nrRAp2.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Just had some touch-base questions while I was on here for the night.

1) I've been reading alot of interviews where both the beneficiary and petitioner are going to the consulate interview. Thats not required for the petitioner to go for a CR1/IR1 visa it it? Or is that just simply optional?

2) Once I receive the NOA2 in a couple of months, what are ALL the required docs for the beneficiary to fill out once NVC gets the case? I want to get a jump start on those if possible....

3) From NOA1 to visa in hand, whats the total one would pay in costs for the VISA all in all ( minus tickets to travel, copies of docs, etc. ). I was under the impression the I-864 was the most expensive form or was I mistaken?

Thanks guys!

Regarding question 1, in general it is optional...no consulate officially requires that the petitioner be present for the interview, and some consulates do not allow the petitioner to be present. There are, however, some consulates, like Ecuador, that unofficially require the petitioner to be present. If the petitioner is not present, the visa is virtually always denied after a very short interview, no matter the evidence presented. However, keep in mind that I am speaking in general in case someone from one of those consulates reads this, not about Canada specifically. In order to know how important it is that the petitioner be present, it is necessary to do things like read the consulate reviews on vj.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, totally optional to attend the interview in Canada, many spouses don't attend. For Montreal there is no courier fee but you must bring an expresspost envelope (the biggest they sell) and take that with you to the interview, addresses to yourself (well to the beneficiary)

The medical fee is over 200 dollars here, depends on where you go.

One thing you can do now, if you haven't already, is get a confimation of all of the beneficiaries vaccinations that are required. They will need this to take to the medical.

Info on which vaccinations are required, by age, can be found here, along with other info about the medical. This is the website for the panel physician in Montreal/Toronto:

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Here is the page which gives information on the DS-230 - in particular you will want to look at the list of civil documents the beneficiary will need to obtain to send with the DS-230:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

As for the I-864, pretty much all the info you need is in the instructions on the actual form.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.